Tom Hiddleston #8 Fifty shades of blue

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched the cc award thank you video again & realized he is in fact wearing the blue sweater or one very similar. I had thought the thing behind his head was a hoodie but its the headrest of a chair & at this point he is literally trolling his fans, right? :D

Reactions: 2
I just watched the cc award thank you video again & realized he is in fact wearing the blue sweater or one very similar. I had thought the thing behind his head was a hoodie but its the headrest of a chair & at this point he is literally trolling his fans, right? :D
I’d love to know the reason behind it but it’s either a) he’s trolling his fans b) he developed some sort of anxiety or has sensory issues that make him feel more comfortable always wearing the same thing. Or I guess there could be a c) he just doesn’t give a duck haha which I guess is fine! 😂

At least it looks good on him, it would be awful if he chose to only wear a puke green turtleneck or something.

Reactions: 5
I’d love to know the reason behind it but it’s either a) he’s trolling his fans b) he developed some sort of anxiety or has sensory issues that make him feel more comfortable always wearing the same thing. Or I guess there could be a c) he just doesn’t give a duck haha which I guess is fine! 😂

At least it looks good on him, it would be awful if he chose to only wear a puke green turtleneck or something.
Honestly I can understand the ‘getting attached to specific pieces of clothing’ — I tend to favour specific garments because I like the way I look in it, how comfortable it is, and how versatile it can be for different occasions. It can be hard moving on or simply finding a replacement. Since he already has worn the blue sweater in front of a camera so many times, he might be more comfortable in it (maybe he has developed a connection with said sweater to public appearances). Maybe he’s a highly sensitive person (HSP)…I find they usually are quite picky about clothes.

On the other hand, judging at pap pics, he does have lots of other options…so maybe he’s trolling haha 😂

Don’t quote me on any of this though. I’m hardly qualified make any psychological assumptions 😵💫😵💫

Okay but I have to get your guys opinion on the anxiety comment? I’ve seen some people talk about how hand gestures during interviews look like anxiety soothing gestures and I’ve noticed he tends to fidget with his hands quite a lot.

(You can see one of the top comments in the tiktok as an example)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I enjoyed it up to the part about TSwift. I get that his relationship with her is the reason he’s more closed off with his private life now, but can we just have ONE article without mentioning her? 🙄

Honestly I can understand the ‘getting attached to specific pieces of clothing’ — I tend to favour specific garments because I like the way I look in it, how comfortable it is, and how versatile it can be for different occasions. It can be hard moving on or simply finding a replacement. Since he already has worn the blue sweater in front of a camera so many times, he might be more comfortable in it (maybe he has developed a connection with said sweater to public appearances). Maybe he’s a highly sensitive person (HSP)…I find they usually are quite picky about clothes.

On the other hand, judging at pap pics, he does have lots of other options…so maybe he’s trolling haha 😂

Don’t quite me on any of this though. Hardly qualified make any psychological assumptions 😵💫😵💫

Okay but I have to get you guys opinion on the anxiety comment? I’ve seen some people talk about how hand gestures during interviews look like anxiety soothing gestures and I’ve noticed he tends to fidget with his hands quite a lot.

Definitely agree with you on the anxiety thing, cause although I am no expert, I definitely see some of these habits in my anxiety-ridden myself! 😅

I enjoyed it up to the part about TSwift. I get that his relationship with her is the reason he’s more closed off with his private life now, but can we just have ONE article without mentioning her? 🙄

Definitely agree with you on the anxiety thing, cause although I am no expert, I definitely see some of these habits in my anxiety-ridden myself! 😅
That’s why I didn’t even bother clicking on it. Figured it was no different than their earlier article including the obligatory TS mention. I don’t think she’s going ever be totally out of the picture.

Reactions: 3

Don’t quote me on any of this though. I’m hardly qualified make any psychological assumptions 😵💫😵💫

Okay but I have to get your guys opinion on the anxiety comment? I’ve seen some people talk about how hand gestures during interviews look like anxiety soothing gestures and I’ve noticed he tends to fidget with his hands quite a lot.

Definite anxiety and I hope he's finding a proper way through it rather than coping himself

I think Tom did well for being thrust into fame so quickly, but I think it got way worse after the hellish months that were Hiddleswift to Golden Globes. You’d never know he has anxiety in his acting performances and in the beginning he actually tended to pick up the slack for actors with more well known anxiety like Chris Evans.

I tend to think it’s not so much anxiety in a clinical way as it is nervousness or ptsd for lack of a better term, always worrying about what he is saying. I swear he pauses and says filler words like uh or um more than he used to- I think the fidgeting and other telltale nervous signs are all about him being so conscious of his words being picked apart, and putting much more effort into his word choices than he once did. But this is of course all from my very unqualified, lack of psychology degree perspective (although both my parents and sisters are so I have had my fill of it) 😂

That’s why I didn’t even bother clicking on it. Figured it was no different than their earlier article including the obligatory TS mention. I don’t think she’s going ever be totally out of the picture.
Unfortunately I have to agree with you- she’s the most famous connection he’s ever had and throwing her in there boosts engagement, plus makes it more intriguing for a lot of readers. I imagine it would be the same if he had dated any other very famous woman but unfortunately for him, his other relationships have always been super under the radar and don’t garner any public interest really (they’re not going to mention Susannah or Jane Arthy because no one cares). I am certainly sick of it too and it seems we will never be rid of her.

I think Tom did well for being thrust into fame so quickly, but I think it got way worse after the hellish months that were Hiddleswift to Golden Globes. You’d never know he has anxiety in his acting performances and in the beginning he actually tended to pick up the slack for actors with more well known anxiety like Chris Evans.

I tend to think it’s not so much anxiety in a clinical way as it is nervousness or ptsd for lack of a better term, always worrying about what he is saying. I swear he pauses and says filler words like uh or um more than he used to- I think the fidgeting and other telltale nervous signs are all about him being so conscious of his words being picked apart, and putting much more effort into his word choices than he once did. But this is of course all from my very unqualified, lack of psychology degree perspective (although both my parents and sisters are so I have had my fill of it) 😂

Unfortunately I have to agree with you- she’s the most famous connection he’s ever had and throwing her in there boosts engagement, plus makes it more intriguing for a lot of readers. I imagine it would be the same if he had dated any other very famous woman but unfortunately for him, his other relationships have always been super under the radar and don’t garner any public interest really (they’re not going to mention Susannah or Jane Arthy because no one cares). I am certainly sick of it too and it seems we will never be rid of her.
I don’t think they think she’s going to boost anything. It’s more of a filler statement because as you said she’s a famous name and her connection with him was a huge deal. And no she’s not going anywhere. At least as far as the media is concerned. But I just honestly am not interested in reading the same article over and over again. When new information comes out then it’ll be worth the click. If the TH gods really want to give us something, they’ll give us a real update on White Stork.

This not so much fidgeting but touching himself, which has a different meaning : it's a subconscious seduction gesture. Which makes sense I guess since it was at the peak of his career (2015), and my guess is he was enjoying his sexiest man alive status at the time (I would too, if I had that possibility tbh but I am a woman and I never really allowed myself to have this kind of fun). I suppose the journalist was cute.
And nowadays he doesn't do it anymore, by the way. Touching himself and licking his lips during interviews, I mean.

Reactions: 5
This not so much fidgeting but touching himself, which has a different meaning : it's a subconscious seduction gesture. Which makes sense I guess since it was at the peak of his career (2015), and my guess is he was enjoying his sexiest man alive status at the time (I would too, if I had that possibility tbh but I am a woman and I never really allowed myself to have this kind of fun). I suppose the journalist was cute.
And nowadays he doesn't do it anymore, by the way. Touching himself and licking his lips during interviews, I mean.
No he just fiddles with his glasses or hair.

What is it about gossip rags and tabloids that have to muck rake about celebs because they don't have confirmed details (I saw it posted that his reps have declined to comment), so articles rake up Swifty, and just about every other women he was ever linked with, every man that Zawe was ever photographed with and every bit of potential gossip (we've heard a million times in between). Can we not hear about his Unicef work or the times (plural) he visited children's wards with Chris Hemsworth dressed as Loki? Or even (and I only heard this through a London based friend so no idea if it's true) that he showed up with Bobby to support the opening of Social Bite cafe in London (their first) but stayed out of the way so it didn't take away from his friends/neighbours (George Clooney was there and helped them achieve it) that made it happen. Social Bite for anyone that's interested started in Scotland and is a normal cafe where you can pay it forward and apart from getting yourself food/beverage you can buy a drink or meal for a homeless person. Anyone who is homeless can come in no questions asked and claim a free sandwich/meal or drink. Seriously something like that would have been worth reading rather than the regurgitated nonsense about their previous possible partners.

No he just fiddles with his glasses or hair.

What is it about gossip rags and tabloids that have to muck rake about celebs because they don't have confirmed details (I saw it posted that his reps have declined to comment), so articles rake up Swifty, and just about every other women he was ever linked with, every man that Zawe was ever photographed with and every bit of potential gossip (we've heard a million times in between). Can we not hear about his Unicef work or the times (plural) he visited children's wards with Chris Hemsworth dressed as Loki? Or even (and I only heard this through a London based friend so no idea if it's true) that he showed up with Bobby to support the opening of Social Bite cafe in London (their first) but stayed out of the way so it didn't take away from his friends/neighbours (George Clooney was there and helped them achieve it) that made it happen. Social Bite for anyone that's interested started in Scotland and is a normal cafe where you can pay it forward and apart from getting yourself food/beverage you can buy a drink or meal for a homeless person. Anyone who is homeless can come in no questions asked and claim a free sandwich/meal or drink. Seriously something like that would have been worth reading rather than the regurgitated nonsense about their previous possible partners.
The thing is those wouldn’t get the clicks that they want. Tabloids are big on sensationalism. They give you a headline that makes you think they actually have details but ultimately say nothing. It’s actually embarrassing how stupid they think people are.

The thing is those wouldn’t get the clicks that they want. Tabloids are big on sensationalism. They give you a headline that makes you think they actually have details but ultimately say nothing. It’s actually embarrassing how stupid they think people are.
Especially outlets like the DM which basically cobble together “articles” from old information, wrong information, guesses based on pictures, and references to Taylor Swift. I swear every time I read one of their pieces I think to myself that either a 12 year old intern or a 90 year old wrote it and didn’t bother doing any research. Plus if the comment section on there is indicative of the kind of reader they get, then their audience is the biggest cesspool of trash imaginable.

Especially outlets like the DM which basically cobble together “articles” from old information, wrong information, guesses based on pictures, and references to Taylor Swift. I swear every time I read one of their pieces I think to myself that either a 12 year old intern or a 90 year old wrote it and didn’t bother doing any research. Plus if the comment section on there is indicative of the kind of reader they get, then their audience is the biggest cesspool of trash imaginable.
Is it bad I like the DM only for the comments section so that you can see how people really feel about things?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Even People used lazy journalism on this one. They did no research and used the same cobbled details as every other tabloid. Like it was super important to break this story without doing any actual research. It’s sad to see. So much for having a trusted source.

Reactions: 1