Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

db131

VIP Member
What did Tom say in his Golden Globes speech?
He was accepting for The Night Manager and he started talking about how he had gone to the countries that it is based on to do humanitarian and how people came up to him and told him the show brought them joy, he called himself a humanitarian, he called Doctors Without Borders by their French name- it was very pretentious but harmless. (Btw I did that from memory so I could be misremembering or leaving something out, I’d rather not watch it again as it makes me sad).

He was clearly not prepared to win and didn’t have a planned speech and it ended up sounding very self congratulatory which I really don’t think was his goal. He was trying to draw attention to the work he does and that DWB do, not for a pat on the back but I think to bring awareness and explain why he is so proud of his show. But people really went at him for it both in the media and on twitter, saying he had a white savior complex etc. He ended up issuing an apology on facebook for his “inelegant delivery.”

The thing that bugs the crap out of me is that many actors have used their thank you speech to get on a soapbox and talk about what people can do to help. I think the problem here was 1- that it sounded like a humble brag 2- that people thought he was, for lack of a better word, a douchebag after Taylor, and 3- it went on for a long time without reaching a point. A reporter afterwards asked him if he heard what people were tweeting and then read him some of it ON CAMERA and you can see all the joy of winning leave him immediately.

Not to be dramatic but I swear that moment changed him and had a lasting impact on his relationship with speaking in public. It’s all on youtube.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Kouignamann

Some new pictures from March 26 (trigger warning - Zawe is also in the pictures). Looks like they were having an outdoor lunch. Tom is really embracing his new shorts!😁

Let's be honest, I didn't think I would say that some day, but they look really cute together, just hanging out with sweet gestures to one another like a regular couple. It makes my heart a little warmer.

Reactions: 9

Jara

VIP Member
MTV decided to make the acting category “gender neutral“ so it happened only females were nominated this year. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Sorry to sound as an intolerant whinner but this is a stupid idea. It doesn´t really help anything, only diminishes chances of other actors and actresses getting there. They basically left the same number of places for nominations but for more people. I hope this trend is not going any further.

Reactions: 9

mghjuno

It’s nice to see. It’s just very..normal. Nothing glam about it, nothing particularly intriguing. The fact that it’s news just shows what the Daily Mail considers “news” - 500 pictures of a couple trying to enjoy a cup of coffee and look at twitter 😂 Also obviously we don’t know what she’s drinking but if it’s espresso I doubt she’s pregnant.
YES. The commentary on The Daily Fail is ridiculous. They literally are just ordinary people eating & scrolling at a cafe like everyone else. It's a bit of a reality check in fact. If you step back & look at them it makes all this attention paid to Tom's every move seem a little silly. Not that this realization will stop me from paying attention to his every move.

Reactions: 8

db131

VIP Member
How cool they’re beginning promo with what looks to be a viral campaign with some lore! This reminds me of Cloverfield, I remember before it came out they did all these online stories to set up the potential creature and get people theorizing. I hope there is more to come!

B871A68B-3EC2-4BAF-AF03-2FB1BAA43728.png

db131

VIP Member
Is it ok if I spoil MoM a little? Mods delete if this isn't ok or scroll past if you don't want to know.
My biggest problem with Phase 4 is that Kang wasn't in MoM, which makes the whole thing seem disjointed. Why set up the multiverse in more than one film or show & set him up as the biggest, baddest most dangerous bad guy of the multiverse & then have a whole movie entirely about multiverses that he isn't in or even mentioned in at all?

The only way this makes sense to me is if in Loki season 2 we find out that Kang was totally lying to Sylvie & Loki. Like instead of being the ruler over the TVA he was imprisoned by someone & the TVA, the existence of the "correct" timeline, the Void, Alioth & the Citadel are all there to trap him & make sure he doesn't get out but really he's not special in terms of being a danger to other multiverses. And the main influence he will have is over the one "correct" timeline via the TVA.

Does that make any sense?
Makes complete sense. I also realized I made so many typos in my last post because I couldn’t see from the sun so, sorry everyone!

D0EFC0C3-6043-4633-892C-268D8928A0C4.jpeg

3A2AB953-F368-42E8-81C0-0F56BB61DA3A.jpeg

Beautiful new pics!

• Heart

db131

VIP Member
The drought is officially over!! I can’t handle how good he looks, he must be doing very well in his life because he is just glowing all the time now. Look at this bean!!!!
E889FCC1-723F-4578-B9E2-F24E1C31A834.jpeg

/I hate her dress but her hair and skin look amazing!!

• Heart

clara131brown

VIP Member
Looks like it's time to get some suggestions for thread #9 and vote for them.
My suggestion #9 - the return of the grey boots diaries

Jara

VIP Member
Jumping into an interesting conversation.... :D
I finally got a chance to listen to the interview in full (I was at work) and I think the way he didn´t answer *anything* was hilarious.
Did he memorize the official synopsis of TES? The "Something is bumping into boats" and "A teenage girl goes missing" is fun the way he says it and I can actually imagine him making this as an audio book but he didn´t say much at all otherwise :D

"I am in it and some others are, too." :D Well, I guess they are only now discussing what they are allowed to say? In season 1, there was at least some starting poing but here, we have no clue where it is al going. But I love how he just loves the character. The way he said "He thought his dad is Loki" sounded so proud :D

I don´t think he sounded surprised with the engagement, if anything, then was not surprised in a bad way and sounded sincere when he thanked her. I just think he became very private in the past few years so he probably just said stick to this and do not go into details or so.

How he avoided the James Bond question makes me think they may have talked about it and he eiter declined or maybe is trying to find a hole in his schedule three years down the road or he declined years ago....and in any case probably has some clause he cannot talk about it.

All in all, Tom is involved in a lot of stuff he cannot talk about, which ironically would make him a great spy :D

And he can talk Italian to me any day :D