Tom Hiddleston #8 Fifty shades of blue

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I understand this whole point of offending his fiancée and I don't agree, but I also don't agree with how the fans of his fiancée and him harass this girl who needs help, my point is don't do the same for which you don't agree agreement.
Let's hope everything goes well for everyone involved, all fandoms have dangerous people and that's very sad, because there are people who really admire and respect these actors and find all this drama

Reactions: 1
I understand this whole point of offending his fiancée and I don't agree, but I also don't agree with how the fans of his fiancée and him harass this girl who needs help, my point is don't do the same for which you don't agree agreement.
Let's hope everything goes well for everyone involved, all fandoms have dangerous people and that's very sad, because there are people who really admire and respect these actors and find all this drama
She may need help- or she may be a nasty person. If you don’t want to be harassed online then don’t lie and be disgusting towards a woman whom you hate because she is romantically involved with a man whom you don’t really know outside of movies and TV roles.

There is no moral equivalence between the two actions. The fans of Zawe (and Tom!) who are pointing out this woman’s nastiness have every right to do so.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This woman may not even get that far if she can't stump up the money. It's one thing to bid but another to actually hand over enough money that would either be a down payment on a house here or enough to buy a mid market saloon car new.

Usually people that bid on these things (I've ran some of these high end charity auctions) are either other wealthy actors (who will then donate the prize to a genuine fan or to the make a wish foundation) or an investment banker and give it to their wife/partner/husband or older or teenage child.
I hope this all works out ok for all involved. If the woman does need help I hope she gets it. But if they've got it wrong about who she is I hope it gets sorted out. Apart from the safety aspect the last thing Tom or any of the other needs is someone that is going to be a complete embarrassment and get them headlines for the wrong reasons.

Reactions: 4
She may need help- or she may be a nasty person. If you don’t want to be harassed online then don’t lie and be disgusting towards a woman whom you hate because she is romantically involved with a man whom you don’t really know outside of movies and TV roles.

There is no moral equivalence between the two actions. The fans of Zawe (and Tom!) who are pointing out this woman’s nastiness have every right to do so.
Agreed, there is a huge difference between someone who is clearly unstable and someone who is just a jerk because they feel entitled to the actor. And it is pretty normal for an actor or actress to not want anything to do with someone who insults their partner. In that Eddie Redmayne article he expresses his discomfort and anger at the woman saying she doesn’t care that he has a wife and being rude to her. Adam Driver didn’t want a gift from a fan that he found out harassed his wife. Charlie Something, the actor from Sons of Anarchy (can’t remember his name right now) made a video telling his fans to stop insulting his partner. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter how good a fan you are to these people because if you’re willing to harass or bully the person they choose then you aren’t actually a good fan, just my opinion.

This woman may not even get that far if she can't stump up the money. It's one thing to bid but another to actually hand over enough money that would either be a down payment on a house here or enough to buy a mid market saloon car new.

Usually people that bid on these things (I've ran some of these high end charity auctions) are either other wealthy actors (who will then donate the prize to a genuine fan or to the make a wish foundation) or an investment banker and give it to their wife/partner/husband or older or teenage child.
I hope this all works out ok for all involved. If the woman does need help I hope she gets it. But if they've got it wrong about who she is I hope it gets sorted out. Apart from the safety aspect the last thing Tom or any of the other needs is someone that is going to be a complete embarrassment and get them headlines for the wrong reasons.
I’m also curious how she could afford this, or rather that she’s willing to spend that much on this even if she can afford it. I would be so uncomfortable having lunch with people who knew I spent 45000 dollars to be there, it would make me feel extremely desperate. But the money is for a good cause so I do hope whoever ends up going can pull the funds together. And as for her needing help, as you said if she needs it I hope she gets it. But some people like the one who was arrested are clearly mentally unwell, and others are just assholes who are beyond helping.

Reactions: 2
Agreed, there is a huge difference between someone who is clearly unstable and someone who is just a jerk because they feel entitled to the actor. And it is pretty normal for an actor or actress to not want anything to do with someone who insults their partner. In that Eddie Redmayne article he expresses his discomfort and anger at the woman saying she doesn’t care that he has a wife and being rude to her. Adam Driver didn’t want a gift from a fan that he found out harassed his wife. Charlie Something, the actor from Sons of Anarchy (can’t remember his name right now) made a video telling his fans to stop insulting his partner. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter how good a fan you are to these people because if you’re willing to harass or bully the person they choose then you aren’t actually a good fan, just my opinion.

I’m also curious how she could afford this, or rather that she’s willing to spend that much on this even if she can afford it. I would be so uncomfortable having lunch with people who knew I spent 45000 dollars to be there, it would make me feel extremely desperate. But the money is for a good cause so I do hope whoever ends up going can pull the funds together. And as for her needing help, as you said if she needs it I hope she gets it. But some people like the one who was arrested are clearly mentally unwell, and others are just assholes who are beyond helping.
A lot of celebs have an after dinner speech/sing at birthday/upto 30 second advert price. Average is around £250-300k. So a lot of celebs will be used to going to events where they know their time has been paid for. I know this as I've worked for company that have done this and met a lot of celebs (from all areas of famous!) this way. Some are as you see them on screen and others are how would you say..... a disappointment. Most celebs will not be uncomfortable if someone has spent the money for them to be there, they might be uncomfortable if the person isn't nice or feels 'entitled' etc.

I agree completely! That’s why they convince themselves that he’s not with her in reality or that he also really hates her. Or that it is all PR. Delusional 🙄

Reactions: 3

Are you thinking of Charlie Hunan that was in Crimson Peak with Tom?

Are you thinking of Charlie Hunan that was in Crimson Peak with Tom?
YES omg I forgot he was in that movie! What a funny subconscious connection I made. This is the article about how he made a video to ask his fans to stop harassing his girlfriend and essentially questioned how they can be his fans if they do this. I thought it was very interesting because you don’t see that very often:

do what you and the fans of Z and T want, debating with you is tiring, justifies everything and honestly it's a bit complicated!
No one should be harassed online, whether famous or not, but not everyone thinks the same way, good luck to everyone here.

Um did anyone here watch the Oscars? I actually turned it off to try to sleep around 10:30 (my baby is sick and it has not been fun) and then woke up to like 20 texts about the Will Smith incident. Absolute insanity!

And on a Tom-related note, I really wish we could see him at another Oscars. I wonder if he will send Jessica Chastain some sort of congratulations on her win!

Um did anyone here watch the Oscars? I actually turned it off to try to sleep around 10:30 (my baby is sick and it has not been fun) and then woke up to like 20 texts about the Will Smith incident. Absolute insanity!

And on a Tom-related note, I really wish we could see him at another Oscars. I wonder if he will send Jessica Chastain some sort of congratulations on her win!
Just woke up, what Will Smith incident? I did see a picture of Jessica's dress before I went to bed. She is a stunning woman

do what you and the fans of Z and T want, debating with you is tiring, justifies everything and honestly it's a bit complicated!
No one should be harassed online, whether famous or not, but not everyone thinks the same way, good luck to everyone here.
I don't get this at all. Nobody is harassing that woman. Nobody, nowhere, not on any platform. They have identified her as a potential stalker and have informed TH's management to check she is not a security risk. That's all that's happened.

That woman, on the other hand, has insulted and made racist comments about Zawe, and has published Tom's address. This is of concern because obsessive fans like her have a history of doing unexpectedly horrific things, for example what happened with Christina Grimmie:
She was murdered by a fan after the show as she was signing autographs. As she approached to give him a hug, Kevin James Loibl, 27, pulled out a gun and fired.

Reactions: 3
I don't get this at all. Nobody is harassing that woman. Nobody, nowhere, not on any platform. They have identified her as a potential stalker and have informed TH's management to check she is not a security risk. That's all that's happened.

That woman, on the other hand, has insulted and made racist comments about Zawe, and has published Tom's address. This is of concern because obsessive fans like her have a history of doing unexpectedly horrific things, for example what happened with Christina Grimmie:
I'm sure Tom knows very well who his stalker fans are so if this woman is dangerous she won't be around him.

I'm sure Tom knows very well who his stalker fans are so if this woman is dangerous she won't be around him.
Yes, I agree with you on that. Celebrities management teams are usually on top of security. :)
I just don't agree with your initial point that people are harassing that woman, that's all. They have not doxxed her real name or address, they are not messaging her hate, they only notified the people in charge so it can be looked into. :)

Yes, I agree with you on that. Celebrities management teams are usually on top of security. :)
I just don't agree with your initial point that people are harassing that woman, that's all. They have not doxxed her real name or address, they are not messaging her hate, they only notified the people in charge so it can be looked into. :)
I already understood everything, if it's okay for Tom to be careful.
Hopefully everything goes well

That was why I wondered if they'd got it wrong about who she was. Surely Tom's management would know who the dangerous or suspect ones are and they wouldn't be allowed near in which case this woman wouldn't have won. I'm sure we'll hear.

That was why I wondered if they'd got it wrong about who she was. Surely Tom's management would know who the dangerous or suspect ones are and they wouldn't be allowed near in which case this woman wouldn't have won. I'm sure we'll hear.
I don’t necessarily agree with that, there are obviously times when security or management teams are unaware or else these sorts of incidents that we have been citing wouldn’t happen. Hopefully you’re right in this instance but again, part of the issue isn’t just that she’s potentially dangerous, it’s that she has dedicated a hate campaign to his partner and it is gross to think of him sharing crumpets with someone who has made racist and vile remarks about his girlfriend/fiancée. I also don’t think they got it wrong, they seem very positive about it and I can’t imagine they’d go to his management if they didn’t have proof, but I guess we’ll have to see!

As for the Will Smith incident, after a joke about Jada’s hair (which she has lost from alopecia) Will went up on stage and hit Chris Rock in the face, then sat down and yelled at Chris to keep his wife’s name out of his bleeping mouth. It’s the most insane thing I’ve seen at an awards show for sure.

I found a link:

I don’t necessarily agree with that, there are obviously times when security or management teams are unaware or else these sorts of incidents that we have been citing wouldn’t happen. Hopefully you’re right in this instance but again, part of the issue isn’t just that she’s potentially dangerous, it’s that she has dedicated a hate campaign to his partner and it is gross to think of him sharing crumpets with someone who has made racist and vile remarks about his girlfriend/fiancée. I also don’t think they got it wrong, they seem very positive about it and I can’t imagine they’d go to his management if they didn’t have proof, but I guess we’ll have to see!

As for the Will Smith incident, after a joke about Jada’s hair (which she has lost from alopecia) Will went up on stage and hit Chris Rock in the face, then sat down and yelled at Chris to keep his wife’s name out of his bleeping mouth. It’s the most insane thing I’ve seen at an awards show for sure.
I get that but I meant that I would hope that checks had been done on the bidders and they wouldn't have let her bid/bids be accepted if that were the case etc (which is usually done for something like that) and that if that woman is the person behind the accounts then no she shouldn't be there. But if she's not the woman behind the accounts and the other fans have either got the wrong woman or right name but wrong woman then shame on them for getting someone innocent mixed up with someone that runs a hate account. I'm assuming we'll hear what happens about the winner etc.

I couldn't believe what Will did. Good on him for defending his wife but he shouldn't have hit Chris Rock....... but in defence of Will, Chris even though he's a comedian should know you don't mock health conditions, it's worse than the comics that make fun of bodily functions/accents/a celebs misfortune for shock value.

I get that but I meant that I would hope that checks had been done on the bidders and they wouldn't have let her bid/bids be accepted if that were the case etc (which is usually done for something like that) and that if that woman is the person behind the accounts then no she shouldn't be there. But if she's not the woman behind the accounts and the other fans have either got the wrong woman or right name but wrong woman then shame on them for getting someone innocent mixed up with someone that runs a hate account. I'm assuming we'll hear what happens about the winner etc.

I couldn't believe what Will did. Good on him for defending his wife but he shouldn't have hit Chris Rock....... but in defence of Will, Chris even though he's a comedian should know you don't mock health conditions, it's worse than the comics that make fun of bodily functions/accents/a celebs misfortune for shock value.
Agreed, if it’s not the woman who runs those accounts then it’s a super awkward and messed up situation. Apparently they might announce the winners at some point on the radio show of the guy who organized it (a radio personality in the UK called Chris Evans, meanwhile I’ve been walking around thinking Captain America organized this auction and was so impressed 😂).

I think as a comedian certain things should be off limits, especially at a televised awards show, not a roast or stand up, and health conditions is one of them. If she had shaved her head because of cancer would the joke be funny? So I understand Will’s reaction BUT I also don’t think the violence was okay. He could have just said what he said without going up there or made it clear he was upset and handled it after. It felt kind of performative, like he is overcompensating for defending her because of their public marital issues, but that’s all my own speculation.