TiffanyThinks #4 TiffanyDrinks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here's the Queen of Anecdotes piping in again LOL: my surgeon put my port in an unusual spot in my chest, closer to my armpit and shoulder area. She told me she had to do that because I was so thin she was afraid she was going to puncture my lung. Yes I was thin when my cancer was DX but not as thin as Tiffany. I'm wondering if that was the reason the port could not be put into her chest. IMHO I'd much rather have it in my chest than my arm.
Good on you for piping in!
And thank you for sharing your first hand experience… it does make perfect sense what you have said.
I hope you are traveling along really well 🌻

Reactions: 6
I know, it's crazy. When I get tests for anything, the results are uploaded to the online portals before I even have the follow up appts. I have wondered if the UK just didn't do that.
Yeah we don’t get that in the UK. You get sent a letter or contacted directly, it’s archaic tbh. And usually takes ages unless someone is imminently dying.

The fact Tiffany was crying during the PET to me suggests very much she knows she isn’t cancer free or why worry? If she knows this deep down, why the duck has she waited?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
She was crying sitting outside with Matt waiting to take with the oncologist a couple weeks ago and that was just for a Q n A that she requested.
She hates being reminded she's sick.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
She looks exahusted and super worried in these past few vlogs. Might be because she's not sleeping - and why that's happening is also a mystery(because of her medication, the stress of the scans, the pain or something else).

She can't even muster her usual cheery tone anymore. She blocked all the emotions about her reality for a 6/8 week vacation from cancer(can you really block out cancer for 6 weeks Tiff?!!) and now she's exahusted from it all.

Another thing I've noticed, she keeps referencing her old life again and again - she never quite got over that her life changed and still hasn't. That's why she prays and hopes for the miracle without the drastic surgery because she wants to run back to her old life instead of facing and adapting to a new one(which I get is hard, but you have to deal with the options in front of you). Even if you're cancer free now you can't go back to your old life, circumstances will change you and that's a good thing - growth in your character and life is a good thing. Tiffany - it's time to mature up - cancer has already forced you to do it and will do it again on its terms if you don't intervene.

Reactions: 13
Another thing I've noticed, she keeps referencing her old life again and again - she never quite got over that her life changed and still hasn't.
I noticed it too. She always says "I want to get my life back, it's going to happen soon, i just want it all over". She doesn't understand it doesn't work like that with cancer.
And i'm surprised it's so hard for her to accept, because when she got diagnosed a year ago she was told she's inoperable and terminal. She accepted it then, she got the worst news, but kept fighting. And now she can't even accept she might need surgery - when it's the best possible scenario, but no, for her the only good scenario is that she's suddenly cancer free now without any treatment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Do many here think she's going to be told it's spread?
I think she'll be told again that she can have the surgery if she wants, but the surgeon will say it won't cure her so it's her decision.
Tiffany will hear it as "there's no cancer, so we'll just keep monitoring you, go back to your life". And all this will continue until it eventually spreads.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I noticed it too. She always says "I want to get my life back, it's going to happen soon, i just want it all over". She doesn't understand it doesn't work like that with cancer.
And i'm surprised it's so hard for her to accept, because when she got diagnosed a year ago she was told she's inoperable and terminal. She accepted it then, she got the worst news, but kept fighting. And now she can't even accept she might need surgery - when it's the best possible scenario, but no, for her the only good scenario is that she's suddenly cancer free now without any treatment.
Exactly! I think it's because if she's inoperable her body and quality of life won't change so drastically from where she is now(or at least that's what she thinks - she'll continue with the pain meds and palliative care maybe maintenence chemo) like the way the surgery will. Maybe she thinks she'll be a miracle there too who will survive for many many years with stage 4 cancer. It's easier to deal with the devil you know then the unknown.

I also agree with Eddertillet - she'll be given the surgery option again and she won't go through with it unless Matt and her family convince her. But she'll act like she's cancer free if she declines the surgery. She is the queen of blocking it out.

Reactions: 9
Do many here think she's going to be told it's spread?
It’s so hard to say! If they tell her it did spread (and I hope they don’t) I can’t even imagine Tiffany telling us about it. I also tend to agree with the other posts, that she will be given the surgery option, but she won’t go through with it, especially if it is only a palliative surgery. And yes, she will spin it that she is cancer-free if she refuses the surgery. I just rewatched the clip of Tiffany and Matt discussing it in the car in the “No Surgery” video. But every time I listen to it, I get more confused! Hopefully Matt was right when he said it wouldn’t spread in 6 weeks! I also listened to the part where Tiffany asks about chemotherapy. She says, “There’s no point in doing more chemo in the meantime”, and the way the surgeon replies, “Not in the meantime, not in the meantime…” makes me think that there’s a possibility that she will need more chemotherapy at some point, just not in this 6 week “Wait and Watch” period.
Tiffany appears so anxious and distressed in the last few videos. No wonder the surgeon mentioned that surgery would be better for her mental health!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
She unfollowed everyone on Instagram and only has her TiffanyThinksBookClub.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Shutting off the world. She cannot handle seeing someone else with no cancer nor can she handle associating with other cancer patients.
She can't even see other cancer patients, and she never talks to them and doesn't reply to them in the comments.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Wonder when she will get the pet scan results??
That’s a good question! One of the commenters here looked it up, and it said that RMH can have pet scan results within 24 hours. I also saw a comment on her most recent video telling her the same thing, and they suggested that she call the hospital to get the results. Then she won’t have to stress out waiting.
It seemed to take forever for the last set of results!

Reactions: 8
That’s a good question! One of the commenters here looked it up, and it said that RMH can have pet scan results within 24 hours. I also saw a comment on her most recent video telling her the same thing, and they suggested that she call the hospital to get the results. Then she won’t have to stress out waiting.
It seemed to take forever for the last set of results!
I mean yeah but the scan will have to be officially reported on and then I’d assume she will be called in for an appointment with her consultant to discuss the scan results. They won’t tell her over the phone if she calls them up today for example. You would think she would have an appointment booked in now for the results.

Reactions: 10
I mean yeah but the scan will have to be officially reported on and then I’d assume she will be called in for an appointment with her consultant to discuss the scan results. They won’t tell her over the phone if she calls them up today for example. You would think she would have an appointment booked in now for the results.
Yes, that’s right! I don’t remember if she mentioned anything about that, but then there’s a lot she doesn’t tell us!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.