TiffanyThinks #4 TiffanyDrinks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I currently have a friend who is in chemo for liver cancer and "unspecified/unknown" cancer. They know the liver cancer is met. from somewhere else but can't find it, it doesn't light up on the PET scans, etc. They THINK it's from chest or head area. I was just wondering if anyone knows how common it is for cancer not to show on PET scans but you actually have it. It doesn't look good for my friend right now.
I googled “cancer that doesn’t show up on PET scan” and the first result was a certain type of stomach cancer.

Reactions: 9
It's a cult and she is their high priestess.

In watching the latter part of her vlog today, she has the WORST diet. And she almost sneers when she says vegan sandwich.
Another thing that's struck me is how boring her videos truly are. Seriously, it's the same old, same old on nearly every video. Eating chips or fries, drinking tea, walking down a hospital corridor, opening up a new shopping haul, or being cozy on her bed or sofa.
I seriously doubt she'll provide any real details on her scans and biopsy. But she'll talk endlessly about how delicious Matt's scrambled eggs are!
Her videos really are incredibly repetitive. This vlog about having a PET scan really wasn't needed. We have seen the exact same thing many times before. I don't get how she can think that this could be interesting to anyone.

Reactions: 12
It's a cult and she is their high priestess.

In watching the latter part of her vlog today, she has the WORST diet. And she almost sneers when she says vegan sandwich.
Another thing that's struck me is how boring her videos truly are. Seriously, it's the same old, same old on nearly every video. Eating chips or fries, drinking tea, walking down a hospital corridor, opening up a new shopping haul, or being cozy on her bed or sofa.
I seriously doubt she'll provide any real details on her scans and biopsy. But she'll talk endlessly about how delicious Matt's scrambled eggs are!
I forgot to add: Repeating "We got this" and shilling her merchandise, over and over.

She can't help herself, stop herself from picking up the camera. That's what she's been doing for the past decade. Only this time, as the solicitor here put it so succinctly, fame and disease have both found her. She is a YTr first, patient second.

Reactions: 14
And port-a-caths still need to be flushed every so often. I can't remember exactly but it was either every 3 months or every 6 months for me and I hung onto my port for 2 years after chemo was completed because there was a good chance of my breast cancer repaying me a visit. Basically the chemo nurse injects a syringe of heparin into the port. Then within seconds you get a yucky metallic taste in your throat. At least I did LOL. Tiff would surely be annoyed at having to go back to the hospital for her port flushes.

Hey ... maybe her medical team is onto us and that's why the unexpected scheduling of her repeat biopsies happened.
Did she not have her port removed? It’s not visible and I think there may have been vague mention. My daughters was only removed once ALL treatment completed and I remover thinking “ why is she taking the port out” it’s a procedure to replace it.

Reactions: 3
Did she not have her port removed? It’s not visible and I think there may have been vague mention. My daughters was only removed once ALL treatment completed and I remover thinking “ why is she taking the port out” it’s a procedure to replace it.
She had her PICC line removed only.

Reactions: 10
She had her PICC line removed from her right arm. She still has the port in her left arm - I could see it in a video last week. I don’t know why the port is in her arm instead of her chest.

Reactions: 4
She just posted a short on YT. Filmed as she waited in the hospital to get her Pet Scan. So it seems the first scan has been done. Next is CT Scan, then MRI, then biopsy. She doesn't say when this actually happened. My guess is it all (the scans and biopsy) happened last week. That could explain her Insta post yesterday where she looked so ill. Oh, she was watching Miracle on 34thStreet on a tv set up in her room as she waited..

Her Insta from yesterday is gone now.
I’m so confused. The PET scan is all that is needed to see if cancer “ lights up” or shows Mets.it would also show the tumor size/ location . Why have a CT scan or MRI which would essentially show same information? She’s having the full Monty PET,CT,MRI,biopsy under anesthesia the NHS is a richly resourced medical service. In 🇨🇦 We try to reduce the exposure to radiation and unnecessary tests. So weird. But every thing about her channel is off, this is why I’m here. ;)

• Wow
Reactions: 7
She had her PICC line removed from her right arm. She still has the port in her left arm - I could see it in a video last week. I don’t know why the port is in her arm instead of her chest.
I wondered myself why the port was in her upper arm as opposed to her chest.
I thought perhaps it was placed there to allow maximum chest access post op if ventilated and for central lines / monitoring.
I also thought maybe this was common or best practice in the UK.
Here is Australia we don’t see that access location used commonly as best practice. It is usually chest but the surgery may have been a factor perhaps?

I’m so confused. The PET scan is all that is needed to see if cancer “ lights up” or shows Mets.it would also show the tumor size/ location . Why have a CT scan or MRI which would essentially show same information? She’s having the full Monty PET,CT,MRI,biopsy under anesthesia the NHS is a richly resourced medical service. In 🇨🇦 We try to reduce the exposure to radiation and unnecessary tests. So weird. But every thing about her channel is off, this is why I’m here. ;)
All of these tests are standard for evaluation of suitability for a pelvic exenteration. Since it has been over 6 weeks since she had them previously they need to be redone as cancer may have grown or mestastisized.

She wouldn't be in unnecessary care wrt to those exposures. She is under the best care at the Royal Marsden

• Heart
🇨🇦Here as well. Welcme. You have much to catch up on if new. This is the Medical Mystery Tour edition of #Tiffanythinks. I would guess that the different scans are not all full body scans. The PET scan likely is but the MRI and CT may be of different areas of the body. She has never revealed what part is being scanned and why. Its part of the deliberate vagueness and thus confusion that seems to be deliberate. The MRI of the abdomen likely shows the team the best precise images of her tumour and how its attachment to her abdominal organs and structures is progressing, or not. The CT. May be more on her chest or brain for example. We will never know though. The biopsies are looking for cancer cell activity in the tumour area and lymph nodes but again we do not know!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
All of these tests are standard for evaluation of suitability for a pelvic exenteration. Since it has been over 6 weeks since she had them previously they need to be redone as cancer may have grown or mestastisized.
Thanks, I was confused when she said “ I’ve had so many PET scans, so many”. It’s not usual practice here, the radioactive dye isn’t great for kidneys. One scan to determine staging, one after chemo. Maybe another in yr time for cancers that respond. I feel for her and all these procedures.

Reactions: 5
The MRI would be a pelvic MRI that would only concentrate on whatever is going on with the initial rectal tumor that may or may not still be there. If tumor is present the MRI can show if surrounding tissue/structures such as the vagina and bladder are invaded by the tumor by "direct extension". It also looks for enlarged perirectal nodes. The distant mets would be evaluated by the CT and the PET. I think most hospitals now perform "PET/CTs" that somehow combine these two types of imaging. Unlike Jessica Krock I doubt Tiff will ever share what is actually stated in the reports.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She wouldn't be in unnecessary care wrt to those exposures. She is under the best care at the Royal Marsden
Agree … it is known and has a reputation as one of the best in the world …
However, I won’t speak to the reputation of the patient. My potty mouth would be on display 😂!

• Haha
Agree … it is known and has a reputation as one of the best in the world …
However, I won’t speak to the reputation of the patient. My potty mouth would be on display 😂!
Yes, I remember RM from another blogger I followed Emily Hayward who tragically passed away. I found her when my daughter was diagnosed. This is why tiffany makes me want to drink popped up. It’s really tragic to watch this young woman and as a MH professional, she is NOT well, as many have commented. I hope she sees the counselor but I suspect she will not.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I wondered myself why the port was in her upper arm as opposed to her chest.
I thought perhaps it was placed there to allow maximum chest access post op if ventilated and for central lines / monitoring.
I also thought maybe this was common or best practice in the UK.
Here is Australia we don’t see that access location used commonly as best practice. It is usually chest but the surgery may have been a factor perhaps?
Here's the Queen of Anecdotes piping in again LOL: my surgeon put my port in an unusual spot in my chest, closer to my armpit and shoulder area. She told me she had to do that because I was so thin she was afraid she was going to puncture my lung. Yes I was thin when my cancer was DX but not as thin as Tiffany. I'm wondering if that was the reason the port could not be put into her chest. IMHO I'd much rather have it in my chest than my arm.

On another note, just watched Krocks in the Kitchen's latest video and I'm so happy Jessica's chemo is working! It's so crazy seeing the difference between Jessica's behavior and Tiffany's. The way Jessica was able to articulate her behavior to the doctor and relay it to her audience so eloquently all while being realistic about her journey was just so refreshing. Finally an intelligent adult who is researching her cancer, advocating for herself and taking control of her life! A huge change from Tiffany's incessant empty chattering and how she changes the subject when hit with even the tiniest bit of realism about her situation. Still can't believe she's an optometrist or that she's 30 years old.

Also it's crazy how the Krocks were able to see Jessica's scan results immediately after they were taken (they were electronically updated just hours after they finished) but Tiffany takes several days- sometimes even longer- to tell us what the hell is going on. I have a feeling that Tiffany gets her results almost immediately as well but she doesn't want to read them because she doesn't understand the data and is afraid of asking her doctor because she doesn't want to hear bad news. Most people would just Google the results until the follow up appointment but Tiffany is scared of the truth. Facts and statistics pop her fantasy bubble where she's sitting in a padded room watching Christmas movies and eating Matt's sandwiches in a cozy robe and slippers with Amma petting her hair.

Reactions: 14
Also it's crazy how the Krocks were able to see Jessica's scan results immediately after they were taken (they were electronically updated just hours after they finished) but Tiffany takes several days- sometimes even longer- to tell us what the hell is going on.
I know, it's crazy. When I get tests for anything, the results are uploaded to the online portals before I even have the follow up appts. I have wondered if the UK just didn't do that.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.