TiffanyThinks #4 TiffanyDrinks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe Matt's brother got married, or parents had a big wedding anniversary, some other big family event. She had said she wanted/planned to go. Maybe that's what the shoes were for. If I was as sick as T I would genuinely want my SO to go and not miss important occasions. Life is uncertain.

Plus when she has the surgery this hospital visit will just be the tip of the iceberg. It's just an exam. And he's not a husband of 10/20/30 years.

But I agree with all the comments about family and those very ill in hospital. We don't go away for the weekend.
She is very ill though, plus she struggles very badly being alone. I don't know how he could make the most of and enjoy potential family occasions, if he knew how much his partner was scared, in pain and suffering without him. It's not just an exam, it's quite an invasive biopsy by the sound of it and she was very poorly last time, plus it's to help assist in finding out if she has become terminal. 2 years or 20, I think if you truly loved someone, you would want to be by their side during such an awful time.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She is very ill though, plus she struggles very badly being alone. I don't know how he could make the most of and enjoy potential family occasions, if he knew how much his partner was scared, in pain and suffering without him. It's not just an exam, it's quite an invasive biopsy by the sound of it and she was very poorly last time, plus it's to help assist in finding out if she has become terminal. 2 years or 20, I think if you truly loved someone, you would want to be by their side during such an awful time.
I would want my husband there if it was me, but their situation is different and if Amma wasn't able to be there I am sure Matt would have been.

Reactions: 7
Maybe Matt's brother got married, or parents had a big wedding anniversary, some other big family event.
That's plausible as the weekend in question was probably Oct 22 = 22/10/22. There were tons of weddings on that day for obvious reasons. But it's in the same vein as the video where she talked for ages about going into Central London for a meal out without saying it was actually her brother in law's birthday. She tends to skip the most important kernel of information that people want to know and then reveal bits and pieces of the truth "back to front" if that makes sense.

Reactions: 8
it's in the same vein as the video where she talked for ages about going into Central London for a meal out without saying it was actually her brother in law's birthday
yes, I think this is a balance beam she treads in filming "her" life without publishing the details of lives of family who have asked her not to. If she crossed the line in her post there would be a ban on her filming when with them, I speculate...

Reactions: 4
Is the lack of clarity and empty promises not a manipulative act to get people to watch the next video in the hope that they will get clarity thus making her more money and making her channel grow.?.I went back and forth for a while with thinking she was genuine and just afraid to say stuff out loud because it meant it was real to then thinking she was extremely manipulative and her last few videos have made me come to the conclusion that the latter is the truth
It kind of reminds me a bit of when someone is being sponsored by a company and they launch into the promotion for the product in their video. they start by talking about their life or something mundane and then they launch into an ad, and you're like ohh..that's why you were talking about feeding your dog...you're trying to get us to buy this dog food brand lol. it does feel very manipulative on her part, and it's always wrapped under this cloak of innocence. At this point, it's clearly intentional. I had my doubts at first too, but it's undeniable she knows what she's doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I have unsubbed long ago. The fact that she says "I'm replying back to all your comments" is the first lie.

It's clear she drags out her vlogs because she KNOWS people will keep coming back to get updates.

I think her Surgeon may have gotten Covid?

Any kind of comment positive or negative is driving up traffic, views and dollars for her.

Her subs have increased by 10k in just over a day.

I hope she will have a good outcome and just a minor surgery to remove the tumour. I noticed that she controls what she eats perhaps fearing she would hurt/tear/bleed when she goes to do number 2. She hasn't discussed this which would be really helpful for other patients and carers if she did.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Tiff did a video discussing finding out about the cancer and Matt asking how she was.... She admits she was cold and mean (her words) towards him saying she was 'fine', 'it is what it is' and suggesting he 'doesn't need to be with her'
She said doctors don't have much hope, it'd be a long and hectic journey and if she died, she didn't want him to have gone through this and not 'had a normal life'
Tiff's also mentioned a few times she's not telling Matt things to prevent him worrying.
She seems considerate and concerned about the impact her diagnosis has on his life - maybe knowing that, Matt tries to find balance maintaining his career/hobbies/fam and his relationship with Tiff. It can't be easy and the goalposts must be ever moving, depending on her state of mind.
Like others here, I think despite what Tiff says or has said in the past, she would probably like Amma and Matt with her more than she lets on and that might show over the next few weeks with potentially more serious appointments!

Reactions: 9
Is the lack of clarity and empty promises not a manipulative act to get people to watch the next video in the hope that they will get clarity thus making her more money and making her channel grow.?.I went back and forth for a while with thinking she was genuine and just afraid to say stuff out loud because it meant it was real to then thinking she was extremely manipulative and her last few videos have made me come to the conclusion that the latter is the truth
I honestly don't know. Up until now I've given her the benefit of the doubt but I'm getting really turned off by the empty promises. It's just so strange that she never gives ANY information about her cancer and that no one is addressing it in her comments. I don't know what her motives are but I don't like it and even if she is not doing it intentionally my trust as a viewer is fading.

She's the one who keeps re-enforcing her relationship with her viewers by calling us "her loving Tiffany Thinks family" and saying "I love you all so much" etc. She has cultivated this relationship more than any other Youtuber I've seen and I feel like she owes her viewers (who are very loyal and supportive) more than vague-blogging and stringing us along.

Yes some doctors do shield weak patients some others never do that. But even those who shield weak patients have to tell the truth to some family members or caregivers .
I don’t think they really hide her anything major but they’ve probably noticed she is a bit in denial / not really proactive and doesn’t understand everything / is not interested in understanding her situation .
[/QUOTE]

I had a friend who never wanted to know that much about her cancer. She was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor at age 21 and told the doctors not to give her the prognosis. One time she accidentally saw some paperwork and it freaked her out because it wasn't good. I think a doctor also once let it slip that her situation was really rare and her case was being discussed at conferences or something and that also freaked her out. She had chemo and radiation on and off for years but I never really knew what was going on. She looked healthy for many years and was able to live a fairly normal life.

At some point in her forties she started to decline and have debilitating fatigue but she was in denial as was everyone in her inner circle (boyfriend and family). One time her boyfriend went on a trip and left her alone and she called me panic stricken because she wasn't really able to care for herself at that point and should never have been left alone. I tried to get her help by contacting her father and reaching out to social services. One social service worker I connected with told me that there had been multiple past attempts to get her services but that my friend would downplay her illness at interviews and not qualify for the help she needed because she was minimizing the truth.

My friend lived until the age of 49. The last several years of her life were brutal as she was in denial that she was declining and didn't make her wishes known for end-of-life care while she was still able to do so. There was a lot of infighting and drama as some of her friends were plotting and scheming against her mother who had become her guardian and caretaker. It was really sad, to say the least. Those last 5 years were tragic as it was obvious (to me) that she was in serious decline and needed help and no one close to her was admitting it or getting her the help she needed.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
100% agree, @RamonaRemembers.

The vlogging format is so interesting from that viewpoint. On the one hand, it is a video diary you share for fame and money. Your story, your way. [[When you write in your diary you are accountable only to you.]]

On the other hand, driving engagement and selling "help me" merch and GFM's means forming relationships (of a sort) with viewers.

Viewers who enter this sort of relationship admittedly one-sidedly, but then the vlogger builds their relationships, since they are selling engagement....

Social media is... social. Then we suddenly have societal rules to deal with like... don't manipulate, don't use others, don't cash in on sympathy.

I am interested in her cancer journey. But wow! I want nothing to do with her icky vlog product. It's like buying apples. Full of worm holes.

She doesn't owe anything. She could delete her youtube account tomorrow and walk away.

But she has made people feel part of her journey and isn't treating them in a way they expect from her self-produced image she should. That backfires.

Reactions: 8
100% agree, @RamonaRemembers.

The vlogging format is so interesting from that viewpoint. On the one hand, it is a video diary you share for fame and money. Your story, your way. [[When you write in your diary you are accountable only to you.]]

On the other hand, driving engagement and selling "help me" merch and GFM's means forming relationships (of a sort) with viewers.

Viewers who enter this sort of relationship admittedly one-sidedly, but then the vlogger builds their relationships, since they are selling engagement....

Social media is... social. Then we suddenly have societal rules to deal with like... don't manipulate, don't use others, don't cash in on sympathy.

I am interested in her cancer journey. But wow! I want nothing to do with her icky vlog product. It's like buying apples. Full of worm holes.

She doesn't owe anything. She could delete her youtube account tomorrow and walk away.

But she has made people feel part of her journey and isn't treating them in a way they expect from her self-produced image she should. That backfires.
Yes, there's definitely a relationship that is created between vlogger and viewer, especially in cases like this where the content is about a serious illness. Finances aside, Tiffany gets A LOT from her viewers in the form of adoration, love, support and a constant steady stream of dopamine hits in the forms of comments. Right or wrong, people are personally invested in her journey now and I do think if she is going to accept all the emotional support that she should be forthcoming with her viewers and not string us along. I can accept that there is a certain amount of denial going on for her and that is part of why she doesn't provide information. However, I don't understand why she can't simply say what procedure she is having and what the results are once she has them.

Reactions: 7
I honestly don't know. Up until now I've given her the benefit of the doubt but I'm getting really turned off by the empty promises. It's just so strange that she never gives ANY information about her cancer and that no one is addressing it in her comments. I don't know what her motives are but I don't like it and even if she is not doing it intentionally my trust as a viewer is fading.

She's the one who keeps re-enforcing her relationship with her viewers by calling us "her loving Tiffany Thinks family" and saying "I love you all so much" etc. She has cultivated this relationship more than any other Youtuber I've seen and I feel like she owes her viewers (who are very loyal and supportive) more than vague-blogging and stringing us along.

Yes some doctors do shield weak patients some others never do that. But even those who shield weak patients have to tell the truth to some family members or caregivers .
I don’t think they really hide her anything major but they’ve probably noticed she is a bit in denial / not really proactive and doesn’t understand everything / is not interested in understanding her situation .
I had a friend who never wanted to know that much about her cancer. She was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor at age 21 and told the doctors not to give her the prognosis. One time she accidentally saw some paperwork and it freaked her out because it wasn't good. I think a doctor also once let it slip that her situation was really rare and her case was being discussed at conferences or something and that also freaked her out. She had chemo and radiation on and off for years but I never really knew what was going on. She looked healthy for many years and was able to live a fairly normal life.

At some point in her forties she started to decline and have debilitating fatigue but she was in denial as was everyone in her inner circle (boyfriend and family). One time her boyfriend went on a trip and left her alone and she called me panic stricken because she wasn't really able to care for herself at that point and should never have been left alone. I tried to get her help by contacting her father and reaching out to social services. One social service worker I connected with told me that there had been multiple past attempts to get her services but that my friend would downplay her illness at interviews and not qualify for the help she needed because she was minimizing the truth.

My friend lived until the age of 49. The last several years of her life were brutal as she was in denial that she was declining and didn't make her wishes known for end-of-life care while she was still able to do so. There was a lot of infighting and drama as some of her friends were plotting and scheming against her mother who had become her guardian and caretaker. It was really sad, to say the least. Those last 5 years were tragic as it was obvious (to me) that she was in serious decline and needed help and no one close to her was admitting it or getting her the help she needed.
[/QUOTE]
Wow what a story of denial … Quite sad but she lived quite a long time for having an inoperable brain tumor though …
Back 20 or 30 years ago doctors didn’t tell much to their patients to the point that sometimes they were completely hiding the diagnostic. I had a patient ( for Parkinson’s ) who had « gastric problems » and a surgery in her 50’s. One day when she was 75 yo, her gastro enterologist retired so she had an appointment with her new gastro enterologist . That day she learnt that 20 years ago she had stomach cancer !!!! She was never told that by her last gastro. She never knew, it was not even denial ( well maybe a bit but no internet for her in those days )… She was a bit worried at first but reassured by the doctor and then realized how lucky she was !

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Wow, that's wild. I wonder which is better QOL, being a 'warrior' or never knowing.

Clearly in the one case, it worked until it decidedly DID NOT work anymore.

Each journey is unique. I guess people face it as they want. Some endings do seem better than others, though.

I also wonder about the oncologists, if it is part of palliative cancer care to give a sunny report for a respite of hope and recovery of strength -- during what they know is overall a long slog. And when a good # comes along they play it up although it doesn't mean roses and sunshine. Because the pt needs it mentally, emotionally, for the resiliancy to fight again. I do wonder abt these things.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Maybe Matt's brother got married, or parents had a big wedding anniversary, some other big family event. She had said she wanted/planned to go. Maybe that's what the shoes were for. If I was as sick as T I would genuinely want my SO to go and not miss important occasions. Life is uncertain.

Plus when she has the surgery this hospital visit will just be the tip of the iceberg. It's just an exam. And he's not a husband of 10/20/30 years.

But I agree with all the comments about family and those very ill in hospital. We don't go away for the weekend.
I agree with her wanting him to go,I'd want my other half to go if it was a big family thing too but I know there would be no chance of him actually going,he would be by my side and I wouldn't have much say in it but every relationship is different,what works for my relationship may not work for theirs

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Think I’ve done it right. And I think the hoodwinks had the most votes.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.