Tiffany Thinks #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is very true, because colorectal cancer is not common in the under 35’s compared to other age groups and often there are genetic factors affecting young people getting colorectal cancer
The incidence of colorectal cancers in younger people are on the rise according to several medical journals. That must be a good enough reason for GP’s to look very carefully when a young adult patient presents himself with complaints about blood loss during stool and weight loss.

Reactions: 11
What I didn't like in yesterday's vlog was when they were in the car and he was constantly cutting in and speaking over the other two - very brusque, not entirely listening.
I notice he did that with the surgeon on the 'NO SURGERY?' video. The surgeon was talking and Matt interrupted and talked over him asking something about chemo. It was in the small little portion she played of that meeting and put in the video.

Reactions: 5
Her sister could carry her child since she froze her eggs but that’s the least of her worries right now. She has to concentrate on living and all this waiting is excruciating
look at you going all handmaids tale with her sisters womb😀..that’s very big of you..

Reactions: 6
I noticed she eats very little and very small bites. I thought maybe she had some eating disorder but some have hinted she may have gastrointestinal disease. Perhaps she gets sick often if she eats the wrong food.
It does seem like a gastro disease. What's puzzling is why she insists on solely eating junk food if she has a disease like that (and now having colon cancer). That part of it kind of does point to her also having an eating disorder. I have a friend who has severe anxiety about eating healthy and is extremely picky, only eats her "comfort" foods. I believe there's a name for it.

That is very true, because colorectal cancer is not common in the under 35’s compared to other age groups and often there are genetic factors affecting young people getting colorectal cancer
Very true on the genetic factors. I actually had expected Tiffany's genetic testing to come back that she did carry a mutation, but glad for her family that she did not. Not sure how many of you caught the results of the genetic testing so it's worth mentioning. This is going back a month or two now.

Reactions: 5
Very true on the genetic factors. I actually had expected Tiffany's genetic testing to come back that she did carry a mutation, but glad for her family that she did not. Not sure how many of you caught the results of the genetic testing so it's worth mentioning. This is going back a month or two now.
Yes! I was a little perplexed by her reaction about the genetic testing because since it's not genetic that means it's environmental or "chance", yet she still ignores anyone's advice on eating healthy, seeking therapy, etc.

Reactions: 7
Yes! I was a little perplexed by her reaction about the genetic testing because since it's not genetic that means it's environmental or "chance", yet she still ignores anyone's advice on eating healthy, seeking therapy, etc.
Hard to say what caused it really, I think she was just dealt a bad hand really, but no doubt her diet is absolutely abysmal.

Reactions: 8
Right, she trusts him too much.
Whatever her surgeon is doing with Tiffany it is the result of a consensus gathered at the MDT meeting which includes HER ONCOLOGIST.
not saying she can't or shouldn't talk with her oncologist separately.

Reactions: 4
I believe he was trying to get her to get the surgery he didn’t say only for her mental health I’m sure of that..he’s probably said if only for her mental health alone it’d be better than the w&w..and remember how she protested how sound her mental health was..she’s picked the w&w not the surgeon..she didn’t want the surgery and she still doesn’t as was seen when she asked Matt and her sis in the car, if these new biopsies produced no cancer would that mean no surgery..she’s still grasping at straws..
Yeah, How can she think like that after one hour talking and explaining that there is cancer. Also she has another positive markers that give her poor prognosis.

It does seem like a gastro disease. What's puzzling is why she insists on solely eating junk food if she has a disease like that (and now having colon cancer). That part of it kind of does point to her also having an eating disorder. I have a friend who has severe anxiety about eating healthy and is extremely picky, only eats her "comfort" foods. I believe there's a name for it.
I think for a long time she has some sort of body/eating disorder (dysmorphia or other). On one video in 2014 she is looking beautiful and on camera pinches her cheeks and says "I have fat cheeks"...it really made me wonder.

Hard to say what caused it really, I think she was just dealt a bad hand really, but no doubt her diet is absolutely abysmal.
yea we all ate like tit in our teens and twenties. I wish I could forget all the junk food and energy drinks up late studying in college. I don't think she is any different in that way. However now she needs to relearn new habbits if this surgery can be done and is successful.

Reactions: 11
I don't think she has an eating disorder. She's thin, but not THAT thin, plus having cancer does cause people to lose weight. She eats a lot of takeaway and restaurant food and at home seems to have no trouble eating scrambled eggs, egg sandwiches, hash browns, croissants etc. Fattening stuff, in other words.

A journalist I really admired years ago was diagnosed with advanced cancer and died, leaving two young kids and her husband. In an essay she wrote during treatment she said she had eaten healthy and exercised and didn’t understand why she got cancer. The reply to her from an xray technician was “lady you got hit by lightning.”
People really do NOT want to accept how random cancer can be - they desperately want to believe that if they eat a certain diet, take certain supplements, do exercises they won’t get it. It’s denial, just a different kind of denial than Tiffany has.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
He is putting a lot of pressure on her and makes it sound "easy"... get rid of it, so you don't have to think about it... the only thing he wanted to add was "and I can go on with my life"
he needs to watch his words around her as he said this is bad meaning the op..but then he said but it’s good that they can still do the op..Tiffany’s take home from that is that Matts not really happy with her needing the surgery..if it was a family member he’d be glad that they could be saved..but because of their relationship it’s different and massive to her how he deals with this..

Reactions: 10
I think for a long time she has some sort of body/eating disorder (dysmorphia or other). On one video in 2014 she is looking beautiful and on camera pinches her cheeks and says "I have fat cheeks"...it really made me wonder.
Instead of hearing the surgeon telling her to gain some healthy weight before surgery, her brain tells her to “get fat”. her words. Sounds like more evidence of food issues or disorders. A healthy weight to her is being fat.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Women usually do that.
I don't understand why her eating habit such a big issue here. Her eating habit and appetite look completely normal. Every one has different taste, someone tries to eat healthy, someone eats everything. Someone eats a lot, someone eats much less than others. There are people who are vegans and vegetarians who got cancer. There are people who eat everything including junk food and they are healthy their whole life. Eating really doesn't matter much unless you have chronic conditions that cannot absorb nutrients from food, or diabetes, high cholesterol, some particular chronic conditions.

A journalist I really admired years ago was diagnosed with advanced cancer and died, leaving two young kids and her husband. In an essay she wrote during treatment she said she had eaten healthy and exercised and didn’t understand why she got cancer. The reply to her from an xray technician was “lady you got hit by lightning.”
People really do NOT want to accept how random cancer can be - they desperately want to believe that if they eat a certain diet, take certain supplements, do exercises they won’t get it. It’s denial, just a different kind of denial than Tiffany has.
So true. Cancer is cruel and you never know who or when it might strike. One thing is for sure, no one is immune.

• Sad
  • Wow
So true. Cancer is cruel and you never know who or when it might strike. One thing is for sure, no one is immune.
I should have added that healthy diet and exercise and wearing sunscreen will reduce the odds of getting some cancers, but a reduction in risk is just a reduction in risk.

I don't think she has an eating disorder. She's thin, but not THAT thin, plus having cancer does cause people to lose weight. She eats a lot of takeaway and restaurant food and at home seems to have no trouble eating scrambled eggs, egg sandwiches, hash browns, croissants etc. Fattening stuff, in other words.
Exactly, she eats everything which is normal. She is thin that at her age normal too. Yes, cancer cell need fuel to grow.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.