Tiffany Thinks #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As I watch today's video and Tiffany mentioning being angry....I am too. Angry that the surgery did not happen back in August. I was not in that meeting where she was given the options..in fact I think it was just she and Matt. I don't know what the pros and cons were but she ended up not having it and I see no positive outcome from the Wait and Watch. One thing is for sure her magical thinking that maybe the cancer is gone was hers alone. That Dr. knows that this cancer was there and had not disappeared.

Reactions: 19
In extreme FGM cases the women are sewn right up and have had everything shaved off. They live normal lives without sexual pleasure.
Your definition of 'normal' must be different from mine. FGM is horrific and shouldn't be minimized. As for surgical reconstruction of the vagina, the thing I' be most concerned about would be the preservation of sensation- not the aesthetics/having something there for a man to penetrate. What do they do with the internal clitoris? It's actually larger than most people think, and wraps around the vaginal canal- can they keep it intact?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Those of you that have followed other people that have had this type of surgery...who is the most comparable to Tiff's? I thought I would look around and see what their recovery was like. Thanks for any leads.

Reactions: 7
As I watch today's video and Tiffany mentioning being angry....I am too. Angry that the surgery did not happen back in August. I was not in that meeting where she was given the options..in fact I think it was just she and Matt. I don't know what the pros and cons were but she ended up not having it and I see no positive outcome from the Wait and Watch. One thing is for sure her magical thinking that maybe the cancer is gone was hers alone. That Dr. knows that this cancer was there and had not disappeared.
Yeah, if the surgery had happened in September she would have had much more chance to be cured than now. Now is going to wait another month

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Its clear from this video that she's known for some time the extent of the surgery. For the first time, she even names the body parts. Its also clear to me that she's aware of what's being said here because of things she says, e.g. her talk of always being slim (in response to our chats about a possible eating disorder).
I've noticed she did not list all of the organs to be removed as part of a pelvic exenteration. But she mentioned the main ones.

Reactions: 7
It made me sad when she said that she has been in bed since Friday. I understand her being devastated- very normal and anyone would feel the same. But laying around in bed is not helpful...plus when she hasn't been in treatment the last few months she also appears to have not been doing much at home. A lot of people undergoing cancer treatments are working and/or have children to look after. As difficult as that may be better for some because they are more active and occupied. She even alluded to something like this when she said that she has to stay occupied so she doesn't dwell too much on her situation.
I think Tiffany would have been better off if she was able to work part time. Maybe that wasn't possible in her situation but I think she'd be better off mentally if she something to do when she wasn't being treated.

Reactions: 5
Self catheterization isn't always too bad.
I have used catheters since I was 24. In 7 years I have only had 1 UTI which was treated quickly.

I think it would be better for her to find an older man who wouldn’t mind as much and has a lower sex drive than a 32 year old man. Actually it would be better for her to have an older man- period. When she got news of the failed biopsy the first thing she did was ring her uncle (an older educated professional) to help her out and explain what she should do. An older man in her corner would be good for her situation.
This is just ridiculous. The last thing on Tiffanys mind will be finding another man. You are assuming all men Matts age have a high sex drive. The best thing for Tiffany to do right now is to focus on stopping her cancer from spreading further.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
When you say vagina, do you mean the internal part? The labia minora and majora remain intact right? If there is muscle used by the plastic surgeon to create the vaginal wall, does this mean penetration is still possible? Sorry to sound very blunt
Self catheterization isn't always too bad.
I have used catheters since I was 24. In 7 years I have only had 1 UTI which was treated quickly.

This is just ridiculous. The last thing on Tiffanys mind will be finding another man. You are assuming all men Matts age have a high sex drive. The best thing for Tiffany to do right now is to focus on stopping her cancer from spreading further.
Plus even if her reconstructed vagina can’t be used for intercourse, so what? People with physical disabilities still have sex - the end of intercourse isn’t the end of sex.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just to clarify, that middle photo isn’t Nat. Second time it’s been shared and it’s not accurate. Also, Nat visibly has significant mental health struggles so I think it’s unrealistic to suggest once recovered life quality is particularly good. It’s survival sure, but it absolutely is an unbelievably barbaric surgery and life is very dramatically changed. Just because mortality isn’t low doesn’t mean many people could handle it and so far Tiffany shows no evidence of being able to. You are quite literally hollowed out, sewn back up like a rag doll and have bags with waste attached to you for life. It’s not for the faint hearted.
Do you work in the UK?

Don’t bully the Doctor
Doctor! Doctor Who?
No he doesn’t and he’s no Doctor
Doctor!! More like Doctor Who?

Reactions: 1
You can because you are trying to dig out of your hole. Hysterectomy is a hysterectomy not a PE. Impressive doctor you are. If we take an apple out of a fruit bowl it's not the same as emptying the whole bowl Jesus wept.
Exactly, I've had a total with oophrectomy, which was removal of uterus, ovaries, cervix and fallopian
I had to have my cervix, uterus and ovaries removed. My team never mentioned even partial PE to me.
Same here and oophrectomy
I had to have my cervix, uterus and ovaries removed. My team never mentioned even partial PE to me.
Me too, a total abdominal hysterectomy with bilatera
In Germany we have these very popular cheap / dime novels where doctors have love affairs with nurses, patients, midwives...does something like that exist in the UK ? It came to my mind when I heard about the doctor touching her hair and her question why he liked her so much. It´s just like out of one of these...View attachment 1714474
Mills and Boon haha

Reactions: 1
Wow you can see in that BBC video how much weight that man lost after the surgery! That's the main problem here.... Tiffany has none to loose!!! Honestly I'm surprised they've not started her on TPN (IV nutrition) at home just so she has the best chance to build herself up before the surgery. Or even NG feeds would be worth a try. I thought the poor girl looked like she'd lost even more weight in tonight's video🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.