Tiffany Thinks #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My friend also has one - its never easy often a flare up or infection☹
Tiffanys life isnt going to be easy, its how she decides to cope with it!
That is correct. Before my mother’s surgery her doctor painted the colostomy to be something easy , that she will feel comfortable and will not even notice she wears it, that her life wont change and that it is easy to care and change. Defintely not the truth , there are complications, but often doctors make it sound easy because a patient’s life depends on having the surgery and getting a colostomy. Out of good intentions.

Reactions: 5
Meanwhile over on the funny farm (and it's not a GNOME, it's a sodding gonk!):

While you are busy fattening up a bit, you should consider fattening up your gnome. He has to gain weight also. If you can hand sew a bit, or know anyone who sews, have then open up his "bottom" (the seam on bottom of his back) just large enough for you to fit rocks inside him and fill him to make him heavier. The more rocks, the heavier he will be. You may have to remove some stuffing to make more space for the rocks. Just be sure to cover the rocks with the stuffing. Test it for balance before closing up the seam (best to use a whip stitch.) I make those gnomes, and I put river rocks that I buy in the craft store inside them. Darn, I was hoping you wouldn't need a surgery. Well, we must be thankful for God's little mercies. At least you can still do a surgery. It will be okay. You will get through this. We are all out here praying for you, Tiff. May God bless you all at this difficult time. Sending regards to your mom, Matt and the rest of the family. Regards from Ruth in Florida.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
She never ate well. Food issues all along and who knows if she was bulimic and what her GI issues were if any. I think she eats little bc of issues or concerns about her elimination of waste. Her passage must be narrowed and elimination compromised or painful. Cant believe she wasnt still eating the high protein shakes for tissue healing and nutrition. I think she tells darling she is 45 kg and he is surprised it not more like 50kg as before. Dies he not notice this? She is about 99lbs now if true. How can she be cleared for major surgery at that weight? her heart may not be able tp recover with further weight loss etc. they all seemed to think that the tumour could be cured without surgery. Seriously just in denial or severe magical thinking.
If a patient has a too low bmi at the time of the operation, it will lead to e.g. delayed wound healing and impaired immune function according to a publication. And that’s logical because there are no reserves anymore in the body.

Reactions: 9
Boy scrolling back years and years in these videos nothing has really changed. Eating issues and nonstop videos of eating junk food...obsession with makeup and one video on lip injections...another with sister getting "bum" injections of D3 as Dr. told her she is very deficient. She loved that doctor too...mentioned he was "lovely" and "he touched my hair" and said he took photos of her. I think she implied he was attracted to her. The ten years leading up to this when Tiff was in her 20',s. One after another video all the same.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
that is really interesting. Thanks for the sleuthing to find this. Hospital for 9 days...that implies a pretty major surgery. She said it is "stomach" and that now she needs to gain weight and get "fit"!!! This is 9 years ago. I think there is a much more significant health history in her story that we really don't know about. Interesting to see her interaction with Tiroy...it seems more natural and loved him mimicking her about the lip gloss.
I wonder why she never talks about the medical problems she had in her past, I asked her about it several times.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The comments on her YT page are beyond crazy. A serious member of her family should insist that these comments are shut down. Easy enough to turn them off...maybe less clicks...less money but come on enough is enough.

Reactions: 7
From what I can gather from her past vlogs, she went to the doctor numerous times for symptoms, I believe over a period of 8 months or so, but due to her younger age they never believed it was anything serious. She was treated for things like infections and so forth. I don't believe she put things off any more than the average person would have. Her initial symptoms could have been chalked up to so many things, and due to her age, colon cancer was the last thing on her mind, as well as the doctors, unfortunately.
8 months?? No way, she must have had symptoms for years. In older people colorectal cancer takes about 10-15 years to develop from a polyp. In her case due to her age it must have been shorter, but no months. Hence the size of the tumour.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I wonder why she never talks about the medical problems she had in her past, I asked her about it several times.
Nope she does not want to talk about it but as I watched that video post 9 day hospital stay I really wonder what that was about. I am sure no one is kept in a NHS hospital for that long unless the condition warranted it. She was supposed to home resting but got Tiroy to take her out for some junk food. Amma just sort of sits back and seems to have little input as to what Tiff does.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think they all try, Amma cooks, historically her sister was always cooking for her, Matt tries. Tiffany eats like a bird at the best of times.
May be she doesn’t eat much because of her bowel issues and problems digesting passing food etc. My dad had a bowel tumor and had terrible problems.

The comments on her YT page are beyond crazy. A serious member of her family should insist that these comments are shut down. Easy enough to turn them off...maybe less clicks...less money but come on enough is enough.
I doubt they read them and clearly it generates income

Reactions: 3
8 months?? No way, she must have had symptoms for years. In older people colorectal cancer takes about 10-15 years to develop from a polyp. In her case due to her age it must have been shorter, but no months. Hence the size of the tumour.
I agree this had been progressing for years and she has a history of Dr. visits and one hospital stay of 9 nights years ago. She was told to change eating habits but never did. I get what the poster meant about things getting blown off if you are a young seemingly healthy woman but as I look back on her videos I don't think all of this is a big surprise at all and probably some blame on the first docs when she was bleeding not doing more this time but again Tiff shares what sells on YT nothing more.

Reactions: 6
I hope that the multi-disciplinary approach to Tiffany's surgery will include some counselling. And I hope that she takes it.
She is already on a waiting list for psychological intervention.

I like your Gonk 🤭

Reactions: 4
Nope she does not want to talk about it but as I watched that video post 9 day hospital stay I really wonder what that was about. I am sure no one is kept in a NHS hospital for that long unless the condition warranted it. She was supposed to home resting but got Tiroy to take her out for some junk food. Amma just sort of sits back and seems to have little input as to what Tiff does.
She also acts very different around Matt. Teroy is no "darling" :ROFLMAO: Poor guy

• Haha
A large T4b tumor does not develop in a few months indeed. Also before her diagnosis, Tiffany look for years very thin, compared to her sister and the rest of the Tamil women in her family even though what we mostly saw in those videos was food and eating. I wondered why she was so thin with food been the main interest in the family videos.

She may have certainly, but I think around that time is when the symptoms became worse. Of course, I'm really not sure as to an exact timeline, just going by what she said, which wasn't entirely clear. It is common for people with colon cancer not to have symptoms in the early stages of disease.

Reactions: 4
Sigh…. Here from Tiff’s YT. So, even my nice comments posted on her page are not visible. My first one was, now she just holds them. Not sure what it is about me she finds offensive. I’m not going to call her darling, etc she’s around the same age maybe a little older. That’s all neither here nor there—I’m not freakin well, many members of my family have died of cancer, some survived- so the uncertainty of her posts are distressing for me. Also not here to bash her- I’m quite simply perplexed af.
Welcome to the support group for the puzzled, sad and disappointed. If you have time threads 5 and 6 here may be helpful. If you, like a number of us, do not want to watch TT videos anymore but want to keep up with her cancer treatment there are people here who summarize the videos when they get posted.

Reactions: 10
She also acts very different around Matt. Teroy is no "darling" :ROFLMAO: Poor guy
I bet Mr. Tiroy is watching some of these videos...it seemed that he was more into the social media than Matt.

A large T4b tumor does not develop in a few months indeed. Also before her diagnosis, Tiffany look for years very thin, compared to her sister and the rest of the Tamil women in her family even though what we mostly saw in those videos was food and eating. I wondered why she was so thin with food been the main interest in the family videos.
Yes, of course, a T4b tumor doesn't develop in months, however, sometimes more severe symptoms don't develop until later stages of the disease and less severe symptoms are often dismissed as something else. Hence, the reason why some people aren't diagnosed with colon cancer until it is advanced. Especially younger people where it's often dismissed as something else.

Reactions: 9
Yes, of course, a T4b tumor doesn't develop in months, however, sometimes more severe symptoms don't develop until later stages of the disease and less severe symptoms are often dismissed as something else. Hence, the reason why some people aren't diagnosed with colon cancer until it is advanced. Especially younger people where it's often dismissed as something else.
That is very true, because colorectal cancer is not common in the under 35’s compared to other age groups and often there are genetic factors affecting young people getting colorectal cancer

Problem is that she never seems to eat enough of anything!
I noticed she eats very little and very small bites. I thought maybe she had some eating disorder but some have hinted she may have gastrointestinal disease. Perhaps she gets sick often if she eats the wrong food.

Reactions: 5
And did he the surgeon, say she should have the surgery only for her mental health? What the hell was that all about?
I believe he was trying to get her to get the surgery he didn’t say only for her mental health I’m sure of that..he’s probably said if only for her mental health alone it’d be better than the w&w..and remember how she protested how sound her mental health was..she’s picked the w&w not the surgeon..she didn’t want the surgery and she still doesn’t as was seen when she asked Matt and her sis in the car, if these new biopsies produced no cancer would that mean no surgery..she’s still grasping at straws..

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.