Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ferngullible

I have to say that her obsession with the fact she is apparently so much younger than other cancer patients is really quite offensive.
She has mentioned this in many videos, the fact that when she's in the waiting room at the hospital everyone around her is old.
I was 49 when diagnosed with breast cancer, I turn 50 in a week and I don't feel like the "old" person she refers too.
It's almost as if she is saying that it's more unfair that she has cancer than someone my age. I completely disagree, getting cancer at any age is entirely unfair.
It has broken my heart to see young children at the Marsden dealing with the same scans and procedures that I have, but equally seeing a frail pensioner doing the same is just as heartbreaking.
She needs to realise that if she she is putting "Cancer" in her video titles then fellow cancer sufferers will be watching, therefore a little compassion and tact is needed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51

jackolantern

VIP Member
Honestly her videos make me even more confused. Darling Matt talks absolute shit, I'm convinced he's not all there. She's says it's grown, then she says it's come back, then she says the surgeon wants her to live her life without surgery, then she says 12 hour surgery, then she says multiple days, then she suggests the surgery will only go ahead *if* it's cancer, then they say it's in the colon and wasn't before. Like honestly, 3 of you in there for over an hour and you still haven't got a clue what the fuck you are talking about? At this point I really don't think she's manipulating, I think the lot of them are just thick as pig shit and don't have a brain cell between them. It's terrifying.

They are seriously under the impression they'll just chop it out then it's gone and no more scans or tests. How do they still not understand this is not how cancer works? A surgery this extensive and you think it's once and done? Fucking hell. How can anyone be this in denial?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

jackolantern

VIP Member
Does anyone else here struggle to feel proper sympathy for Tiffany because of what seems to be her wilful ignorance (not to mention Matt's)?
No. Whatever you think of her, this situation is absolutely unimaginable and noone should ever have to go through it. It's horrific beyond belief and as much as we can all try and imagine, none of us can truly know the depths of terror and despair she will be in. I am absolutely heartbroken for her and her behaviour doesn't take that away at all. I don't know how anyone wouldn't to be to be honest. Really sobering tonight seeing it actually all sink in for her. Truly harrowing.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45

Cosmo Kramer

Does anyone else here struggle to feel proper sympathy for Tiffany because of what seems to be her wilful ignorance (not to mention Matt's)? I do feel sorry for her that her fate is vastly worse than she prayed for, but my god she has shown so little intelligence throughout the process. It's really frustrating to watch. I hope the cancer didn't spread even further in the meantime, still. I was wondering how only eight weeks back her scans were clear again and now there is...spread? A new tumour? The vagueness is confusing as a viewer, but Tiffany isn't the smartest, so there's a chance the doctors don't tell her the medical facts in case she cannot compute them. I know for real that being dumb can make for worse outcomes. I hope the next wait until the pelvic exenteration doesn't lead to the cancer going system-wide. It's very likely if in only eight weeks she went from clear scans/NED to spread.
I have felt incredibly frustrated at her denial and ‘away with the fairies’ approach, but am I struggling to feel sympathy? No.

She’s clearly not the brightest spark and perhaps has led a very sheltered life, surrounded by people who enable her immaturity.

But, blimey, if you can’t have sympathy for someone in her position…

• Heart
Reactions: 39

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
'At the end of the year' sounds a bit suspect - I mean, wouldn't they want to get that thing out of her like yesterday?
Who knows at this point. I’m hugely suspicious of the entire thing. She absolutely loves the attention. In the car the 3 of them just waffling on making zero sense and she’s there grinning like a fucking Cheshire Cat on uppers going “it’s just coz I’m sooooo complicated isn’t it?! Im
Just such a unique complicated case”

Bunch of weirdos.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38

virgocat

Her wording is very odd along with Matt's 'the tumour has come back' NO IT NEVER LEFT FFS. it's honestly tiring to watch at this point.

and all the talking in the car speculating about what the surgeon actually meant, wasn't that the whole reason her sister came to the appointment??? They could have recorded it, wrote things down. Why are they sat in the car like twats speculating when they have literally just walked out of an appt with her surgeon. They're all a bunch of morons.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
As an Oncology nurse I frequently have to do new patient teaching on chemotherapy and surgery. I can tell you that Tiffany and her family’s reactions after meeting with the surgeon are quite common. The amount of information patients receive is overwhelming and most shut down after about ten minutes with a blank look on their faces. Additionally, the diagnosis of cancer/surgery sends most patients into the Kubler Ross stages of grief, the most common of which is denial. I have had patients cry, laugh, get angry or just go completely blank during the teaching. Patients and caregivers have to be given time and continuing education in order to process their diagnosis and treatment course. For those outside of the cancer arena their behaviour may appear bizarre. But for those of us who deal with this everyday their response is completely normal.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

jackolantern

VIP Member
Honestly I know she's a colossal tit but I do feel horrifically bad for her. She's in an unimaginable position, complete denial and doesn't have one single useful support network. It's harrowing to watch this play out.

• Heart

pinkypurr

Chatty Member
i wish i hadnt watched this video and will be stopping watching her. It's very frightening and distressing
I was also really upset by her comment about being young. It's terrible at any age. She is young yes, but she still has a mum and she has a partner and a huge family. I know middle aged people without a partner and no children who have come home after surgery to an empty house and no one really to look after them. Also you see little old ladies having chemo and getting the bus home because they have no one.
I feel really sorry for her but the videos make me really anxious and i can't watch anymore

• Sad
  • Heart

Laura8868

I have to say that her obsession with the fact she is apparently so much younger than other cancer patients is really quite offensive.
She has mentioned this in many videos, the fact that when she's in the waiting room at the hospital everyone around her is old.
I was 49 when diagnosed with breast cancer, I turn 50 in a week and I don't feel like the "old" person she refers too.
It's almost as if she is saying that it's more unfair that she has cancer than someone my age. I completely disagree, getting cancer at any age is entirely unfair.
It has broken my heart to see young children at the Marsden dealing with the same scans and procedures that I have, but equally seeing a frail pensioner doing the same is just as heartbreaking.
She needs to realise that if she she is putting "Cancer" in her video titles then fellow cancer sufferers will be watching, therefore a little compassion and tact is needed.
She isn't the youngest diagnosed, not sure why sh3 thinks she is such a special case?
I work in children oncology ward- we have patients from literally few weeks up.to 24 (nhs pay for young adults to be treated on paediatric ward). It's more young people than she ever think diagnosed every day unfortunately.
She is so extremely childish , so is her family? I can't believe that. I have teenager patients who are well aware of their diagnosis, treatment plan and prognosis. She is almost 30y old grown up woman and she behave like a 5y old.
Matt is so weird- he supports her delusional state. "Cancer is back", no Matt. Its not back- it just never disappeared.
Her sister is also all laughing and smiling like nothing has happened? So, so strange

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
That video had me in tears. It makes up for all the other videos that frustrated me
I have to admit it's really upset me too. I don't subscribe to the whole 'be grateful, people have it worse' thing, but this is one of the worst there is and to think this is actually someone's reality, is really fucking awful. I can't even begin to imagine how she must be feeling and it's seriously devastating. I'm glad she has Amma but my God she needs better than Matt. I hope combined they can get her through this but I'm just not convinced. Part of me thinks the cancer is going to be worse than they expect and they won't bother in the end or that her recovery is going to be really awful for her. I just have a horrid feeling about it all and have since the start :cry: I know she behaved badly but it's horrific to think her denial could cost her her life.

• Sad
  • Heart

Cosmo Kramer

Gosh, poor thing.

Her complete denial has not helped her in processing this. It’s like she’s newly diagnosed.

I very much hope she’s going to receive the counselling and support she needs as she prepares for this brutal surgery.

She looked terribly frail and haunted in today’s vlog. I feel desperately sorry for her. Imagine the stress of knowing you’ll be going under for an operation that will take 12 hours. That you will be eviscerated.The recovery is going to be incredibly tough. And that’s if everything goes well.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32

virgocat

Not if they are worried she is underweight
She said in her video the surgeon told her she needs to put weight on and start on the milkshakes again. Her sister was reading from notes on her phone that the surgeon advised she needs to try and walk a little, drink water, get a lot of vitamins. Tiffany then followed this up with she needs to eat cheeseburgers and cakes because she needs to be fat.... Literally, clueless.

• Haha

xxAprilxx

So taking her sister along to the appointment was completely pointless. This Dr of hers seems have a very strange affect on them all. The three of them seemed really high after that appointment and it's the happiest/chattiest I've seen Matt. It was all very peculiar.

• Haha
  • Wow

Ionia

This was sad to watch.. As I feared she will probably end up not only with a colostomy but without a bladder, so an urostomy.

• Sad
  • Heart

Turaj

VIP Member
This was sad to watch.. As I feared she will probably end up not only with a colostomy but without a bladder, so an urostomy.

Okay this one is really tough to watch. I think reality has set in big time. She knows exactly what will happen and that it may only buy more time. No matter how cynical you are this one is real. It is so sad that you almost feel guilty going about your daily routines or for complaining about anything. It is definitely happening prior to Christmas and I do think she might as well decorate as it makes her feel better. She is so gaunt and will get worse after surgery. This is going to be a rough journey to watch. She is there now...no more fantasy world...this one was from the heart and based in reality.

• Heart
  • Sad
That was gut wrenching and the most genuine she has ever been. It's funny because matt and amma told her not to record because she is not herself. But I think she was true to her emotions here and very much her true self. I understand why matt and amma would not want her to record tho. I truly wish her well.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
TPE surgery is horrific hey. And this is coming from a nurse who used to work in the operating theatres. I’m fine with the gory aspects of surgery (I even enjoy it - it’s fascinating).

But TPE is not an op I ever got the opportunity to scrub up for and damn, it’s next level. I’ve just been watching videos and looking at before/after/during surgery pics for over an hour. Holy crap it is FULL ON.

I’m 41 and single and I personally would turn down TPE surgery and would accept my death instead of going through that.

I know a lot of people won’t agree with me on that, for various reasons. And fair enough… each to his/her own.

Poor Tiff. Her immaturity, vagueness, denial, toxic positivity and lack of clarity may shit me to tears, but I wouldn’t wish that situation/surgery on my worst enemy. I hate that she (and anybody else) are ever placed in that situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 31