Tiffany Thinks #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep said similar above....a really advanced cancer like this will not permit you to gain weight. Being a pretty detailed person about my health I think my question to the Dr. when being told to gain weight knowing I have been told this before and cannot is....."will you do the surgery if I can't gain any weight?" I would need to know. I don't think she or any there asked that question. The more I think about this the more I think the surgeon knows surgery may well not happen but it giving her this hope in case she can put on weight.
Yep said similar above....a really advanced cancer like this will not permit you to gain weight. Being a pretty detailed person about my health I think my question to the Dr. when being told to gain weight knowing I have been told this before and cannot is....."will you do the surgery if I can't gain any weight?" I would need to know. I don't think she or any there asked that question. The more I think about this the more I think the surgeon knows surgery may well not happen but it giving her this hope in case she can put on weight.
I would need to know as well. I would have to know so if I couldn't put on weight, I could start to organize things like palliative care. I would think of things and places I want to go to before my time is up. I know it sounds grim....but I would HAVE to know. It's just the way I am too.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
“Tumor has grown” - Smiley thumbnail.

“No news” - Crying thumbnail.

Really bizarre.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
The failed biopsy was a clear sign the tumour had grown. I wonder if the biopsy-Doc relayed that info to Tiffany and that why she was crying for her Surgeon after seeing that particular Doctor.

Reactions: 9
Absolutely. At one of the hospitals where I work work we just started treating a 37 year old with Stage 4 colon cancer. Have had numerous CRC patients in their 30s and 40s recently.

Yet another mystery to ponder. But still and all ... does he realize how much of a caretaker he will become if the surgery takes place? He might even need to take a leave of absence at work.
Youngest colorectal cancer patient I've ever looked after was 23 ( in 2003) and by then she was already metastatic, despite repeated visits to Drs at her Uni from age 19 with symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, which were not investigated further until she finally obstructed
She had numerous rounds of palliative chemo as well as total hip replacement as the tumour had spread to her bones ...her father was subsequently diagnosed with colorectal cancer aged 55 but sadly died on the operating table
The poor girl sadly died aged 25 and her mother died of pancreatic cancer 10 years later

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I would need to know as well. I would have to know so if I couldn't put on weight, I could start to organize things like palliative care. I would think of things and places I want to go to before my time is up. I know it sounds grim....but I would HAVE to know. It's just the way I am too.
Seriously?? Do you think because you could not gain some weight doctors would leave you to die?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Surgeons won’t operate on someone who has a high risk of dying on their table
Surgeons won’t operate on someone who has a high risk of dying on their table
If the patient was 75 years old man with serious heart disease, diabetes, chronic lung disease, yes it can be risky. Even though if the patient wish surgery they would try. Nowadays people just don't die on operating table in case the surgery was planned.

Reactions: 1
She's not tick ticking anymore, I can't believe it!
Well, that's one great thing to come out of this thread. Well done everyone.
The fox has issues that's for sure... she desperately wants to be liked and loved... that's why she volunteered to be Tiffany's personal moderator, even when she got nothing back from Tiffany, no praise, no thank you.... And now after all the backlash from us (the evil ones) she wants to be loved by us, so she stops tick tick ticking... I think when you meet fluffy in real life she shits her pants and starts to cry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Seriously?? Do you think because you could not gain some weight doctors would leave you to die?
So I think they would recommend possibly more chemo etc. to at least hold it and stop the spread and pretty much tell her to enjoy her life knowing it will be cut very short. That is not leaving her to die. If they don't think she is strong enough for the surgery as she is now it would be malpractice to assemble this team only to lose her on the table.

If the patient was 75 years old man with serious heart disease, diabetes, chronic lung disease, yes it can be risky. Even though if the patient wish surgery they would try.
Maybe a patient’s BMI is not a deal breaker on being a candidate for surgery I’m not sure, but it depends on the surgeons I suppose

Reactions: 3
If the patient was 75 years old man with serious heart disease, diabetes, chronic lung disease, yes it can be risky. Even though if the patient wish surgery they would try. Nowadays people just don't die on operating table in case the surgery was planned.
Surgeons most definitely decline to do surgery on candidates that they deem not able to survive the surgery.
I think Matt moved in at her diagnosis. Sept 2021. He also changed his business address to her home address that same month.
Hum Surgery Feb. 13 2021 with 5 days in hospital...and then diagnosis Sept. 2021. I would have to say we are not getting a complete picture here...or someone really missed something in Feb.

Maybe a patient’s BMI is not a deal breaker on being a candidate for surgery I’m not sure, but it depends on the surgeons I suppose
Not a dealbreaker but the risk for complications becomes larger. And it will be a serious factor for the surgeon to consider.

Reactions: 3
So I think they would recommend possibly more chemo etc. to at least hold it and stop the spread and pretty much tell her to enjoy her life knowing it will be cut very short. That is not leaving her to die. If they don't think she is strong enough for the surgery as she is now it would be malpractice to assemble this team only to lose her on the table.
She seems to be healthy woman. She didn’t have any complications during chemo. She wasn't ill during chemo. Except CD infection. She is thin doesn't mean they wouldn't operate on here. Most young women are thin. To gain some weight is just recommendation, being thin is not contraindication to operation. More important, if the person has healthy organs, heart, lung, kidney, liver, other serious chronic condition. Actually it is contrary. Overweight fat people have complications after surgery.

Reactions: 7
She seems to be healthy woman. She didn’t have any complications during chemo. She wasn't ill during chemo. Except CD infection. She is thin doesn't mean they wouldn't operate on here. Most young women are thin. To gain some weight is just recommendation, being thin is not contraindication to operation. More important, if the person has healthy organs, heart, lung, kidney, liver, other serious chronic condition. Actually it is contrary. Overweight fat people have complications after surgery.
Also true but here is a publication that discusses a low bmi and complications after the operation.

• Wow
“Most young women are thin”

What?!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Also true but here is a publication that discusses a low bmi and complications after the operation.

She is not malnourished. If someone is really malnourished you can see their bones, with big abdomen, without muscles. Her body composition is smal tiny from the nature. We can see she eats normal meal. Of course it would be better for her if she gain some weight.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.