Tiffany Thinks #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

This video from 9 years ago she is recovering from some sort of stomach surgery. I wonder what health issues she was having back then.

Reactions: 6
From what I can gather from her past vlogs, she went to the doctor numerous times for symptoms, I believe over a period of 8 months or so, but due to her younger age they never believed it was anything serious. She was treated for things like infections and so forth. I don't believe she put things off any more than the average person would have. Her initial symptoms could have been chalked up to so many things, and due to her age, colon cancer was the last thing on her mind, as well as the doctors, unfortunately.
Right, it happens all the time. Lots of young people are dismissed by their doctors for months or years in the end ended up in ER with obsctructed colon or perforated bowel. Unfortunately this is reality. Not just colon cancer also with
many other cancers. Medical gaslighting is very common everywhere.

Reactions: 15
My specialization is not surgery nor oncology. But in my opinion he shouldn't have presented this option at all. Now we can see it was just waist of time, a lot of nerv and risking metastasis. If you haven't go through cancer yourself don't know how cancer patients think.
I don't know why he insists for biopsy again. First time he missed the cancer. Probably because of the narrowing. It gave her false hope. She was repeating "there was no cancer cells in biopsy". Second attempt was useless.
Clear margins are determined intraoperative during surgery by frozen sections and after surgery all material send to pathology and pathologist confirm again.
One problem may be that she listens to her surgeon more than her oncologist.

Reactions: 2
It's pretty much non-existent over here unfortunately. I've been wanting to try it for so long but never managed to so far. The only times I've seen a Nandos in real life has been when I went to Washington DC in 2013 and when I went to Toronto a few years back but of course that wasn't in the US. As far as I know, only the capital has it
Yes, I saw it in dc. I was wondering if it was THE nandos. Ah, so next time I'm out there I will have to try.

Reactions: 1
Tumour markers can give false positive or negative readings. It is only a small indicator but needs all the other information and tests to fill out the big picture.

Or someone in her circle or family will watch it and talk to Amma about it! Seems off to publish it but try to keep it a secret from your closest family member.

I skipped over all the fluffy parts, I wish she too would have skipped it but then added more substantive medical information after their appointment to give us the straight scoop, as so many have asked over and over.

If her Amma blended her drinks, she'd receive everything from her fruit/veggie shakes that she needs, then Tiffany could focus on high protein, high calorie meals. Good to see Amma making a chickpea dish; Tiffany needs more than a few bites of it!
I think they all try, Amma cooks, historically her sister was always cooking for her, Matt tries. Tiffany eats like a bird at the best of times.

Reactions: 5
To be honest the choice is not hers anymore..surgeon will do surgery providing she gains weight and is stronger..at this weight he runs a high risk of losing her on the table.He is not going to take that chance. He needs to feel there is a good chance of decent outcome and right now I think he has been crystal clear to Tiff that he does not think he can do it without her changing things.
It is much more important if you are healthy (except cancer) than how much you weigh. She has been always tiny, you can see it from her earlier videos. You can have 80 kg and but if you have serious heart disease, unthreathed high blood pressure, liver, kidney issues and other serious chronic condition you might die on the table. And your recovery would be hard and long with complications. If your organs are healthy, even you are tiny you can recover quickly.

My father got a stoma at 78 years old and managed it very well but having one is a learning process, in terms of how it functions, caring for it and finding the supplies that suit you best. As someone else said it can be messy, there will be lots of leaks and accidents. I simply cannot imagine adding on a urine bag too.
My friend also has one - its never easy often a flare up or infection☹
Tiffanys life isnt going to be easy, its how she decides to cope with it!

Reactions: 7

This video from 9 years ago she is recovering from some sort of stomach surgery. I wonder what health issues she was having back then.
that is really interesting. Thanks for the sleuthing to find this. Hospital for 9 days...that implies a pretty major surgery. She said it is "stomach" and that now she needs to gain weight and get "fit"!!! This is 9 years ago. I think there is a much more significant health history in her story that we really don't know about. Interesting to see her interaction with Tiroy...it seems more natural and loved him mimicking her about the lip gloss.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I agree! After reading a lot of comments on here, and on her video, lots of people were speculating about this. Many thought it was a sign that there was good news. I personally thought it was an indication of good news. When I am devastated by bad news, food is not on my mind at all, but I know everyone is different. I just think it was odd that her sister put it on her social media, in light of the somber situation. Even if I was in the mood to have cake and pizza, I wouldn’t be up to taking pictures and posting them on Instagram. I know that’s just me, but I think a lot of people are the same way.
This is all so sad. I’m going to rewatch the part in the car where they were all talking about it. When I watched earlier, I went into my usual state of shock and confusion that I experience in her videos. I want to see if any of it makes sense. I haven’t felt quite well ever since watching this video several hours ago.
I'm the same as you when getting bad news. I think a lot of people are. Everyone is different though, and what's odd to us, seems to be the norm for them. Tiffany was saying in the car that the nurse told her "live your life, be happy", and that is the approach they all seem to be trying to take. It's honestly a good way to be as long as you're also keeping the facts foremost and you're in tune with the reality of the situation. The dealing with the facts and reality part they get wrong, but I actually think they have the other part right.

• Heart
The one thing I would say to her though is the quality of life she has at the moment is crap. She’s in pain, bleeding, not eating, no social/work life. The surgery is completely life changing, but maybe the end result will be she has a life and one with a better quality of what she has now, not what she had, but now.
Well said. This is the tradeoff, as bad as it is now, worsening, and then death.

Reactions: 4
Problem is that she never seems to eat enough of anything!
I'm actually not sure that this is true. She's often stuffing her face with takeaway junk stuff, even used to film herself eating it all. I'm not sure that what we see snippets of now is actually how it truly is. Then again, it's the same with everything she chooses to share with us.

Reactions: 6
Indeed, every other platforms like twitter, Instagram even Reddit are so heavily censored it’s unreal. It bends one way anything else gets viciously attacked. Why?? What are they so afraid of?? I wonder how long this site will last.
Won’t be too long. Mark my words. Already some morons are trying to get it shutdown.
What a stupid people out there! Shutting down a platform because you don’t like what is written there. Entitled bunch of
a-holes and pulease mind your ow fcking business.

I just popped over to see Eugenia's YT. Can anyone tell me her backstory? Is she ill?
Suspected of an ed, anorexia.

The real danger is that a keto diet is to lose weight. Imagine what will happen when a severely underweight person will follow keto. 🙄
Exactly.
Keto diets: Lose weight fast then enjoy your meat heart attack

• Haha
I believe the surgeon has given her certain goals to meet before he would deem her ready for surgery. Mentally and physically. A certain amount of weight gain, other cardiac and lung tests etc and also psychological testing. They do this before weight loss surgery so makes sense here too. As for the car ride home, Darling is as much a ding dong as she is. At one point he talks about all the diagrams they showed and how confusing and overwhelming they were! Are you kidding me? You didnt have a clue about what was involved before the diagrams?? They always draw diagrams to try and plainly show the issue. Does he not do this for his patients? He is an optometrist! I’m very skeptical she can gain enough weight as whatever her food issues are or were would be really hard to overcome. If darling and amma could be stronger maybe, but they do not seem to be with her. Must be like walking on eggshells at home.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I also don't see how a surgeon can do that kind of procedure on someone that doesn't even weigh 100 lbs and so sickly at that. For her to put on the needed weight she would have to eat tons, but I think another issue of her just not eating much is because it has to come out the other end...and that gives her pain and a lot of issues.
Another option will be tube feeding through a permanent tube with a pump. That is the only way to put on some weight.

I actually think she will have it as you could see the realisation dawning on her in that video - that it's the only thing that will now give her the chance of more life. She knows.
the weight loss she will have after surgery will be a lot so she needs to gain more than 5 lbs but more like 15 lbs. All to withstand the weight loss after the surgery.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.