Tiffany Thinks #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just thinking...I would assume that along with releasing these past videos from her time in the hospital, Tiffany is also continuing to video her daily ongoing recovery at home. Makes me wonder how we'll ever catch up and get back to seeing real time (or at least closer to real time) videos.
I wonder IF we will catch up 😅 Maybe it will always be like this, her being a few weeks ahead and us getting old news. It fits with her need to have control over the whole thing.

Reactions: 10
Is no-one finding what she said around the 10:38 mark weird?

She says, 'you know what I'm like, I don't really talk to any-(she stops mid sentence), I like talking to my tiffany thinks family'. Imagine being close friends or even extended family who have helped and been concerned for her(who's she's shown on videos too) and she goes onto say that I don't talk to anyone much and I trust thousands of strangers on the internet to comfort me. This might even be a lie so she can make the people gullible enough to give her money and buy her merch etc to feel special and like they share this really close connection with them - which they actually don't. Tiffany keeps a distance from her followers and only accepts 'good' comments

She goes on to say it's because she doesn't like to complain to those around her and likes talking to the TT family the most (imagine hearing that as Matt, her mum, her friends haha). But, I suspect it's more that the people irl including the doctors, friends, extended family remind her the gravity of her situation and ask questions which she can't dodge and block out and say tune in next time(probably why she stops talking to them or doesn't talk to them about it in the first place). Yet to the thousands of nameless people who she is showcasing exaggerated and grief stricken thumbnails to hook them in so they can pity and feel sorry her and just validate and provide her with comments which she can control are her true supporters and who she feels she can be herself around.

Either this is all a lie to create this false sense of close connection or we're seeing someone with a severe mental illness here.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Either this is all a lie to create this false sense of close connection or we're seeing someone with a severe mental illness here.
She definitely has some mental problems. She says she cries all the time, especially when the nurse comes to help her. She has no problem crying in front of the strangers, but can't talk about her feelings with her family... She needs therapy, i dont' understand why she refuses it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
p
Bizarre isn’t it that even after the surgery, it’s still like some sort of secret!
Well I'm treating it as a regular dose of brain training, keeping the little grey cells working 😁, seriously its the most interesting thing about the videos, turning them into forensic exercises.

At the current rate, we have weeks of these videos to come, surely she will realise that she needs to timeslip herself into 2023 and make her story more current?

• Heart
  • Haha
She definitely has some mental problems. She says she cries all the time, especially when the nurse comes to help her. She has no problem crying in front of the strangers, but can't talk about her feelings with her family... She needs therapy, i dont' understand why she refuses it.
Someone asked her in the comments recently about mental health and therapy. T responded that she is still on the waiting list. I think she could just pay for it herself instead of waiting for free counselling. She has the money. But I don't think she is up for getting mental health help. She would find it hard to open up. Even her opening up on camera is quite limited. She has these barriers that she cannot cross. It's like she is constantly stifling her feelings. I don't know, I could be completely wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She says, 'you know what I'm like, I don't really talk to any-(she stops mid sentence), I like talking to my tiffany thinks family'. Imagine being close friends or even extended family who have helped and been concerned for her(who's she's shown on videos too) and she goes onto say that I don't talk to anyone much and I trust thousands of strangers on the internet to comfort me.
She may not be speaking to them, but the irony is that of course someone (or all) in her inner circle are watching her videos. They're on the web ffs for all to watch (although, I'm not, I'm a few behind...and the # is increasing, thanks to those offering updates here).

Whomever is helping her moderate her channel needs to be aware of what people are responding to, and I imagine others close to her are too if they care about her and want to be aware of what she's going through, but is withholding. They need to be aware for no other reason than what a difficult position they'd find themselves in if others bring something up and they're in the dark. They also need to be aware to prepare themselves and support her.

IMO, the only person she's "protecting" is herself from having the hard conversations. Her resistance unfortunately only prevents her from having even deeper relationships with those with whom she is closest.

Someone asked her in the comments recently about mental health and therapy. T responded that she is still on the waiting list.
I'm certain her doctor could fast track it. They must have a triage system in place for mental health care whereby the people who need it urgently are pushed up the list.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
She may not be speaking to them, but the irony is that of course someone (or all) in her inner circle are watching her videos. They're on the web ffs for all to watch (although, I'm not, I'm a few behind...and the # is increasing, thanks to those offering updates here).

Whomever is helping her moderate her channel needs to be aware of what people are responding to, and I imagine others close to her are too if they care about her and want to be aware of what she's going through, but is withholding. They need to be aware for no other reason than what a difficult position they'd find themselves in if others bring something up and they're in the dark. They also need to be aware to prepare themselves and support her.

IMO, the only person she's "protecting" is herself from having the hard conversations. Her resistance unfortunately only prevents her from having even deeper relationships with those with whom she is closest.
She’s not affectionate is she? Even with Matt it appears very strained and he is more like a daddy to her than a partner. She talks like a kid the most around him … truly odd.
To say she feels most at home and ‘herself’ talking to thin air and a flashing red light is bizarre. Her emotional and psychological needs are literally met by being the centre of attention and having control.
I bet her profile is fascinating to a psychiatrist and even more fascinating will be her 💄 lippy application method! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15

You're right. But, when they're watching, they surely they must feel concerned that their cousin, sister or close friend is more comfortable speaking to strangers on the internet about how they're so important and meaningful to her and she can be herself around them, and then irl they feel she's hesitant or not talking to them as openly about it. Or they feel they can't support her as well as they can since strangers on the internet seem to be more favoured or she's just got a camera out all the time. As a friend I would have intervened or had that conversation and probably been blocked irl too 😂

If someone feels more comfortable talking to starangers, I'm assuming it's because there's no accountablity or responsbility due or needed there whereas with people you know there is. But people close to her can provide a level of comfort and vulnerability which would be 100 times better than providing surface level interactions with thousands of people to compensate for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm certain her doctor could fast track it. They must have a triage system in place for mental health care whereby the people who need it urgently are pushed up the list.
She really should. Does anyone remember when was the first time she mentioned being on the waiting list? It's been months.
Also, she would be offered mental heath care as part of the post pelvic exenteration recovery.

Reactions: 8
She really should. Does anyone remember when was the first time she mentioned being on the waiting list? It's been months.
Also, she would be offered mental heath care as part of the post pelvic exenteration recovery.
It's this one I think around the 9:53 mark

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Months & months. She first mentioned it around the time of WW and after hundreds of followers kept asking her about it, she reiterated (not happy Jan) that she was on a waitlist and would go when her place on the list came around. Obviously not high on her list of ‘must do’ … not as important and the red flashing light!

Reactions: 6
She’s not affectionate is she? Even with Matt it appears very strained and he is more like a daddy to her than a partner. She talks like a kid the most around him … truly odd.
To say she feels most at home and ‘herself’ talking to thin air and a flashing red light is bizarre. Her emotional and psychological needs are literally met by being the centre of attention and having control.
I bet her profile is fascinating to a psychiatrist and even more fascinating will be her 💄 lippy application method! 🤣
I will have to take your word on the lip balm observation since I did not see it for myself. If I watch any more of her videos, it will only be if TL members recommend it or if I feel I can no longer participate here in any substantive way. 🤣

I've forgotten what she was like around Tiroy, if she put on the same baby mannerisms.

Interestingly enough, I watched a few different videos of other YTers who have a significant following, some nonhealth YTers. I see the point @Saydee and others have been making, I see the same 'influencer' cinematic methods being employed, ie, the closeup of the coffee mug filling, the cutesy music for family time moments. There must be a YT handbook out there about tips for including filler material into videos. Tiffany's are no different or unique in these ways, I see. I know it must be obvious to others more savvy, I should have been after reading about them here on TL. I suppose seeing the same ol' same ol' elsewhere really made it real that there's a tried and true "formula" that YTers learn. :rolleyes:

• Heart
Interestingly enough, I watched a few different videos of other YTers who have a significant following, some nonhealth YTers. I see the point @Saydee and others have been making, I see the same 'influencer' cinematic methods being employed, ie, the closeup of the coffee mug filling, the cutesy music for family time moments. There must be a YT handbook out there about tips for including filler material into videos. Tiffany's are no different or unique in these ways, I see. I know it must be obvious to others more savvy, I should have been after reading about them here on TL. I suppose seeing the same ol' same ol' elsewhere really made it real that there's a tried and true "formula" that YTers learn. :rolleyes:
Yeah, it's called B-roll. They need the longer videos so they fill it with this 'cinematic fluff'. Ultimately, it's because Youtube encourages and pushes content which keeps users on the site/app longer. Because people that are engaged and staying longer will click on more videos and end up seeing more ads.

• Heart
... There must be a YT handbook out there about tips for including filler material into videos. Tiffany's are no different or unique in these ways, I see. I know it must be obvious to others more savvy, I should have been after reading about them here on TL. I suppose seeing the same ol' same ol' elsewhere really made it real that there's a tried and true "formula" that YTers learn. :rolleyes:
Oh yes, I think there is, and of course if you watch influencer videos as a potential influencer yourself, you pick up their style, so it's all a bit self-fulfilling. The thing that always jars with me is that hand thing when holding something up to the camera (usually a mascara of something), where they cup their hand behind. I know WHY they do it but it's learned behaviour 😁. And I have also realised that there is a phenomenon that is exploited by YTers (and I suspect it'swhy shopping channels are so successful), where if a product is given video time, it immediately becomes a 'must have', even if you never considered needing the damn thing. I can say quite categorically that have resisted Tiffany's merch, but I did look at that blender thing before having a word with myself 😆

• Haha
Hate to be devils advocate, but I am a nurse and always more than happy to have photos with patients, more than happy to be in videos. More than happy to take pictures of patients for them to 'remember their journey'. It's highly unlikely they're bitching about her for filming a massive part in her life. The place is NOISY, its highly unlikely her talking to the camera for 15 minutes is going to disturb other patients. 🤷‍♀️

Are you a nurse for the NHS and are you speaking on behalf of all nurses?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yeah, it's called B-roll. They need the longer videos so they fill it with this 'cinematic fluff'. Ultimately, it's because Youtube encourages and pushes content which keeps users on the site/app longer. Because people that are engaged and staying longer will click on more videos and end up seeing more ads.
Oh my, I just Googled "coffee filling B Roll", there are pages and pages that come up, including stock footage. There must be a lot of psychology behind why coffee cup filling is specifically and so often used, how we associate coffee with increased attention and the cosiness of a warm drink and what it does to our brain. What a bunch of lab rats we are.

I can say quite categorically that have resisted Tiffany's merch, but I did look at that blender thing before having a word with myself 😆
Lol, I admit to looking up air fryers, although I refused to click on her direct link. I also had a talk with myself. 🤨

• Haha
Well I have only just watched the latest video … OMG … that’s pretty ordinary viewing I must say. If you’re feeling that poorly that you need to talk in slowmo like that put the bloody camera away and get a lot a lot a lot of rest until you feel better and brighter.
Did someone colour her face in with lip balm? How could lippy end up all over her face ~ that’s a whole lot of chaff for one tiny face!
The baby slow motion voice came with when she said she was feeling unwell but couldn't talk anymore because she didn't want to cry. The same slow motion voice which was present when she was recording straight after surgery.
With these videos being old footage, and we know that T is now at home recovering, why has she left the video on a cliff hangar? There is no need.
T forgets that many of her youtube subscribers don't have tiktok or Instagram (I have seen people asking what IG means?). Her youtube subscribers that don't have tiktok or IG didn't see the updates while T was in hospital. Several are confused and are thinking these videos are current time? It creates such needed confusion and worry for some.

• Heart
The baby slow motion voice came with when she said she was feeling unwell but couldn't talk anymore because she didn't want to cry. The same slow motion voice which was present when she was recording straight after surgery.
With these videos being old footage, and we know that T is now at home recovering, why has she left the video on a cliff hangar? There is no need.
T forgets that many of her youtube subscribers don't have tiktok or Instagram (I have seen people asking what IG means?). Her youtube subscribers that don't have tiktok or IG didn't see the updates while T was in hospital. Several are confused and are thinking these videos are current time? It creates such needed confusion and worry for some.
Yes Saydee, that’s so true, it does create worry and confusion as so many of her followers are elderly, chronically ill including with cancer and wait religiously for the next update on YT. They have no idea these videos are old. Some of them even talk to her like they would their own granddaughter and she doesn’t even make comments back to them. Nothing.
All of this pre recorded stuff is so unnecessary and cruel to those who don’t know it’s old footage.
This is not about keeping her loving TTF updated, this is about not losing numbers to get to that 100k. And I’m sure it’s not about the plaque half as much as it is about the cha-Ching!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.