Tiffany Thinks #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The noise from the strike outside must be awful for people really poorly.
I still think the op was on the 12th- strike action took place on the 15th and the 20th December.
But that would either mean today's video is Day 3 or Day 8, and we know it's not Day 3, and she would be much more mobile by Day 8.
15th makes this Day 5, which seems more likely.

Reactions: 9
The whole thing is so wrong, so distasteful, but SOOOO Tiffany. It feeds her narcissism and insatiable need to film for YT.
I wonder what happened later in the day when she said things went downhill. Wondering if some preliminary results of her tissues came back and weren't good? Or perhaps her pain increased?
Probably ran out of lip balm. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yes patients have a right to privacy, but t doesn’t care about others.
I suppose as adults we know what’s right from wrong.
Whenever I have been on a ward I know not to watch anything on my iPad without using my earphones.
I keep my phone on silent. If I need to make a call I will leave the ward and go to the day room to talk on the phone. If I am too unwell to leave the ward? I send a text message instead of making a call.
If a fellow patient was talking to a camera or filming I would have no problem telling them there is a time and place and to remind them hospital wards are for sick patients, not documentary makers. If they didn’t stop it off, I would ask the nurse if I could be moved to a different ward bay and explain why. Nurses generally want their shift to go quickly and smoothly which is why they probably put up with t filming, but T should know her boundaries. She is old enough to know.
THAT filming just makes their duties take longer. Thank you Saydee for some very ON POINT articles about this issue. Just because you have a "hectic" surgery does not give you the right to take over the ward with your YT film crew.

---

Probably ran out of lip balm. :rolleyes:
!!! You have a way of summing it up no nicely......thats probably it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Interesting article about unwelcome photography in hospitals:

"...the European Convention on Human Rights Art. 8 provides for a right to respect for a private and family life. Accordingly, the patient in hospital has a reasonable expectation of privacy.

The privacy element will be immediately engaged if there is a patient who inadvertently forms the background of the unwanted image taken in the hospital. This may be on the ward, in a corridor, or within a clinical department such as radiology. It is perfectly possible her identity may be revealed by her appearance, to those who recognise her. There may be outwardly obvious signs of illness, such as jaundice or emaciation, which she wishes to remain confidential. Should her written name appear in the photograph, identification will be instant. Written details on her notes may also be in view, compromising her confidentiality further.

Our staff can and should object to being photographed without their consent. In the course of their employment in the hospital, where patient confidentiality is of such great importance, the staff can share the reasonable expectation that at work they will not be photographed without their consent. Their rights as citizens are not diminished by the fact that they are at work. They are fully entitled to request that the image is deleted, although have no power to insist on deletion; or to remove the device or the memory card. However, they remain free, as private citizens, to take civil action against unwelcome or intrusive photography performed without their consent.

The Criminal Justice & Immigration Act 2008 s119 may also provide us with some help. It relates to visitors (although not the patient himself) who (i) causes ‘nuisance and disturbance on NHS premises to a staff member and (ii) refuses to leave the premises when asked to do so.

In plain English, the reasonable onlooker may well conclude that unauthorised photography in a hospital setting is a ‘nuisance’; and the confrontation that follows, a ‘disturbance’."
The United Kingdom is not part of the European Union, so it is surprising that the 'European Convention on Human Rights' is quoted as an example to follow. Maybe this convention refers to geographical Europe.
Tiffany has not video-taped other patients. If the nurses who were helping her to walk did not want to be in a video, they could have told her so in no uncertain terms rather than agree to it. I admire the nurses and all that they do to help patients. However, feeling sorry for them because they have been video-taped I do not, because these nurses could have just said 'No, miss, we kindly request that you put away the camera for this walk, and not be on the video.' People do need to speak up if they are uncomfortable with the video-taping. Tiffany, or anyone else, cannot guess what is bothering whom, or if talking into the camera in a muted voice is actually disturbing someone. Patients next to her do not necessarily know that she is filming because the dark curtains do provide visual privacy. Additionally, other than the talking into the camera that might be irritating sometimes, Tiffany does have the right to photograph herself, and to video-tape herself within the space allotted to her. The curtains do hide the others.
As for her speaking into the camera, what about people talking to their loved ones or friends on the phone? It is the same principle: Voices are heard whether someone talks to themselves into a camera, or whether someone is talking on the phone. On that point, how would the patients next to her even know if she is talking on the phone to someone, or talking to herself? They don't know that for sure, and as long as Tiffany records during the visiting hours, I really don't see how anyone could be upset (other than the staff, but they could have said 'No' to being filmed.) with Tiffany's filming in the hospital.
What if one patient has visitors for twice the amount of time that his/her neighbor does? Does a patient have the right to tell the next person that a visitor should stay less time just because he or she doesn't have visitors stay as long? I would think not. This is the same principle as talking into a phone. Patients have the right to talk into a phone. Whether or not there is someone on the other end of the phone is no one else's business, actually.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
The United Kingdom is not part of the European Union, so it is surprising that the 'European Convention on Human Rights' is quoted as an example to follow. Maybe this convention refers to geographical Europe.
Tiffany has not video-taped other patients. If the nurses who were helping her to walk did not want to be in a video, they could have told her so in no uncertain terms rather than agree to it. I admire the nurses and all that they do to help patients. However, feeling sorry for them because they have been video-taped I do not, because these nurses could have just said 'No, miss, we kindly request that you put away the camera for this walk, and not be on the video.' People do need to speak up if they are uncomfortable with the video-taping. Tiffany, or anyone else, cannot guess what is bothering whom, or if talking into the camera in a muted voice is actually disturbing someone. Patients next to her do not necessarily know that she is filming because the dark curtains do provide visual privacy. Additionally, other than the talking into the camera that might be irritating sometimes, Tiffany does have the right to photograph herself, and to video-tape herself within the space allotted to her. The curtains do hide the others.
As for her speaking into the camera, what about people talking to their loved ones or friends on the phone? It is the same principle: Voices are heard whether someone talks to themselves into a camera, or whether someone is talking on the phone. On that point, how would the patients next to her even know if she is talking on the phone to someone, or talking to herself? They don't know that for sure, and as long as Tiffany records during the visiting hours, I really don't see how anyone could be upset (other than the staff, but they could have said 'No' to being filmed.) with Tiffany's filming in the hospital.
What if one patient has visitors for twice the amount of time that his/her neighbor does? Does a patient have the right to tell the next person that a visitor should stay less time just because he or she doesn't have visitors stay as long? I would think not. This is the same principle as talking into a phone. Patients have the right to talk into a phone. Whether or not there is someone on the other end of the phone is no one else's business, actually.
I understand your stance but just because they didn't stop her, it does not mean they were okay with it. It is not the nurses' job to educate a 30 year old woman. They have enough on their plate. It's Tiffany's job as an adult and social being to know what is appropriate and what isn't. It's like relying on others to stop us each time we are behaving inappropriately ... Like @Saydee said they probably let her cause they wanted everything to run smoothly. I imagine the nurses didn't want the hassle and I understand them.
How do you know Tiffany only records during the visiting hours? Maybe she records at all times, we know how addicted she is to the camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
The ECHR has nothing to do with the EU, it was instituted by the Council of Europe.

Reactions: 11
The ECHR has nothing to do with the EU, it was instituted by the Council of Europe.
"What does the ECHR have to do with the European Union?

Nothing. The ECHR was launched by the Council of Europe. The Council of Europe is older than the European Union and not connected to it."

"What is the European Convention on Human Rights?

The European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) is an international human rights treaty that protects the rights of everyone within the 46 states that belong to the Council of Europe. Not to be confused with the European Union (with 27 members), the Council of Europe was founded after World War II to protect human rights and the rule of law, and to promote democracy. All countries across Europe, including Turkey and Ukraine, are members of the Council of Europe. The only states which are not are Belarus and Russia."

I think patients have an expectation of privacy whilst in the hospital and a right not to be concerned or to potentially have their images or voice(s)/private conversations in adjacent areas or medical information on charts or scheduling boards potentially captured, videotaped and broadcast over the internet by others without their consent.

Why should other patients/staff/concerned visitors have to be worried about this at a time of deep crisis in their own lives? No one is being cared for in this ward for a hangnail.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I think you will find that if you look, there is the same published rules for the UK NHS hospitals too.

---

I understand your stance but just because they didn't stop her, it does not mean they were okay with it. It is not the nurses' job to educate a 30 year old woman. They have enough on their plate. It's Tiffany's job as an adult and social being to know what is appropriate and what isn't. It's like relying on others to stop us each time we are behaving inappropriately ... Like @Saydee said they probably let her cause they wanted everything to run smoothly. I imagine the nurses didn't want the hassle and I understand them.
How do you know Tiffany only records during the visiting hours? Maybe she records at all times, we know how addicted she is to the camera.
Yes, the example I mentioned specifically in my post was T recording during the middle of the night. The nurse had come to give her anti sickness meds during the night. T was recording and asking the nurse what the medication was so that T could tell her viewers. Not during the day. In the early hours of the morning. Its rude and disrespectful to others.
From 5 minutes onwards here. T says it is 2am when she is recording on the ward

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I watched it....again I have more questions....not familiar at all with RM or NHS...but it that considered a room? Is she going to be transferred to something more private like she had for the C-diff. Is it like this because step down that still have lots of machines going that need to be monitored?
C-Diff patients have to be isolated for infection control purposes. They have priority for a single room as they need their own toilet. For non-infectious patients, especially those nurse in special care - there are usually lots of beds close together for monitoring/staffing purposes. A nurse can look after two patients if they can see both monitors from the same place etc.

C-Diff patients have to be isolated for infection control purposes. They have priority for a single room as they need their own toilet. For non-infectious patients, especially those nurse in special care - there are usually lots of beds close together for monitoring/staffing purposes. A nurse can look after two patients if they can see both monitors from the same place etc.
well thank you ...makes so much sense...that C diff room was very nice.

• Heart
Hate to be devils advocate, but I am a nurse and always more than happy to have photos with patients, more than happy to be in videos. More than happy to take pictures of patients for them to 'remember their journey'. It's highly unlikely they're bitching about her for filming a massive part in her life. The place is NOISY, its highly unlikely her talking to the camera for 15 minutes is going to disturb other patients. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I felt very sorry for her when she showed all those wires. And I actually think she told us a lot that is happening to her. She said Butt! I know, but this is Tiffany. I feel sorry for Amma and the pain she must feel. I'm a mother and it's devastating to watch your child suffer.

Does anyone have any idea why Tiffany refers to lines/tubes in her body as “wires?”
Hmmmm 🤔, she’s not big on education !!!
If she looked, as in opened her eyes 👀 and looked, she would see that the ‘wires’ are made of plastic so there is no way they could be ‘wire’ given wire is metal!
I think, when she refers to wires, she’s more referring to cardiac monitoring wires which are indeed wires covered in coloured plastic. From there, she calls everything ‘wire’! A Tiffany special 😳

• Heart
Just thinking...I would assume that along with releasing these past videos from her time in the hospital, Tiffany is also continuing to video her daily ongoing recovery at home. Makes me wonder how we'll ever catch up and get back to seeing real time (or at least closer to real time) videos.

Tiffany's hair situation just shows how much planning and prep she did for her major surgery. For a start, she was late into the game to "make herself fat". Even then, eating bits here and there was like a game to her. Nibble a bit, keep for later for someone else to finish it.

Many have suggested she trim her hair to keep it a manageable length. But of cos she did not. There's always Amma or the nurses to tie it up for her, comb it and what not. I would think she's not had a proper shampoo before going to the sudden surgery and was unlikely to have gotten one in the hospital and since discharged. So yes, rats, possums and gonks are now living in her hair.

• Haha
Just thinking...I would assume that along with releasing these past videos from her time in the hospital, Tiffany is also continuing to video her daily ongoing recovery at home. Makes me wonder how we'll ever catch up and get back to seeing real time (or at least closer to real time) videos.
Haha … well we will have to wait for more expiring food to be filmed and then start to fathom what day it rained, what day the sun was shining brightly and what day the tornado hit 👍🏼
From there we all debate and throw some dates around and possibly in 6 months time we will assume we know it all and are back on track… then the goalposts move and we start again 👌🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Tiffany has not video-taped other patients. If the nurses who were helping her to walk did not want to be in a video, they could have told her so in no uncertain terms rather than agree to it. I admire the nurses and all that they do to help patients. However, feeling sorry for them because they have been video-taped I do not, because these nurses could have just said 'No, miss, we kindly request that you put away the camera for this walk, and not be on the video.' People do need to speak up if they are uncomfortable with the video-taping.
Sorry but I don’t agree with you at all. Her filming on the ward with nurses and being followed with the camera was 1) stopping Tiffany actually getting on with it because she kept turning to talk to the person filming her and 2) it was causing more of a commotion than needed.

even when we are in our bay with the curtains closed we are very aware when stuff is going on outside the curtain. I really disagree with Tiffany’s behaviour at the moment and would not personally tolerate it.

remember patients in there are very unwell with a horrible disease and may not have the energy to speak up for themselves in these instances. Most patients have the understanding to not start talking on the phone when on a ward if I’m honest. I would never take a call on one, I think it’s unfair, there is enough noise going around without listening to someone’s chatter.

• Heart
Well I have only just watched the latest video … OMG … that’s pretty ordinary viewing I must say. If you’re feeling that poorly that you need to talk in slowmo like that put the bloody camera away and get a lot a lot a lot of rest until you feel better and brighter.
Did someone colour her face in with lip balm? How could lippy end up all over her face ~ that’s a whole lot of chaff for one tiny face!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Funny, those cosy fairy lights weren’t needed in hospital, the TT family will be so sad.

---

But that would either mean today's video is Day 3 or Day 8, and we know it's not Day 3, and she would be much more mobile by Day 8.
15th makes this Day 5, which seems more likely.
Bizarre isn’t it that even after the surgery, it’s still like some sort of secret!

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.