Tiffany Thinks #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely if she had 'standard' surgery, she would have a incision down her 'tummy', and I don't think she has. I thought her surgeon was known for using the robotics?

Reactions: 4
I wonder if it’s a kind of prudish, euphemistic thing that she talks like that about her body. Tiffany and her family all seem to be devout Christians so maybe talking about sex or bodily functions is seen as a bit taboo, even in a medical context.
I could see that reasoning for the butt or sex organ phrases, but she uses baby talk, scrunched faces and other infantile words to describe normal things, like a stomach.

Reactions: 8
Walking around with only socks on that hospital floor... great fall prevention.
Seem standard there, the other woman, Petrina, was wearing the same socks. I think they have non-slip soles.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Surely if she had 'standard' surgery, she would have a incision down her 'tummy', and I don't think she has. I thought her surgeon was known for using the robotics?
Yes if it was a standard surgery, she has a big cut there. That is true but I think robotics are still kind of novel and maybe she was not a good candidate for it?

Reactions: 4
I remember her mentioning that she had lots of staples all down her tummy so I presumed then she had open surgery.

Reactions: 7
She is prudish and very childish and immature too. I think it's due to her sheltered princess upbringing. Yes her being a devout catholic probably makes it worse. But then lots of catholics or christians are fine. I think her childish talk is just part of her personality.
Although I agree with what you write above, I beg to differ about the 'devout' adjective, as 'devout' implies 'practicing'. She may be a believer, but she doesn't seem to go to mass other than on Christmas eve and on her birthday. (Maybe she goes to mass on an occasional Sunday, but she has not mentioned it.) Nevertheless, if she were so 'devout', she wouldn't be having s*xual relations outside marriage, and certainly would not be living with a guy outside marriage. A devout Catholic follows all of the Catholic precepts, not just going to Christmas eve mass and putting up a Christmas tree (the latter having nothing to do with religion itself---quite the opposite, actually. It is a remnant of paganistic end-of-year rituals.)
The patient Tiffany met at the hospital is actually a 'Tiffanythinks family' member, or at least that is what Tiffany stated in one of her hospital videos. Tiffany did not say that the woman she met was a you-tuber.
---

Yes if it was a standard surgery, she has a big cut there. That is true but I think robotics are still kind of novel and maybe she was not a good candidate for it?
There is a confusion between laparoscopic surgery and robotic surgery. Dr. Shahnawaz Rasheed uses a robot to aid in pelvic exenteration surgeries as well as in other surgeries involving the colon. Nowhere does it state that in order to use the robot, the surgery has to be laparoscopic. There are videos of a robot's 'hands' performing surgical manipulations in a very-open pelvic cavity of a patient. This is not laparoscopic, but robot-assisted surgery.
Laparoscopic surgery is when several relatively small incisions are made in order to effect the surgery. When 'en bloc' resection as extreme as Tiffany's has to be performed, it cannot be done laparoscopically because too much needs to be removed and rerouted, and that cannot be done through small incisions. However, the DaVinci robot could have been used in parts of her surgery because her main surgeon does employ that robot in various surgeries.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Is she really this stupid or is this all an act? How has she survived in this world with a mind like this?
She’s survived by Amma doing everything for her, and then here comes Matt who caters to her also. It’s not an act, she just never grew up. Amma didn’t allow her to; t could have chosen to grow up on her own, or she could have chosen to still depend on Amma for everything. She clearly chose to let her mommy do everything.
---

She said it was a standard surgery and not a laparoscopic one and, as usual, she can’t talk about it … I am surprised the comment has not been deleted yet …
Was this on her most recent upload? I think she deleted the comment now. Lol.

Last edited:
  • Wow
So is she the woman ('girl') T mentioned was there as well?
Not really possible. Tiffany went home at the start of January. Petra had surgery 6 days ago?
---

Although I agree with what you write above, I beg to differ about the 'devout' adjective, as 'devout' implies 'practicing'. She may be a believer, but she doesn't seem to go to mass other than on Christmas eve and on her birthday. (Maybe she goes to mass on an occasional Sunday, but she has not mentioned it.) Nevertheless, if she were so 'devout', she wouldn't be having s*xual relations outside marriage, and certainly would not be living with a guy outside marriage. A devout Catholic follows all of the Catholic precepts, not just going to Christmas eve mass and putting up a Christmas tree (the latter having nothing to do with religion itself---quite the opposite, actually. It is a remnant of paganistic end-of-year rituals.)
The patient Tiffany met at the hospital is actually a 'Tiffanythinks family' member, or at least that is what Tiffany stated in one of her hospital videos. Tiffany did not say that the woman she met was a you-tuber.
---

There is a confusion between laparoscopic surgery and robotic surgery. Dr. Shahnawaz Rasheed uses a robot to aid in pelvic exenteration surgeries as well as in other surgeries involving the colon. Nowhere does it state that in order to use the robot, the surgery has to be laparoscopic. There are videos of a robot's 'hands' performing surgical manipulations in a very-open pelvic cavity of a patient. This is not laparoscopic, but robot-assisted surgery.
Laparoscopic surgery is when several relatively small incisions are made in order to effect the surgery. When 'en bloc' resection as extreme as Tiffany's has to be performed, it cannot be done laparoscopically because too much needs to be removed and rerouted, and that cannot be done through small incisions. However, the DaVinci robot could have been used in parts of her surgery because her main surgeon does employ that robot in various surgeries.
Tiffany has sexual relations?
---

I havent watched the video in full. I hovered over it and skipped.
Conclusion = If a doctor or nurse saw Tiffany navigating corridors doing that bird impression? She is well enough to be discharged home as soon as her drains are removed.
I think considering this surgery was discussed as the 'mother of all surgeries' labelled as 'brutal' etc. Tiffany has faired very well indeed. I have seen patients struggle in hospital with knee replacements longer.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Not sure what you mean if her results showed NED? Tiffany will need a scan for that and that's usually 12 weeks post surgery. Way too soon for scans
Sorry I'm a bit stupid :rolleyes:🙈 What I meant is you know how they check the margins for cancer cells? If it was negative. I was kind of responding to this post but I didn't quote it.. sorry for the confusion.

This person said what I was thinking but more clearly
Is it normal for histology results of margins achieved from the surgery to take over two weeks to obtain? Tiffany's hospital video series is now almost two weeks post-operation, and Tiffany has said in these videos that she has not yet been informed of any such results.
In real time, it is over one and a half months since the surgery. Therefore, is it correct to say that Tiffany now knows whether negative margins have been achieved or not? Yet, there has been no written update by Tiffany
in comments sections of her videos regarding histology results.

If margins are normally determined within a few days of surgery, the fact that Tiffany has not been informed of the results (in the video series) perhaps indicated that negative margins could not be achieved and her oncology team was waiting for her to be stronger physically before telling her. On the other hand, if over two weeks is a normal time frame for such analyses to be completed, then there isn't necessarily bad news in-the-waiting.

• Heart
Sorry I'm a bit stupid :rolleyes:🙈 What I meant is you know how they check the margins for cancer cells? If it was negative. I was kind of responding to this post but I didn't quote it.. sorry for the confusion.

This person said what I was thinking but more clearly
No not stupid. If you aren't familiar with tests in cancer then I imagine its easy to get confused.
Histology is when they have looked at tissues under a microscope to determine stage, grading, if necrosis is present, vasucalur invasion etc. And although T already had biopsy to get a grade and stage, all that can change.
Histology reports can change.
My husband had 2 histology reports on his tumours done which was around 18 months apart. First was a histology done on a piece of his tumour removed by biopsy, and second was a report done on a slice of tumour removed during surgery. The second histology report showed a much higher grade. This is because his disease had mutated and become more aggressive during those 18 months.
Therefore, Tiffanys grade could have very well changed.
They also look at margins to hopefully make sure the surgeon removed everything.
If tiffany gets a good histology report, the next challenge is CT scans obviously.
A good histology report and clean margins doesn't guarantee it hasnt already spread (It can take months for spread to show on CT scans).

A common things I see is non UK people asking why T doesnt have histology or if its normal for a patient to have scans and wait weeks for results? Whereas patients in the UK are used to this wait, which is absolutely the norm.
Histology reports are usually prepared and sent in time for the first outpatient post surgery appointment around 6 to 8 weeks. Ct scan results? Well often my husband has had to wait upto 8 weeks for his Ct scans to be reported on.

• Heart
No not stupid. If you aren't familiar with tests in cancer then I imagine its easy to get confused.
Histology is when they have looked at tissues under a microscope to determine stage, grading, if necrosis is present, vasucalur invasion etc. And although T already had biopsy to get a grade and stage, all that can change.
Histology reports can change.
My husband had 2 histology reports on his tumours done which was around 18 months apart. First was a histology done on a piece of his tumour removed by biopsy, and second was a report done on a slice of tumour removed during surgery. The second histology report showed a much higher grade. This is because his disease had mutated and become more aggressive during those 18 months.
Therefore, Tiffanys grade could have very well changed.
They also look at margins to hopefully make sure the surgeon removed everything.
If tiffany gets a good histology report, the next challenge is CT scans obviously.
A good histology report and clean margins doesn't guarantee it hasnt already spread (It can take months for spread to show on CT scans).

A common things I see is non UK people asking why T doesnt have histology or if its normal for a patient to have scans and wait weeks for results? Whereas patients in the UK are used to this wait, which is absolutely the norm.
Histology reports are usually prepared and sent in time for the first outpatient post surgery appointment around 6 to 8 weeks. Ct scan results? Well often my husband has had to wait upto 8 weeks for his Ct scans to be reported on.
My gosh, thanks so much for explaining this! I'm not at all familiar with cancer terminology - and I'm so confused by Ts videos being all over the show!
This makes a lot of sense. I am from New Zealand, and definitely understand the wait times for public healthcare, but not to the extent she has faced, I guess the UK is far bigger!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
One thing I've noticed when she walked is how horribly thin she is. My god, her legs are like sticks! No fat on them. And, not that it matters, but I also noticed she's knock kneed. Her knees come very close together when she walks while her lower legs are bowed outward. I guess she's always been that way but I've never seen her walk with her legs showing, so I never noticed it.
But her incredibly thin body is scary looking.

Reactions: 5
---

I think she mentioned going to church on Sundays before. But anyway, to me she is "devout". She prays and rambles about god a lot. She used to clutch a rosary and blabber about it in the car.
Yes I know the distinction and that you can have an open robotic surgery. I just meant that perhaps she did not have robotics involved as she did not confirm it in her reply even though the commenter also asked about robotic surgery. She just said "standard". But then she loves to not inform people ...
When 'en bloc' resection as extreme as Tiffany's has to be performed, it cannot be done laparoscopically because too much needs to be removed and rerouted, and that cannot be done through small incisions. - You are right, that makes sense.
Petrina is not a youtuber (the lady we mentioned yesterday). She documents her cancer on IG. See I've missed Tiffany mentioning meeting someone in the hospital as I skip a lot.

One thing I've noticed when she walked is how horribly thin she is. My god, her legs are like sticks! No fat on them. And, not that it matters, but I also noticed she's knock kneed. Her knees come very close together when she walks while her lower legs are bowed outward. I guess she's always been that way but I've never seen her walk with her legs showing, so I never noticed it.
But her incredibly thin body is scary looking.
Funnily enough I don't see her as even being 'underweight,' let alone being scary thin.. then again I have a long history of anorexia/eating disorders. Funny how different people perceive weight. But yeah, in my eyes she is just a slim human. Regardless, her behaviour around food is incredibly frustrating, and if she is serious about maintaining her weight she ought to really up her game and cope with Matt and Amma not eating everything she is. It's very clear she struggles to eat when no one else is, and Matt or Amma always have to have a taste of whatever she has (EVEN THE FRICKEN HIGH CAL MILKSHAKE!)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I watched a young women discuss her anal removal surgery in detail and with a transparent explanation. Her frank comments could and likely does help people going though similar treatments. She has Crohn’s disease. I’ll try to find the video. The comments were a lot a lot about Tiffany. Her fervent followers were out in full force hijacking this wonderful video. I’m ashamed I lost the link. I did gir vote the comments. 😜about Tiffany and her similar educational videos. What??
---

I watched a young women discuss her anal removal surgery in detail and with a transparent explanation. Her frank comments could and likely does help people going though similar treatments. She has Crohn’s disease. I’ll try to find the video. The comments were a lot a lot about Tiffany. Her fervent followers were out in full force hijacking this wonderful video. I’m ashamed I lost the link. I did gir vote the comments. 😜about Tiffany and her similar educational videos. What??
Here it is

• Heart
I wonder if it’s a kind of prudish, euphemistic thing that she talks like that about her body. Tiffany and her family all seem to be devout Christians so maybe talking about sex or bodily functions is seen as a bit taboo, even in a medical context.
And yet she's mentioned pulliing both Matt and Amma into the wc in order to show them the clots or whatever, the bleeding that was continuing to occur after her biopsy, I think? Before she went to RM, then to A&E for examination of it? Not sure how prudish you are if you are asking your loved ones to have a look at that...:rolleyes:

I could completely understand the discomfort in openly discussing anything relating to bowel functions on a YT channel. That, I understand. To have the world know something so personal about you...I don't think she thought that through fully before deciding to monetise her cancer journey.

Except after more than a year discussing your colorectal adenocarcinoma, having all kinds of medical examinations and discussions, talking to friends, family and then on YT, even base level, you'd at least think she'd have developed some comfort level with it all by now, wouldn't you? Exposure surely should have reduced the initial embarrassment most would have.

Her excuses are so ridiculous.
And the person was clearly not asking about PE. They were asking whether it was a laparoscopic one or a classic one. But she threw it in that it was PE, like she is generously giving additional information even though everyone now knows she had PE 😅
There is no reason she cannot explain the extent of her pe, that is sheer laziness and disrespect to her viewers, imo.

There is this lady (petrinabarber on IG) who I believe has just had pelvic exenteration. I think she has two stoma bags. Nat follows her. I have just seen her newest post where she is walking with an aid, a similar situation to Nat's. She mentions being in intensive care for a long time.
I've just had a read through her IG (thanks for the mention here, I am so appreciative for having my exposure to cancer 'influencers' broadened by so many mentions here, wow, was I naïve, having only been exposed to Tiffany beforehand). I noticed a post of hers from a couple months ago, does anyone happen to know what this might be referring to? She has some keen perspectives on life, I admire her reflections.

Attachments

• Heart
Yes I think the plan was robotic ( mind you, thus is reading between the lines that Tiff puts out there) but I get the feeling her cancer was to advanced so they had to do it the standard way.

• Heart
Maggie from LetsTalkIBD is amazing, she has had so many surgeries for Crones, and she pulls no punches and explains everything very clearly.
She has a couple of recent interesting videos about being a YouTuber as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
TIffany: "How much would you pay for these chicken nuggets?"
Matt: "I don't know, it's not the best chicken."
Tiffany: "That's what i thought too, the gluten-free part is good, but the chicken isn't. I'd give it 5."
Matt: "Ha!"
Yes HA! … I almost inhaled my rice bubbles off my spoon watching that exact part. Those two are a match made in heaven. I was waiting for Elodie to arrive … clowns 🤡!!!

• Haha
Yes HA! … I almost inhaled my rice bubbles off my spoon watching that exact part. Those two are a match made in heaven. I was waiting for Elodie to arrive … clowns 🤡!!!
Elodie joining in with her own wisdom would have been peak entertainment. The clown car conversation is still up there as the conversation of the year.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.