Thissinglemama #17 She spends a fortune on Percy and Grinch, when it comes to Harper the pennies she does pinch

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope I don’t come across as ignorant here but I don’t know anyone with autism so I don’t like to assume. Im always open to learn though. On the outfit of the day video yesterday Harper she held her arms in an unusual way when she first appeared on screen. Is still something associated with autism too or do you think she was simply just holding her arms that way??
I noticed she did this too but I’m not too sure if it’s associated with autism or not.

Reactions: 4
I had a daughter with ajrk
I noticed she did this too but I’m not too sure if it’s associated with autism or not.
I have an autistic daughter...now she doesn't do this, she does flap and so does alot of finger clicking as part of her stimmers...but that's not to say,that's not part of Hs coping methods. Theres ab awful lot of asd traits with her... Ive noticed she really struggles with her eye contact and will often look beyond or to the side, as well as a few other things. Unfortunately aimless is in denial and thinks a diagnosis is a bad and shameful thing..

• Sad
Reactions: 11
It is a huge sign of autism, I have a child who stims and Harpers behaviours speaks volumes

I haven’t been on for one day and 8 pages gone! Caught up with her video and Aimless is definitely now trying to cover up Harpers stims which is pointless because she can’t control them. And it’s sad that she has to cover them up instead of getting her help and being an advocate for her child who clearly needs help and soon! This has gone on too long, those stims will have been noticeable for years, how she can turn a blind eye is disgusting

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I hope I don’t come across as ignorant here but I don’t know anyone with autism so I don’t like to assume. Im always open to learn though. On the outfit of the day video yesterday Harper she held her arms in an unusual way when she first appeared on screen. Is still something associated with autism too or do you think she was simply just holding her arms that way??
It is associated with Austism, and also ADHD. It’s a way of self-soothing, encouraging focus. Our diagnosis’s ADHD ‘ticks’ by repeating words all day long 😂. Interesting stuff. That’s their way of stimming.

Reactions: 5
I don’t think so. I think she acts very babyish sometimes but that could be because she wants her mums attention. The stimming and the staring are traits. Also when she was trying that pink popcorn, she was waiting to see what her mum thought before answering properly. It’s sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Thanks for the responses ladies! It’s very sad for Harper not getting the help she needs. I’ve no doubt when Aimless catches up on here there will be a video saying she’s had so many “comments” about Harper and referring to genuine concern as “hate”. She really needs to learn the difference between the two!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I don’t think so. I think she acts very babyish sometimes but that could be because she wants her mums attention. The stimming and the staring are traits. Also when she was trying that pink popcorn, she was waiting to see what her mum thought before answering properly. It’s sad.
Typical girl trying to mask, see what someone else thinks and copy their response. It's really sad that so many can see it, yet shameless will deny her little girl the chance for help and support to understand a cope.

Reactions: 12
It is a huge sign of autism, I have a child who stims and Harpers behaviours speaks volumes

I haven’t been on for one day and 8 pages gone! Caught up with her video and Aimless is definitely now trying to cover up Harpers stims which is pointless because she can’t control them. And it’s sad that she has to cover them up instead of getting her help and being an advocate for her child who clearly needs help and soon! This has gone on too long, those stims will have been noticeable for years, how she can turn a blind eye is disgusting
I was unsure if that behaviour was but Autism shows in so many different ways doesn’t it. It is mean if she is trying to stop it, they are trying to self regulate themselves

Reactions: 3
Thanks for the responses ladies! It’s very sad for Harper not getting the help she needs. I’ve no doubt when Aimless catches up on here there will be a video saying she’s had so many “comments” about Harper and referring to genuine concern as “hate”. She really needs to learn the difference between the two!!!
The only hate she’s getting is the lack of concern she shows for her child. Says a lot when a group of strangers has more concern for your child than you do! Yes Aimee we hate you, but we have concerns for Harper which you’d rather bury your head in the mountain of rubbish you collect on your landing

Reactions: 9
What's with the grinch pjs in October? when she's got her Halloween tree up and all her autumn decs up the sad duck

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I wonder if the school have picked up on Harpers traits. Maybe the big decision she made was to deciding to start the lengthy process of getting a diagnosis for Harper. Or am I holding Aimee in too high regard to do that. Aimee love there is no shame on reaching out for help and getting a diagnosis. It will help her in the long term, secondary school is a different ball game and a diagnosis or extra support will make a world of difference. Although Harper is only 8 , it really can take years , my ASD and ADHD child is absolutely thriving at a mainstream secondary school, with Good predicted grades because of the extra support and having a diagnosis. Harper will thank you for it .

• Heart
Reactions: 5
F imagine waking up to that 😂 F poor Cat ,bed must stink of cats Piss 🥺

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I wonder if the school have picked up on Harpers traits. Maybe the big decision she made was to deciding to start the lengthy process of getting a diagnosis for Harper. Or am I holding Aimee in too high regard to do that. Aimee love there is no shame on reaching out for help and getting a diagnosis. It will help her in the long term, secondary school is a different ball game and a diagnosis or extra support will make a world of difference. Although Harper is only 8 , it really can take years , my ASD and ADHD child is absolutely thriving at a mainstream secondary school, with Good predicted grades because of the extra support and having a diagnosis. Harper will thank you for it .
I was wondering that...with " the tears" ..but she said it was to do with tik tok...goodness knows...but really hope it is...that child needs help, support and guidance and at minute doesn't appear to be getting either, sadly!!😢

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.