Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gembo

VIP Member
I was scared of anacondas and quicksand. Worried about each of them a lot. Genuinely thought they were going to make life very hard to navigate and that I would almost certainly die as a result of one of them. I’m pleased to say that touch wood so far neither have actually caused me too many problems!

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
The advert when a boy climbs a pylon to get his football and gets electrocuted. I was terrified of pylons for years as a child!

• Heart
Reactions: 30

totallytaz

Chatty Member
The ITV National Weather segments from the 90’s could be truly terrifying at times. How scary they were depended on the weather for the week.

Windy hat man was not so scary and actually very handsome, but the other two were terrifying.

The frost one was very rare and I never recall seeing him before 10pm at night. I’ll never forget the night he appeared after the news at ten and I jumped out of my bed and ran down to tell my parents.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
hahaha don’t leave me hanging like that! Tell me! 😂
OK, apologies to anyone not wanting a ghost story

When I was about 15/16 I acquired a very large, ornate old mirror. Can't remember exactly where from, all I know is that my dad got it last minute from an auction. It was the type of mirror that was free standing as it was so heavy (long before they were a thing on instagram) we all used to joke it was cursed, that the carvings on it were demon markings etc. Usual dramatic Kids imagination.

It was Christmas eve and I was sat in front of this mirror getting ready to go to a party. My mother was in the bathroom and I was calling across to her chatting, as you do. We were the only people in the house. My brother and dad had already gone on ahead to the party.

I was curling my hair day dreaming into the mirror, and you know when you kind of have like a mini out of body experience, everything goes quiet but your not even aware of it because it's so subtle? I was looking directly at my reflection, but I could see a shape behind me in the mirror out of the corner of my eye.. the shape resembled my mother - petite, long dark hair past the shoulders, wearing a cream blouse of some sort, for a split second I thought it was her so looked directly at the shape. The image in the mirror seemed to move closer to me in mirror and I could then see the face was kind of blacked out but I could still see blurred features that it was a woman. If you have seen The Ring you will know what I mean! And this was way before The Ring, I'd say about 1997ish. (I can't watch that film it makes me feel sick because of my experience)

I spun around thinking it was my mother, nothing was behind me. I stood up with jelly legs and for some reason a really odd fuzzy head like I'd been drinking. I felt like I couldn't speak. I went into the bathroom expecting to see my mother, but she'd gone downstairs.

After I'd wobbled into the bathroom it was like I'd broken the spell. My heart was pounding and I was shaking. I went downstairs and I must have looked like shit because my mum asked me with a very straight face what was wrong... I told her and expected her to laugh (she was a woman who believed strongly in science deffo not ghosts) but she didn't. She looked quite serious and said she'd had a very similar experience at the same age!

To cut an already long story short, about a year after the mirror got smashed and to say 7 years of bad luck has followed would not be an exaggeration. I'd say it's more like 25 years of bad luck 😳👻

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

LT31514

The TV show Strange But True (in the U.K.) not sure if anyone remembers it but it was mid 90s and on a Friday night about ghost stories. I wasn’t allowed to watch it by my mum but my dad used to let me, I still remember some of the stories now.

Reactions: 20

Rainbow1

VIP Member
The book ‘Burglar Bill’

I used to make sure it was hidden in middle of book shelf so I couldn’t see front cover 🤣

C0521E82-5A71-4EE9-9259-10C02D2D0A8F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I've just remembered that Halloween programme BBC1 did years ago, with Sarah Green. They were in a house that was haunted by someone called Pipes. It was on quite early and it was terrifying. I recall the young girl talking in a really horrible voice.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
Crime Watch! After watching people get burgled, raped, strangled, car jacked, kidnapped they chime in with - don't have nightmares 🤣🥴😳 the ones in the 90s were the worst I swear!

Also the program 999 rescue (I think it was called) with Michael Burke used to scare me to death.

The animated cartoon Animal Farm

Brothers Grimm fairy stories! I must dig them out for my youngest ready to frighten him to death too 🤣🤣

The storyline in prisoner cell block H where they got trapped underground gave me sweaty palms and nightmares. I shouldn't have been watching it at that time of night but my nana used to let me😄

• Haha
Reactions: 16

totallytaz

Chatty Member
The talking head in the museum on art attack, i actually used to have nightmares about him 😱
Another one that made me laugh out loud. Personally I thought The Handymen from Zzzap! were a bit creepy. I didn’t like it when one would slap the other.
AF0470B2-E4A0-42F8-BF65-879A12ED3F9F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Deepsigh2018

VIP Member
I was quite a fearless child in fact I think im more scared of things now as an adult but the film The Witches honestly scared the crap out of me as a child. The part where they take their faces off especially the grand high witch was just too much for young me even now im not keen on the film

Reactions: 15

totallytaz

Chatty Member
I remember as a child there was a boy who was so scared of Midsomer Murders that he couldn’t go in the back door of his house because he’d have to walk past the kitchen where his mum would be watching it. I had to cycle him all the way around the sea front and behind the other row of houses so he could walk through the front door of his house and avoid walking past the kitchen.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

sarahboo

Michael Burke used to scare me, I can't really remember why now but if I was ever up late enough for the news I remember being petrified of him.

Tony Blair. I laugh now because he doesn't phase me, but his face used to scare me so much that some nights I wouldn't sleep because I could picture him & think he was coming to get me.

The demon headmaster, how was that a children's programme???

• Haha
Reactions: 14