Things that frightened you as a child

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was also petrified of people dressed up! I never ever saw a Father Christmas as a child because he scared me!

Reactions: 2
I had a really irrational fear of mirrors & even had a way of shimmying past all the mirrors in the house without being reflected in them 😂

I was terrified that the reflection would do something that I didn’t. Not sure that Bloody Mary or goosebumps on citv helped lol
Me and my cousins did bloody Mary in a mirror when I was about 5. Still avoided mirrors in the dark til my mid twenties lol.

Reactions: 4
On top of the Powergen Weather sequences, test card girl, and “we’re experience technical difficulties” programme interruptions, I also recall being very afraid of political broadcasts.

I had a friend staying over at mine and we were about seven and we saw this anti-labour production. I’ll never forget how scared we were of “Tony Blair’s eyes”.

Reactions: 1
My children met him and he was lovely but this was at a comic con so he might have been putting it on 😆
Well both people were serving him, he was their customer. Sounds like he feels very entitled in that setting. He's probably nice to fans!

Every time I read about someone meeting him it’s always positive. I think he’s just a genuinely nice guy tbh!
Both people (totally unrelated and don't know each other) were serving him and he was a customer. I am sure he is very nice to his fans. But in those settings where he was a customer, he was nasty and obviously felt entitled. And I do know this isn't a lie as one of the people was my mother he upset. The other was a colleague of mine.
I'm sure he's a different person to his fans. Who wouldn't be?

Edit - this person working for a business also has the same experience! He seems to think the world owes him https://forums.digitalspy.com/discu...t-very-nice-celebrities-who-you-have-met/p204

Last edited:
The talking head in the museum on art attack, i actually used to have nightmares about him 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 18
When I was a kid I was fascinated by vampires and Halloween etc so nothing supernatural or spooky ever scared me, but Dr Zitbag's Transylvanian Pet Shop used to give me the creeps so much and I don't know why. I still hate it :ROFLMAO::

Taggart!

Charn from Through the Dragon's Eye:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The talking head in the museum on art attack, i actually used to have nightmares about him 😱
Another one that made me laugh out loud. Personally I thought The Handymen from Zzzap! were a bit creepy. I didn’t like it when one would slap the other.
AF0470B2-E4A0-42F8-BF65-879A12ED3F9F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
tit. Same.

The Cyber Men ('80s version). I thought they were called Simon Men. There was a scene where one punched through a sofa (I think). I hated sofas for AN AGE hahaha

Also, the same.

Kate Bush videos (idk lmao) they were always so misty and odd and when my mum was young they looked near identical, it freaked me out.
Omggg cyber men gave me nightmares up until only a few years ago 😂

The moon 🙈 I was known for trying to run away from "him" because he was watching me 😂 still feel this is justified as the fear was so genuine.

999 used to give me terrible anxiety as a kid.

Barrington Levy songs.

The character on the Daddies Sauce bottles that you would flip round and he would still he a face.

The book called "The Ankle Grabber" I would jump out of my bed making sure I cleared at least a meter. It made me do that until I was nearly an adult 🤣

Really old animated cartoons.

Trousers, joggers, leggings, shorts - anything where I had to insert a leg through each hole other than knickers, I only wore skirts! I had a panic attack once because my mum bought me this 2 piece set and the "skirt" was actually skorts. I grew out of it at 13!

I used to be scared of my own shadow when I was about 1 and try and run away from it.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The moon 🙈 I was known for trying to run away from "him" because he was watching me 😂 still feel this is justified as the fear was so genuine.
Another one that made me laugh out loud.

Trousers, joggers, leggings, shorts - anything where I had to insert a leg through each hole other than knickers, I only wore skirts! I had a panic attack once because my mum bought me this 2 piece set and the "skirt" was actually skorts. I grew out of it at 13!
Oh my goodness 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The advert when a boy climbs a pylon to get his football and gets electrocuted. I was terrified of pylons for years as a child!
OMG me too! I had a real aversion to them because of that. And then if later progressed to those electricity stations after watching 999 with Michael Burke. I grew out of it eventually but it played on my mind for quite some time as a little girl

They’re on you tube!

Can you believe they actually showed this stuff? Aimed at children? :LOL:
Haha! I know! I suppose those were the days that children went out and played and explored. They all have their heads down on iPads now

I didn't mind 999 but my older brother was terrified whenever that came on! 😄

Reactions: 1
The TV show Strange But True (in the U.K.) not sure if anyone remembers it but it was mid 90s and on a Friday night about ghost stories. I wasn’t allowed to watch it by my mum but my dad used to let me, I still remember some of the stories now.
LOVED that programme! The theme music was abit creepy too. Recently me and my family watched some on you tube for the nostalgia. We watched the Stockbridge Bypass one- as after it was aired we took a family road trip there because that episode freaked us all out! We never saw or experienced anything though! It was a great series

• Wow