Things that frightened you as a child

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had an irrational fear about what would happen to me if I didn’t get back to the lounge from the upstairs loo before the flush finished 😂😂 It was literally pull the chain and run/jump down the stairs as fast as I could.
Also, the skeletons in Jason and the Argonauts, Jaws/great white sharks (still hate swimming out of my depth) and Daleks 😱😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I had an irrational fear about what would happen to me if I didn’t get back to the lounge from the upstairs loo before the flush finished 😂😂
I can definitely relate to giving myself “if I don’t make it in time” scenarios. I still do that in adulthood.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Jeff Wayne's War of The Worlds music. And the art in the CD... There's this picture of crows eating the dead aliens and it totally freaked me out...

Also aliens generally... I watched that blurring alien autopsy footage when i was really too young and i was convinced i'd get abducted or something.

Our stairs at home were also creepy... I used to run up and down them when i had to use the to get it over quick!

Reactions: 5
Ghost watch was bloody terrifying! We rewatched it recently and they kept talking about the glory hole......smirk.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My Nan had this collection of art books. One was on Goya, and there is a horrifying painting called “Saturn Devouring His Son.” I always had to keep those pages together and skip it.

Reactions: 2
My Nan had this collection of art books. One was on Goya, and there is a horrifying painting called “Saturn Devouring His Son.” I always had to keep those pages together and skip it.
Omg that is a terrifying image too! I totally understand!

Reactions: 3
Being beaten as a child and doing something that would trigger it.

I was allowed to watch the movie SAW when I was 11- couldn't sleep that that.

SATs :ROFLMAO:

When I was reading Harry potter and the chamber of secrets alone at night when Hagrid said "the chamber of secrets had been opened".

• Sad
The alarm noise when someone was being gunged on Noel Edmonds House Party 😂 didn't help the TV volume was always loud in my parents' house.

The slime coming out of the bath tap in one of the ghost buster films. Took me years to feel comfortable having a bath again 😂

Reactions: 7
the goosebump books used to give me a fright, say cheese and die spooked me right out

the angel things from dr who

China dolls always! I had one in my room and I haaaaated it

Reactions: 5
Another one that made me laugh out loud.
I got more 😂 but the moon, I'm perplexed as to how everyone didn't have this terrifying experience as it was so extreme for me.
Clearly running away doesn't help 😂

• Haha
Atmosphere game! I had two older sisters that used to play it and it used to scare the crap out of me!!
My cousin (10 years older than me) had this as a teenager and I'd always run out the room screaming if it was ever getting played 🤣
Atmosphere, the video for thriller and vampires/dracula were my biggest fear. I threw out my dads copy of Dracula 😂
Weirdly enough I became a massive fan of buffy when I was around 9/10

I was terrified of loads as a kid. My sibling was the tough ballsy one and I was the wimp.

The flying dog in never ending story.

The rain (!) I would worry it wouldn't stop and we would all be flooded. I used to write notes to God asking him to stop the rain!

Car or house alarms, I had a fear they would never stop. I still actually have this now if our house alarm plays up in a power cut.

Our family cat attempting to come and sit on my knee. I was scared she would do that thing where they pad around for ages before sitting down and she would hurt me. Kid you not, if she jumped on the sofa i would grab a cushion as quick as a flash to protect myself 🤣

Car washes, I thought they would malfunction and I would be stuck in there forever.

Walking over bridges.

The millennium. Thought we were all gonna die.

The video for stay by Shakespeare sisters.

I had a lot of moments as a kid where I thought if I did something, nothing bad woulf happen. So I would make myself tell my parents they were the best, tidy my room etc.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
The moon 🙈 I was known for trying to run away from "him" because he was watching me 😂 still feel this is justified as the fear was so genuine.
I hated being out after dark - the moon and stars used to scare the tit out of me!!

Omg loving the chance to share my absolute fear of ... empty swimming pools 😮. Also the hull of a ship when it is out of water... you know the great expanse underneath that should be IN THE WATER

Walking over bridges stays with me to this day, I get scared my legs will go maverick and walk off the bridge.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The original Incredible Hulk, even now at 43 I can’t look at him.

Crimewatch, as a teenager I used to get off the bus and have to walk down a long road in the dark and I used to imagine my own Crimewatch reconstruction! I was scared stiff and would curse the fact that my dad was too tight to pick me up 😂😂

• Haha