Things that frightened you as a child

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The ITV National Weather segments from the 90’s could be truly terrifying at times. How scary they were depended on the weather for the week.

Windy hat man was not so scary and actually very handsome, but the other two were terrifying.

The frost one was very rare and I never recall seeing him before 10pm at night. I’ll never forget the night he appeared after the news at ten and I jumped out of my bed and ran down to tell my parents.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
The advert when a boy climbs a pylon to get his football and gets electrocuted. I was terrified of pylons for years as a child!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Wtf are the wheelers? They’re terrifying!
safety videos like the pylon boy were terrifying. There were also ones were boys drowned in a quarry, in slurry, in a canal etc.

but now I’m an adult I don’t even understand the pylon one- they’re not live, are they?

Reactions: 8
Wtf are the wheelers? They’re terrifying!
safety videos like the pylon boy were terrifying. There were also ones were boys drowned in a quarry, in slurry, in a canal etc.

but now I’m an adult I don’t even understand the pylon one- they’re not live, are they?
I’m sure there’s one where some kids where throwing around a girls doll and it landed on top and an electric box. I’m sure one of the kids went to get it and was electrocuted. I could then never understand why some of my peers would climb into the barricaded electric box thingy, but they were never harmed.

Reactions: 6
The Metz - Beware of the Judderman advert. Whom I initially thought was that Frost man from the ITV weather.

Reactions: 11
I was scared of anacondas and quicksand. Worried about each of them a lot. Genuinely thought they were going to make life very hard to navigate and that I would almost certainly die as a result of one of them. I’m pleased to say that touch wood so far neither have actually caused me too many problems!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
KISS

i remember seeing them on TV and I would scream and cry myself into panic attacks.

They don't bother me at all now - I wonder what my problem was 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I was scared of walking past a pneumatic drill, it was often used as a threat when I was misbehaving.

Reactions: 2
I remember as a child there was a boy who was so scared of Midsomer Murders that he couldn’t go in the back door of his house because he’d have to walk past the kitchen where his mum would be watching it. I had to cycle him all the way around the sea front and behind the other row of houses so he could walk through the front door of his house and avoid walking past the kitchen.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I've always had a crazy phobia of ventriloquist dummies, porcelain dolls and the like. I used to be terrified of the dress maker's dummy my mum had in her bedroom.

Even now I look away/shut my eyes if a ventriloquist dummy comes on TV or something.

I'm such a weirdo.

Reactions: 13
I've always had a crazy phobia of ventriloquist dummies, porcelain dolls and the like. I used to be terrified of the dress maker's dummy my mum had in her bedroom.

Even now I look away/shut my eyes if a ventriloquist dummy comes on TV or something.

I'm such a weirdo.
I had a massive collection of those porcelain dolls on top of my wardrobe in the late 80s/early 90s 😆

Then I read a ghost story called 'The Doll' by Terry Tapp.. it was about a doll who used to come to life and bite the little girl who owned her. Her parents didn't believe her and the doll eventually came to life and burned the house down. It scared the hell out of me! I'd be there in the dark, sweating staring at the dolls looking down watching me 🤣 Weirdly enough I'm still a massive horror fan these days! 🧛‍♀️🧙‍♀️👻☠

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I also had a collection of porcelain dolls in the early 90’s. They were displayed around my room on shelves and terrified me at night. They’re now in my mums loft and she keeps asking me to take them home but I don’t want them!!!

I'm such a weirdo.
I remember a book/episode of goosebumps which featured a ventriloquist dummy and it was frightening!

Reactions: 11
Chimneys. I always figured that if Father Christmas could come down them....anything could.
😱

Reactions: 6