Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

marlaxo

also, sitting in front of a window with my head above the top of the chair / sofa - prime location for being shot?! what was I on as a child?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

Holly Golightly

I've always had a crazy phobia of ventriloquist dummies, porcelain dolls and the like. I used to be terrified of the dress maker's dummy my mum had in her bedroom.

Even now I look away/shut my eyes if a ventriloquist dummy comes on TV or something.

I'm such a weirdo.

Reactions: 13

Wightgirl

VIP Member
I had an irrational fear about what would happen to me if I didn’t get back to the lounge from the upstairs loo before the flush finished 😂😂 It was literally pull the chain and run/jump down the stairs as fast as I could.
Also, the skeletons in Jason and the Argonauts, Jaws/great white sharks (still hate swimming out of my depth) and Daleks 😱😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11

totallytaz

Chatty Member
B1709783-1811-4260-B6C5-1978E10114B5.jpeg

I couldn’t agree more.

Quite a few things jump out in the Tomb Raider II video game but this butler who follows you everywhere was horrid.

It was such a relief when a friend showed me how to lock him in the freezer.

• Haha
  • Heart

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
I had a really irrational fear of mirrors & even had a way of shimmying past all the mirrors in the house without being reflected in them 😂

I was terrified that the reflection would do something that I didn’t. Not sure that Bloody Mary or goosebumps on citv helped lol
I still don’t have a mirror in my bedroom as I am irrationally scared of seeing a ghost reflected in it 😂😂

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
I also had a collection of porcelain dolls in the early 90’s. They were displayed around my room on shelves and terrified me at night. They’re now in my mums loft and she keeps asking me to take them home but I don’t want them!!!

I've always had a crazy phobia of ventriloquist dummies, porcelain dolls and the like. I used to be terrified of the dress maker's dummy my mum had in her bedroom.

Even now I look away/shut my eyes if a ventriloquist dummy comes on TV or something.

I'm such a weirdo.
I remember a book/episode of goosebumps which featured a ventriloquist dummy and it was frightening!

totallytaz

Chatty Member
The Metz - Beware of the Judderman advert. Whom I initially thought was that Frost man from the ITV weather.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
why did I think this was the make up brand 😕

- Cling film (never got over it)
- ET the film. (Get to fuck saying that goblin/child thing was friendly)

- washing lines (never got over it)

- Charles Haughey

- Halloween (anyone remember the live paranormal investigation shows they used to do?) I also hated wearing big bags because of static.

- the school building when everyone was gone home or at the weekend. (I assume I was there for a reason and if not I’ve repressed some amount of shit I’m not bothered unpacking)
Throw in chalk and chalkboards while we’re here, and the free milk cartons 😰 that you KNOW will burst in your bag. Although I did like the strawberry ones so scratch that.

- motorways, also country roads when you had 24 cousins in a car with no seatbelts and you were hitting 80.

- the fact cars had no seatbelts and easily fit a family of 12, Not a fear then but WOW what was that about 😂
I’m going off topic. 😐

• Haha

Gold_7

Chatty Member
The theme tune to Panorama

Bucks Fizz song - land of make believe

The Stranglers song- Golden Brown

A couple of books: Childen of the Dust (nuclear war) Grinny (aliens)

Saddam Hussein in the early 90s/ Gulf Crisis - I was convinced her would start world war 3 (see above)

The witch in the Ladybird classic version of Rapunzel - the dad getting caught in the witches garden 😨

An episode of the Moomins where the snow queen comes (I think?)

37BBL

VIP Member
I was terrified of loads as a kid. My sibling was the tough ballsy one and I was the wimp.

The flying dog in never ending story.

The rain (!) I would worry it wouldn't stop and we would all be flooded. I used to write notes to God asking him to stop the rain!

Car or house alarms, I had a fear they would never stop. I still actually have this now if our house alarm plays up in a power cut.

Our family cat attempting to come and sit on my knee. I was scared she would do that thing where they pad around for ages before sitting down and she would hurt me. Kid you not, if she jumped on the sofa i would grab a cushion as quick as a flash to protect myself 🤣

Car washes, I thought they would malfunction and I would be stuck in there forever.

Walking over bridges.

The millennium. Thought we were all gonna die.

The video for stay by Shakespeare sisters.

I had a lot of moments as a kid where I thought if I did something, nothing bad woulf happen. So I would make myself tell my parents they were the best, tidy my room etc.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

totallytaz

Chatty Member
I don't know why I was scared of it 🤷‍♀️
View attachment 191113
Hell yes. Wake up early to hear “beeeeeep beep beep beep beep beeeeeep...” and have that in your face.

I also got scared when programmes were interrupted with some voiceover saying they were experiencing technical difficulties and will try to resume the programme as soon as possible.

Wishwash

The film "The Secret of NiMH" because of that horrible owl thing covered in cob webs.

The film "all dogs go to heaven" - I think the part where he goes to hell.

That Disney film fantasia with the demon on the mountain.

I think I had a lot of issues with the concept of going to hell

Bigfoot - I saw a documentary on channel 5 about it and used to have nightmares about the footage of bigfoot walking through the trees and looking at the camera.

I distinctly recall praying at night and asking God to not let Bigfoot get me 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

Heyguysswipeup

VIP Member
Oh my. Not laughing at you being scared but what scared you is quite funny. Hysterical that you were happy when MJ died.
dont worry, you can laugh.. I laugh at me looking back 😂 I’m trying to think of other things I was scared of.

i was scared of the song ‘we’re walking in the air’ it’s so spooky!
I was scared of the Simpson’s Halloween specials 😂
I was terrified of the strimmer (when cutting hedges) as I thought they were wasps trying to sting me 😂

I swear I’m normal now!

• Haha
  • Heart