Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
dont worry, you can laugh.. I laugh at me looking back 😂 I’m trying to think of other things I was scared of.

i was scared of the song ‘we’re walking in the air’ it’s so spooky!
I was scared of the Simpson’s Halloween specials 😂
I was terrified of the strimmer (when cutting hedges) as I thought they were wasps trying to sting me 😂

I swear I’m normal now!
I used to be scared of the microwave 🤦🏼‍♀️ No idea why but my Nan and mum used to have to hide theirs with tea towels 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was very specifically terrified of the noise the landline makes when you don't hang up properly. That high pitched siren sound! I used to have to get someone else to hang up the phone if that started playing because I was too scared to get close to the phone 🙄

• Haha

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
Pinhead from the Hellraiser movies

The Candyman

An episode of Strange but True about 2 girls who were possessed by a spirit who’s name was Bill, apparently. They played a hideous recording of the voice of Bill and it was horrible.

flushing the toilet at night. No idea why.

the thought of being chased or abducted.

Kam2243

Crime Watch! After watching people get burgled, raped, strangled, car jacked, kidnapped they chime in with - don't have nightmares 🤣🥴😳 the ones in the 90s were the worst I swear!

Also the program 999 rescue (I think it was called) with Michael Burke used to scare me to death.

The animated cartoon Animal Farm

Brothers Grimm fairy stories! I must dig them out for my youngest ready to frighten him to death too 🤣🤣

The storyline in prisoner cell block H where they got trapped underground gave me sweaty palms and nightmares. I shouldn't have been watching it at that time of night but my nana used to let me😄
There was a 999 where a girl got her hair stuck in a swimming pool filter/pump in a leisure centre, I remember the life guard saying “I was taking 2 breaths one for me and one for her”. Haven’t let my kids swim with their hair down ever!

And London’s Burning! There was an episode where a boy kicked a football into a substation and his sister went to get it. I seem to vaguely remember seeing the “body” and smoke. Terrifying.

• Wow
  • Sad

totallytaz

Chatty Member
I had an irrational fear about what would happen to me if I didn’t get back to the lounge from the upstairs loo before the flush finished 😂😂
I can definitely relate to giving myself “if I don’t make it in time” scenarios. I still do that in adulthood.

• Haha

bookwormbex

KISS

i remember seeing them on TV and I would scream and cry myself into panic attacks.

They don't bother me at all now - I wonder what my problem was 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
The Moomins used to creep me out massively, especially Little My. I used to think she was going to come and get me in my sleep 😂🤦‍♀️

• Haha

bunnyboo

VIP Member
The teletubbies scared the shit out of me.

The whole microphones coming up out of the ground and listening to them freaked me out. I used to hide behind the couch. Their hoover 'NooNoo' was a creepy piece of tech, and the televisions in their stomaches was unsettling.

It's really funny because now I work in tech myself and I'm painfully aware of how smart home devices are monitoring us (I design artificial intelligence lol).

• Haha
  • Wow

Rainbow1

VIP Member
I was quite a fearless child in fact I think im more scared of things now as an adult but the film The Witches honestly scared the crap out of me as a child. The part where they take their faces off especially the grand high witch was just too much for young me even now im not keen on the film
I watched this not so long ago and can’t believe it’s a children’s film 🤣

Walking over bridges stays with me to this day, I get scared my legs will go maverick and walk off the bridge.
I’m like that with platforms at train stations

Pinhead from the Hellraiser movies

The Candyman

An episode of Strange but True about 2 girls who were possessed by a spirit who’s name was Bill, apparently. They played a hideous recording of the voice of Bill and it was horrible.

flushing the toilet at night. No idea why.

the thought of being chased or abducted.
I’m still scared of flushing the toilet at night. As a kid I used to think someone would get me whilst the toilet was flushing and no one would hear me shouting for help. Also my boyfriend always leaves the shower curtain pulled on, I go mad because I’m scared someone will jump out 😂

• Haha

lasttime

I was terrified of road sweepers as a kid always thought I'd accidentally get sucked into one if I walked past it 😂
Also those big car transporters, they still freak me out though, always waiting for a car to just slide off the back of them.

• Haha

LittleMy

VIP Member
The theme tune to Panorama

Bucks Fizz song - land of make believe

The Stranglers song- Golden Brown

A couple of books: Childen of the Dust (nuclear war) Grinny (aliens)

Saddam Hussein in the early 90s/ Gulf Crisis - I was convinced her would start world war 3 (see above)

The witch in the Ladybird classic version of Rapunzel - the dad getting caught in the witches garden 😨

An episode of the Moomins where the snow queen comes (I think?)
Oh god, I was terrified of the Ladybird classic version of Rumplestiltskin. Used to creep me the eff out!