Things that frightened you as a child

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to be very afraid of the dark. My family had to leave the bathroom light on when I went to bed.

Reactions: 2
I was a crazy child. I found it really difficult to differentiate reality from fiction so I wasn’t really allowed to watch cartoons if they were creepy. I had to go to a psychologist and everything!

- michael Jackson - I thought he was hiding in my wardrobe.. I was so happy when he died 😂
- The theme tune to the X Files
- does anyone remember the Guinness book of records? And they had the 2 hairy brothers who had hair all over their body? That terrified me, I remember drawing them when I had to go see a psychiatrist 😂
- my parents watched a documentary on the Cleveland shooting which the song ‘I don’t like Monday’s’ is based on, I couldn’t listen to that song for years without crying and being freaked out

I’m so glad I grew out of those fears

• Haha
Reactions: 8
anyone who grew up in the 90s and watched 'courage the cowardly dog'? That was rather creepy and dark for a cartoon!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was a crazy child. I found it really difficult to differentiate reality from fiction so I wasn’t really allowed to watch cartoons if they were creepy. I had to go to a psychologist and everything!

- michael Jackson - I thought he was hiding in my wardrobe.. I was so happy when he died 😂
- The theme tune to the X Files
- does anyone remember the Guinness book of records? And they had the 2 hairy brothers who had hair all over their body? That terrified me, I remember drawing them when I had to go see a psychiatrist 😂
- my parents watched a documentary on the Cleveland shooting which the song ‘I don’t like Monday’s’ is based on, I couldn’t listen to that song for years without crying and being freaked out

I’m so glad I grew out of those fears
Oh my. Not laughing at you being scared but what scared you is quite funny. Hysterical that you were happy when MJ died.

Reactions: 6
Yes! Wasn’t it a boy who went to get it and he said something like ‘Dont worry, I’ll get it for you!’ It was the saddest and scariest thing I’d ever seen on TV at that age

I’m sure there’s one where some kids where throwing around a girls doll and it landed on top and an electric box. I’m sure one of the kids went to get it and was electrocuted. I could then never understand why some of my peers would climb into the barricaded electric box thingy, but they were never harmed.

Reactions: 4
Oh my. Not laughing at you being scared but what scared you is quite funny. Hysterical that you were happy when MJ died.
dont worry, you can laugh.. I laugh at me looking back 😂 I’m trying to think of other things I was scared of.

i was scared of the song ‘we’re walking in the air’ it’s so spooky!
I was scared of the Simpson’s Halloween specials 😂
I was terrified of the strimmer (when cutting hedges) as I thought they were wasps trying to sting me 😂

I swear I’m normal now!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
dont worry, you can laugh.. I laugh at me looking back 😂 I’m trying to think of other things I was scared of.

i was scared of the song ‘we’re walking in the air’ it’s so spooky!
I was scared of the Simpson’s Halloween specials 😂
I was terrified of the strimmer (when cutting hedges) as I thought they were wasps trying to sting me 😂

I swear I’m normal now!
I used to be scared of the microwave 🤦🏼‍♀️ No idea why but my Nan and mum used to have to hide theirs with tea towels 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I used to be scared of the microwave 🤦🏼‍♀️ No idea why but my Nan and mum used to have to hide theirs with tea towels 😂
hahaahha.

There was a shoe shop in our town that we went to when I was a kid, the owner was an older gentleman. Well, apparently for some reason I was terrified of him and he would hide in the back of the shop when I went there as otherwise I would be hysterically crying. Poor man. LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Crime Watch! After watching people get burgled, raped, strangled, car jacked, kidnapped they chime in with - don't have nightmares 🤣🥴😳 the ones in the 90s were the worst I swear!

Also the program 999 rescue (I think it was called) with Michael Burke used to scare me to death.

The animated cartoon Animal Farm

Brothers Grimm fairy stories! I must dig them out for my youngest ready to frighten him to death too 🤣🤣

The storyline in prisoner cell block H where they got trapped underground gave me sweaty palms and nightmares. I shouldn't have been watching it at that time of night but my nana used to let me😄
I used to watch prisoner cell block H with my nana too, when I really shouldn’t of 🤣

dolls and they still do creep me out but I have a little girl who’s room is full of them so slowly getting over it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I was scared of Warwick Davies in Willow! No idea why.. i think it must have been the first time I ever saw a little person and for some reason it frightened me! Maybe I was onto something as he lives local and I know a couple of people who've had encounters with him and both say he's not a nice person at all..
My children met him and he was lovely but this was at a comic con so he might have been putting it on 😆

I was quite a fearless child in fact I think im more scared of things now as an adult but the film The Witches honestly scared the crap out of me as a child. The part where they take their faces off especially the grand high witch was just too much for young me even now im not keen on the film
I watched this not so long ago and can’t believe it’s a children’s film 🤣

Reactions: 9
I was terrified of Triffids despite never having seen the film 'the day of the triffids' 😂😂😂

Also aliens of any form. 😬😬😬

Reactions: 4
The book ‘Burglar Bill’

I used to make sure it was hidden in middle of book shelf so I couldn’t see front cover 🤣

C0521E82-5A71-4EE9-9259-10C02D2D0A8F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I was terrified of road sweepers as a kid always thought I'd accidentally get sucked into one if I walked past it 😂
Also those big car transporters, they still freak me out though, always waiting for a car to just slide off the back of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Maggie Thatcher .I asked my dad is she the Queen ,he said she bleeping well thinks she is ! She scared me so much with those sharp teeth and hooded wyes
Sorry for the language don't know if swearing allowed .Only quoting my dad