Things in life that have just quietly disappeared #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a thing but a person- remember when everyone used to go on about the model Agyness Deyn? She was everywhere in 2008 or so with all the other ‘cool Brit females’ of that time like Adele, Duffy, Amy Winehouse etc . Every mag or TV show seemed to have her popping up then was caught lying about her age but now nothing!

Reactions: 17
Agyness Deyn has quietly disappeared, she was everywhere but according to a quick google I learn she's pregnant again.

Reactions: 4
Sorry I haven't read through the whole thread so I dont know if these have been mentioned but Spira chocolate bars!! These were always my favourite.

Reactions: 10
Oh yeah what happened to Agy Deyn! Even people like daisy lowe fell under the radar too

Reactions: 1
Not a thing but a person- remember when everyone used to go on about the model Agyness Deyn? She was everywhere in 2008 or so with all the other ‘cool Brit females’ of that time like Adele, Duffy, Amy Winehouse etc . Every mag or TV show seemed to have her popping up then was caught lying about her age but now nothing!
I'm sure she does the spoken word bit at the start of the 'We found love's song Rihanna sings. Mind, that was a few years ago now

Reactions: 1
The Yellow Pages. I have two editions of the Yellow Pages, one from the year 2000 which is thicker than a volume of Encyclopedia Britannica. And the very last issue, which is as small and thick as a place mat.

Reactions: 5
Local newspapers, two of my local papers just slipped away years ago.

We now have a local magazine, which seems to be getting thinner by the month.

Reactions: 5
Argos catalogues 😥
I never thought much of the Argos catalogue going until this week when I asked my kids what they wanted for their birthdays. Luckily Smyths toys sent their catalog out so my job is now easier going through looking for things that have been circled and initialled.

Reactions: 4
OMG she was married to the actor who played Phoebe’s brother in Friends?! New info to me!
Yes, I think she had quite a bad time of it whilst married to him. He's a hardcore Scientologist. She was literally everywhere for a year or so, then disappeared as quickly as she arrived. I guess her husband's 'religion' played a part in that.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Dorling Kindersley encyclopedia and atlas books for kids.

This was the equivalent of the Internet back in the day and is where I first learnt what sex was for 😅

Reactions: 7
Blimps in the sky. I remember standing on the school playground as a kid and every week I’d see an advertising blimp in the distance. Can’t remember the last time I saw one recently.

Reactions: 7
There was a music channel where people submitted their own videos of themselves lip synching to songs.
I'm gonna say it was around 2007, as the most common song I remember seeing was Grace Kelly by Mika.

There was also Starz TV where people sent in texts and it showed up on the screen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11