Things in life that have just quietly disappeared #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but the mini tubes of Pringles! They went down a treat in my children’s lunch boxes 😊

Reactions: 4
Pot "bleeping" pourri.

Chemically pongy lurid coloured lumps of unidentified matter.
Everyones mum had bowls/wheel barrows full of the stuff in the 90's.
Middle class types used it instead of gravel for their drives and patio surrounds it was so ubiquitous.
Maybe it's still popular though tbf.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Pot "bleeping" pourri.

Chemically pongy lurid coloured lumps of unidentified matter.
Everyones mum had bowls/wheel barrows full of the stuff in the 90's.
Middle class types used it instead of gravel for their drives and patio surrounds it was so ubiquitous.
Maybe it's still popular though tbf.
God it did seem to be everywhere in the 90s when i was a child didn't it, was this just a UK thing or was it also elsewhere?

Reactions: 3
Good question.
I'm still finding bits of it stuck in stuff 25 years later.
It's like Carbon 14. It takes 12 000 years to degrade.
Probably a Carcinogen and been outlawed by now.

There was also a chemical spray you could spray on the existing pot pourri to make it even ranker IIRC.

• Haha
a/ Reasonably/realistically priced residential lettings.

b/ Something called "New skin".

It was like a superglue/clear sterile resin/Lucite you put in small (ish) cuts. It sealed the wound and kept it sterile/packed till you unpeeled it later. It would then re open the wound but it got you through till days end.
IIRC it was/is based on combat dressings from the Vietnam war era. They did actualy use superglue/crazy glue on wounds on occasion there and it's a development from that I recall reading somewhere.
I used to do a lot of heavy manual work and this stuff saved me from repeatedly bleeding out over everything. It was marvellous. I'd buy a vat if I could. You could just buy it anywhere OTC. A fiver a bottle.
Don't know why it disappeared tbh. It was very efficacious.

It was like a superglue/clear sterile resin/Lucite you put in small (ish) cuts. It sealed the wound and kept it sterile/packed till you unpeeled it later. It would then re open the wound but it got you through till days end.
IIRC it was/is based on combat dressings from the Vietnam war era. They did actualy use superglue/crazy glue on wounds on occasion there and it's a development from that I recall reading somewhere.
I used to do a lot of heavy manual work and this stuff saved me from repeatedly bleeding out over everything. It was marvellous. I'd buy a vat if I could. You could just buy it anywhere OTC. A fiver a bottle.
Liquid plasters. I get them from amazon

Reactions: 1
Good question.
I'm still finding bits of it stuck in stuff 25 years later.
It's like Carbon 14. It takes 12 000 years to degrade.
Probably a Carcinogen and been outlawed by now.

There was also a chemical spray you could spray on the existing pot pourri to make it even ranker IIRC.
I guess it has been replaced by scented candles which seem to be everywhere now.
In a few years it'll probably transpire that pot pourri is basically like asbestos or something 🤣
---

I got some stickers like this from my chemist when I badly cut my hand recently, insane you could actually see the cut closing up before your eyes!

I guess it has been replaced by scented candles which seem to be everywhere now.
In a few years it'll probably transpire that pot pourri is basically like asbestos or something 🤣
---

I got some stickers like this from my chemist when I badly cut my hand recently, insane you could actually see the cut closing up before your eyes!
My mum reckoned Pot Pourri held the key to eternal life. Put it on everything.
"Mum-Grans dead!"
"I'll just cover her in pot Pourri and she'll come back to life in a bit!"

Scented candles will prove to be the next long term health hazard/fad IMO.

I'll admit to being delighted over the liquid plaster thing. I just kept fixating on the brand name "new skin" clearly to my detriment.
The key will be if it's as good/strong as the old stuff.

--

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My mum reckoned Pot Pourri held the key to eternal life. Put it on everything.
"Mum-Grans dead!"
"I'll just cover her in pot Pourri and she'll come back to life in a bit!"

Scented candles will prove to be the next long term health hazard/fad IMO.

I'll admit to being delighted over the liquid plaster thing. I just kept fixating on the brand name "new skin" clearly to my detriment.
The key will be if it's as good/strong as the old stuff.

--
Yeh I don't think it can be go for you to have things burning everywhere can it? I have loads that I've got as presents but with 2 cats using candles seems too dangerous 🤣

• Haha
I've just blanked stuff that still exists!
Did the same thing with Wagon wheels and Blue Ribands. Don't understand the "Riband" bit though tbf.
Gammon apocalypse etc.

These haven't disappeared but they were more of a thing in the 90's and I like them.
Once you "see" the pattern you get a sense of self gratification like you're in a select group or something. I do at least. I have quite low expectations of stuff.

I was going to post one here but it might break the boards formatting/different monitor resolutions/gamma settings. I also don't know if they could trrigger something like Migraines?

Anyway if you've never had a go I think they're cool tbh.

• Heart
One day coconut Boost chocolate bars (red wrapper) existed, then they didn’t.

These haven't disappeared but they were more of a thing in the 90's and I like them.
Once you "see" the pattern you get a sense of self gratification like you're in a select group or something. I do at least. I have quite low expectations of stuff.

I was going to post one here but it might break the boards formatting/different monitor resolutions/gamma settings. I also don't know if they could trrigger something like Migraines?

Anyway if you've never had a go I think they're cool tbh.

Magic Eye books! I remember these being everywhere

Half a pound of butter!

Anchor and Lurpak have reduced their pack sizes from 250g to 200g whilst keeping the price the same. No doubt the rest will follow suit and “half a pound“ of butter will be no more.
(and yes I do know 250g is not exactly half a pound of butter but it was nearer than 200g)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Milky Way Crispy Rolls are back. They have a slightly different packaging and don't taste as nice as before.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but the mini tubes of Pringles! They went down a treat in my children’s lunch boxes 😊
My local Spar has them! But I haven't seen them in bigger supermarkets for years!

• Heart
They often have them in smaller supermarkets near offices that do lots of meal deals