Things in life that have just quietly disappeared #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Politicians that had the decency to resign when they were caught up to no good, or just being terrible at being politicians.

Also writing and sending postcards.
A couple of my family members use online/app services which take a photograph off their phone of their kid on the beach or whatever, and send a physical postcard through the mail to us. It's really nice to receive.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
This might be an odd one, but years ago I noticed that suddenly ambulances were no longer white and were yellow 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Kids tv on the telly from half 3 till tea time then Rhubarb and Custard !!! Blue Peter as a tv studio show... no more... Found it to watch on iplayer to my class last week... It's rubbish...like a web shorter version😫😫

Reactions: 9
Kids tv on the telly from half 3 till tea time then Rhubarb and Custard !!! Blue Peter as a tv studio show... no more... Found it to watch on iplayer to my class last week... It's rubbish...like a web shorter version😫😫
i said this on another thread! also the educational primary school programmes that were on all day on daytime tv, i dont see any anymore?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes!!! There was a BBC prog letters and sounds!!! I 've been teaching 14 yrs I remember on my yr 1 teaching placementin teacher training wheeling the school tv on its trolley to the class to watch it mid morning, before interactive whiteboards , internet and iPlayer in svhools!!😆😆!! Before it was bloody renamed phonics and we said what sound does that letter mske... Instead of "what phoneme is that?" .. We used to say sound the word out to get to have a go at spelling acword. .. NoW it's " segment it" I miss the old common sense teaching days 😫

Reactions: 9
Ham + cheese hotpockets. Rip.

I used to steal my mums when she had gone to work (i wasn't allowed microwave food apparently) and then convince her she had gone mental when she would ask where her hotpockets had gone 🤣🤣

• Haha
Anyone remember those beaded car seat covers everyone used to have in the 90s? You never see them anymore. They were supposed to be massaging I think, they looked bloody uncomfortable.
Also those weird black rubber strips people used to hang from their rear bumper to get rid of static, they’ve disappeared too.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Anyone remember those beaded car seat covers everyone used to have in the 90s? You never see them anymore. They were supposed to be massaging I think, they looked bloody uncomfortable.
Also those weird black rubber strips people used to hang from their rear bumper to get rid of static, they’ve disappeared too.
And sun strip banners with the driver’s name on (and partner’s).

Eating food whilst it's still hot. Now it's all "let me take a photo first" at various angles for "the gram".

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Fruit salad sweets and rhubarb and custards... Aldi are selling bottles of sweet flavoured fizzy drinks!!!! Drinking fizzy rhubarb and Custard with bit if gin thrown in!!!😆

Watching dvds!!! I 've got a wall of the in my lounge mainly my 24 yr old daughters from her childhood... The days of her writing DVD wish list for crimbo and birthday long gone😥

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Fruit salad sweets and rhubarb and custards... Aldi are selling bottles of sweet flavoured fizzy drinks!!!! Drinking fizzy rhubarb and Custard with bit if gin thrown in!!!😆

Watching dvds!!! I 've got a wall of the in my lounge mainly my 24 yr old daughters from her childhood... The days of her writing DVD wish list for crimbo and birthday long gone😥
I bought fruit salad sweets the other day! but the ones in a tube type shape, not the rectangular ones. They taste slightly different as are softer, not as nice but still yum!

Eating food whilst it's still hot. Now it's all "let me take a photo first" at various angles for "the gram".
I went out with a guy for a while that did this, not only fotos but whole videos of him describing what he was eating (he was from a different country and would describe in his language). It was so annoying just sitting there waiting, I find it so pathetic and it means so much food now is just made to look good rather than focusing on taste IMO

Reactions: 2
I bought fruit salad sweets the other day! but the ones in a tube type shape, not the rectangular ones. They taste slightly different as are softer, not as nice but still yum!

I went out with a guy for a while that did this, not only fotos but whole videos of him describing what he was eating (he was from a different country and would describe in his language). It was so annoying just sitting there waiting, I find it so pathetic and it means so much food now is just made to look good rather than focusing on taste IMO
Isn't it?! One of my friends rearranges our plates to get the perfect picture. I always feel like a melon in the pub/restaurant when the flash goes off. Nobody cares what you're eating or drinking 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Isn't it?! One of my friends rearranges our plates to get the perfect picture. I always feel like a melon in the pub/restaurant when the flash goes off. Nobody cares what you're eating or drinking 🤣
I've literally seen people standing on chairs in cafes to get fotos of their food from the table, I don't get how they don't feel embarassed!!

• Haha
Peter Kay has one in car share .

Annual pay rises :(

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4