Things in life that have just quietly disappeared #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As there has been mention of glue.. do kids still paint their whole hands with PVA glue to peel it off these days?
It was so oddly satisfying after an art lesson ๐Ÿ˜
I think "influencers" and 5 minute crafts are now using it to remove blackheads!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Solvent abuse and The Lowdown- get ready for a double nostalgia hit ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

The Lowdown was great for not shying away from delivering hard hitting topics to kids in a non patronising way.

Potato Puffs.... open the bag tip straight into your mouth ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Normal looking bums.... ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
OMG, we had those in our primary school tuck shop in the 80s!
Some of the โ€puffsโ€ were bloody sharp though and hurt your mouth! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Aren't they cat toys? Lol
I have no idea! When I think of all the random things from the 80's and 90's though, it could totally be a thing. After all who knew Scatch would catch on or that thing you threw that was a tennis ball with a tail (in like a lurid highlighter coloured sock) - you had to swing it round your head before you threw it ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

I was given one of those ferret things maybe around 1986? My mum probably got it at East Street market in London. ๐Ÿ™„ :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
The general public having brains and able to do something without the media telling them what is.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Those little ferret things attached to a ball that moved around on their own.. what were they even about ๐Ÿ™ˆ
does anyone remember The Gadget Shop? they used to sell things like this (as well as inflatable furniture) iin late 90s esrly 2000s

Reactions: 25
Those little ferret things attached to a ball that moved around on their own.. what were they even about ๐Ÿ™ˆ
That has just reminded of those fluffy worm things on a string that you would wrap around your arms and stuff. They were always sold in gift shops like the Sealife centre and stuff.

Reactions: 12
Potato Puffs.... open the bag tip straight into your mouth ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Normal looking bums.... ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
I loved these. Burtons wonโ€™t bring them back as they got rid of the special machine used to make them apparently.

I've been inspired by this thread and found and received this from eBay today and am ridiculously happy :ROFLMAO: , (Japan were before my time (this is from 1982) but they're a fav) the adverts inside are almost the best bits! I'd love to collect them all with my favourite bands in (it's absolutely possible but way too much ยฃยฃยฃยฃ).

I have a huge pile of Smash Hits as a kid. Wish I still had them.

• Sad
Is it just me or does nobody buy tacky souvenirs anymore? I remember going on holiday as a kid and having to buy castanets or dolls in national dress for my mates or the next door neighbour bringing us back a hideous piece of tack, usually a key holder with a thermometer shaped as a Spanish guitar, to say thanks for looking after her cat. Iโ€™m guessing itโ€™s since the advent of budget airlines and travel becoming more accessible and not a novelty any more (well obviously pre Corona).

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Is it just me or does nobody buy tacky souvenirs anymore? I remember going on holiday as a kid and having to buy castanets or dolls in national dress for my mates or the next door neighbour bringing us back a hideous piece of tack, usually a key holder with a thermometer shaped as a Spanish guitar, to say thanks for looking after her cat. Iโ€™m guessing itโ€™s since the advent of budget airlines and travel becoming more accessible and not a novelty any more (well obviously pre Corona).
Haha yes it doesnโ€™t seem as common anymore, but I do still buy myself a magnet for each place I visit ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Reactions: 8
Also writing and sending postcards.

• Sad
Reactions: 9