Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

marlaxo

I remember as well as the frufoo yogurt there was another one called 'Sprinklez' or something and it was a red and white yogurt pot with a clear plastic lid that had hundreds and thousands or sugar shapes in, and you mixed them with your strawberry yogurt. Loved them!!! i'm going through the old argos books now :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Williams Wish Wellingtons. It was about a boy who had these red wellies that were magic and granted his wishes. They don’t make shows like that anymore.

Also Penny Crayon and Charlie Chalk.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

emm

VIP Member
Those little ferret things attached to a ball that moved around on their own.. what were they even about 🙈
does anyone remember The Gadget Shop? they used to sell things like this (as well as inflatable furniture) iin late 90s esrly 2000s

Reactions: 25

flamingo29

Chatty Member
As there has been mention of glue.. do kids still paint their whole hands with PVA glue to peel it off these days?
It was so oddly satisfying after an art lesson 😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Saw a three wheeler car today. Haven’t seen one of them in probably over a decade.

also... weird but... glue sniffing, as a school kid we were made to believe this was a huge problem and that we would be offered to sniff from a dirty brown bag at some point in our lives and warned of the dangers. Maybe it was big in the 90s 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24

flamingo29

Chatty Member
Nickelodeon used to have some great tv shows...
Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Kenan & Kel, Sabrina, Sister Sister, Saved by the Bell, The Wild Thornberrys, Doug, The secret world of Alex Mack and Are you afraid of the dark to name a few..
Wish they would have a throwback day and play all of these!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
Anyone remember those beaded car seat covers everyone used to have in the 90s? You never see them anymore. They were supposed to be massaging I think, they looked bloody uncomfortable.
Also those weird black rubber strips people used to hang from their rear bumper to get rid of static, they’ve disappeared too.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

emm

VIP Member
i dont know if anyone mentioned this already but kit kats jn foil! so much morr satisfying to open!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Trolleydollycoffeelover

Not a thing but a person- remember when everyone used to go on about the model Agyness Deyn? She was everywhere in 2008 or so with all the other ‘cool Brit females’ of that time like Adele, Duffy, Amy Winehouse etc . Every mag or TV show seemed to have her popping up then was caught lying about her age but now nothing!

Reactions: 17

flamingo29

Chatty Member
Did any one else play the Magic School Bus on the PC where they went into outer space..

Oh and Petz, I used to play that on the PC too

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Trolleydollycoffeelover

Is it just me or does nobody buy tacky souvenirs anymore? I remember going on holiday as a kid and having to buy castanets or dolls in national dress for my mates or the next door neighbour bringing us back a hideous piece of tack, usually a key holder with a thermometer shaped as a Spanish guitar, to say thanks for looking after her cat. I’m guessing it’s since the advent of budget airlines and travel becoming more accessible and not a novelty any more (well obviously pre Corona).

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Actual photos!! I remember taking cameras on nights out when I was younger but would upload them to Facebook instead of printing them now all my photos are on my phone and if I lost it or anything happened to my Facebook I would lose them all!!

I also notice when looking through family photos from the 80’s, 90’s and early 00’s how lovely it is seeing photos of people enjoying themselves, unposed and candid and if it was posed they were taken from a distance. Honestly the only photos I have with my friends are all very posed and usually a selfie, who wants to look through photos of selfies! We would go mental if someone took a photo without us knowing and having time to pose or get a good angle

• Heart
Reactions: 13