Things in life that have just quietly disappeared #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yes it was shaped like a UFO, they were always second best to me to a sprinkles yogurt! I could just put some sprinkles in my petit filous but its not the same somehow!
Oh my, just got nostalgic feelings about those. My Nan used to buy me one every Friday when I stayed there haha. I feel sad now 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Root Beer at Macdonald's, during the 90's Root Beer was phased out, I was not happy.

Since it was phased out getting Root Beer was next to impossible, I did find a newsagents that sold it for a while, now days I can get some from my local supermarket.

Reactions: 2
Nickelodeon used to have some great tv shows...
Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Kenan & Kel, Sabrina, Sister Sister, Saved by the Bell, The Wild Thornberrys, Doug, The secret world of Alex Mack and Are you afraid of the dark to name a few..
Wish they would have a throwback day and play all of these!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I've been inspired by this thread and found and received this from eBay today and am ridiculously happy :ROFLMAO: , (Japan were before my time (this is from 1982) but they're a fav) the adverts inside are almost the best bits! I'd love to collect them all with my favourite bands in (it's absolutely possible but way too much ££££).

s-l1600.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've been inspired by this thread and found and received this from eBay today and am ridiculously happy :ROFLMAO: , (Japan were before my time (this is from 1982) but they're a fav) the adverts inside are almost the best bits! I'd love to collect them all with my favourite bands in (it's absolutely possible but way too much ££££).

s-l1600.jpg
haha amazing! you should look kn vintage markets they often have vintage magazines, in greenwich there are 2at weekends (or also the "junk shop" actual name, also there)

• Heart

s-l1600.jpg
Smash Hits used to be so cool, I used to get it every week back in the 80's.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
PC games were the best. I loved Theme Hospital/Park and the original Sims
LOVED these games. I also loved Sim City - which I had been playing from a very young child when it was all basic on the Atari.

Theme Hospital - enjoys fart surfing and stinks of old cabbages was one of the descriptions of the janitors. I'll never forget it because I used to use the phrase to describe people I didnt like 🤣

Reactions: 4
Saw a three wheeler car today. Haven’t seen one of them in probably over a decade.

also... weird but... glue sniffing, as a school kid we were made to believe this was a huge problem and that we would be offered to sniff from a dirty brown bag at some point in our lives and warned of the dangers. Maybe it was big in the 90s 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Saw a three wheeler car today. Haven’t seen one of them in probably over a decade.

also... weird but... glue sniffing, as a school kid we were made to believe this was a huge problem and that we would be offered to sniff from a dirty brown bag at some point in our lives and warned of the dangers. Maybe it was big in the 90s 😂
the glue sniffing thing reminds me of something from byker grove i think ?? 😂

I went to school in the 90s too and remember this. Solvent abuse was quite big back then I believe, I also remember our school tried to unsuccessfully make us all use roll ons, many of the kids from my school would spray a vast amount of their deodorant into the cap or their sleeves and inhale it. Personally I didn't as I was terrified. My late mum was a raver see, so always had so many horror stories to share about drugs and solvent abuse.

Speaking of which a good old rave has disappeared. I used to work on the door on some old skool revival ones around 15 years ago and wishing I was born earlier so I could have been around to enjoy the 90s rave scene in its hey day. It looks a scream! I can only imagine what todays raves must look like. I bet gone are the days of people throwing their arms around strangers telling them they love them and enjoying the music. I bet it's all people raving into their phones now.

Reactions: 6
I went to school in the 90s too and remember this. Solvent abuse was quite big back then I believe, I also remember our school tried to unsuccessfully make us all use roll ons, many of the kids from my school would spray a vast amount of their deodorant into the cap or their sleeves and inhale it. Personally I didn't as I was terrified. My late mum was a raver see, so always had so many horror stories to share about drugs and solvent abuse.

Speaking of which a good old rave has disappeared. I used to work on the door on some old skool revival ones around 15 years ago and wishing I was born earlier so I could have been around to enjoy the 90s rave scene in its hey day. It looks a scream! I can only imagine what todays raves must look like. I bet gone are the days of people throwing their arms around strangers telling them they love them and enjoying the music. I bet it's all people raving into their phones now.
Raves definitely do still exist! Probably not quite the same as the 90s heyday but definitely not the same as what you see in mainstream nightclubs etc (aka - loads of people on their phones and posing). I do wish I’d been old enough to go out in the early 90s though cos everything is very regulated and safe now 😂

• Heart
Raves definitely do still exist! Probably not quite the same as the 90s heyday but definitely not the same as what you see in mainstream nightclubs etc (aka - loads of people on their phones and posing). I do wish I’d been old enough to go out in the early 90s though cos everything is very regulated and safe now 😂
yeh in lockdown there have even been lots

As there has been mention of glue.. do kids still paint their whole hands with PVA glue to peel it off these days?
It was so oddly satisfying after an art lesson 😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Public telephone kiosks. They were a familiar sight, dotted around our towns and cities. I'm not talking about the red K6 phone boxes, many of them are listed thank goodness. I'm talking about the cheap looking things.

Reactions: 9
Mad magazine, a satirical American publication, available in Britain. It had hilarious parodies of film and television shows, my family used to buy it every week. It disappeared from newstands in 2019, but is still available in comic book stores and online. Who can forget the iconic character Alfred E Neuman, with his catchphrase -
"What me worry!"