TheTimTracker #95 We're Not Late, We're Behind Schedule

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, I went on that thread to see if there were any details to build a better case for this being Lynn. (Sorry for the tit cropping!)
View attachment 1603275
View attachment 1603276
View attachment 1603277
View attachment 1603280

I'm reminded of how we've long suspected Lynn took it up for the travelling aspect as a writer. :unsure:
I went there too. The quote by the Nanny I can't get around is,
"Thank you for bringing this up! I looked, and my state says I should be paid double time after working more then 7 consecutive days."

I can't find anywhere that this part of Florida Nanny rules. If it was I think we'd really have something.

Reactions: 11
Honestly, again humouring this is Lynn, it sounds like she was pretty naive at the start. After researching, turns out, according to her state, she's owed DOUBLE what they're currently paying her AND they haven't provided health insurance. The other nannies in the comments say the vacations and hotels aren't payment, they're what they should be providing from the start anyway if they want her tagging along, AND pay her overtime given she's away from home on double-digit shifts.

She says it's the first family she's ever nannied for and wants to break away to other things too. (Also joked that she seriously considered ghosting them for a while.)
I know it's all "what if" . I hope they're not abusing her time like that poor women is having it abused. What a horrible situation.

Reactions: 10
I went there too. The quote by the Nanny I can't get around is,
"Thank you for bringing this up! I looked, and my state says I should be paid double time after working more then 7 consecutive days."

I can't find anywhere that this part of Florida Nanny rules. If it was I think we'd really have something.
Hmm, you're right! Do you - or anyone out there - know where that 7 day rule'd apply? Maybe this is where the Lynn theory fizzles out.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Very on key of Tim to make a point to say “I’m not sick only Jenn and Jackson are” when he’s headed to an event that night. Don’t pay attention to the fact he’s been coughing, sounds like crap and drinking out of the same cup as his sick wife and sitting within inches of her. He’s not sick so don’t call him out on his bullshit of again going to an event sick!
I came to say this! What are the odds they all have Covid which is why no one is masking? We all know that wouldn’t stop him from going to some event. Did he think we couldn’t see him coughing because he turned his head out of frame? Also, both of their faces looked to be an odd shade of yuck.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Hmm, you're right! Do you - or anyone out there - know where that 7 day rule'd apply? Maybe this is where the Lynn theory fizzles out.
Kind of a bummer. But it's entirely possible the Nanny here might have bad info.

All I have is this - "Household employees in Florida are required to be paid at least time and a half for hours worked over 40 in a seven-day workweek." - but that's admittedly just from skimming Google so could be totally irrelevant.

OMG that really sounds like Stanny Poppins, especially with Gin and JackProp being sick right now. Get out while you can Lyn! It will only get worse with time!

An internet search on double time after 7 consecutive days says it is a rule in California.

It looks like double overtime if you work over 7 consecutive days exists in California. Florida has time and a half overtime, but not double.

Reactions: 9
OMG that really sounds like Stanny Poppins, especially with Gin and JackProp being sick right now. Get out while you can Lyn! It will only get worse with time!
The timing of her being sick and them being sick is compelling.

All I have is this - "Household employees in Florida are required to be paid at least time and a half for hours worked over 40 in a seven-day workweek." - but that's admittedly just from skimming Google so could be totally irrelevant.
Yes, that's kind of what I've been seeing. I was hoping to see the term double time.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Is it possible she may have gotten the wrong information? Huffs copium. As said above, the timing of the illness, the constant travelling, first-time nanny promised one thing and sold another, told going on those trips is payment in itself...One massive coincidence?

• Wow
Reactions: 12
An internet search on double time after 7 consecutive days says it is a rule in California.
The rules in California are insane. Ive done payroll for 20 plus years. California has very specific rules. Anything over 8 hours must be paid at time and a half. Then when they reach 12 hours for the day they must be paid double time. They are the only state that I know of that does this.

Is it possible she may have gotten the wrong information? Huffs copium. As said above, the timing of the illness, the constant travelling, first-time nanny promised one thing and sold another, told going on those trips is payment in itself...One massive coincidence?
It’s an insane coincidence and everything lines up. And as @WTG pointed out, they were in California for, was it 8 days that Jenn said in the live?

The similarities of this Reddit person and Stanny should put some fear in Tim and Jenn. Even if it truly isn’t her. They are absolutely screwed if Stanny bails at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
They all look sick as tit. She has no color to her face. J$ & Timmy have huge dark circles. WTF?

Reactions: 14
Oh my gosh you all have chased this down so fast — I didn’t get around to following all of the nanny’s replies. I debated whether to post it b/c it’s very likely a huge coincidence, but really how many families with a toddler/nanny are traveling this much? It’s a very specific lifestyle that requires flexible work and money but wouldn’t a family like that be savvy enough to have a contract or go through an agency or have a lawyer to review the hiring? Like a celebrity would have a rock solid nanny contract and NDA. So this family seems either intentionally exploitive or clueless themselves to be exposed to this sort of liability.

And if this isn’t Lynn then maybe at least when Jenn/Tim read this they can do a gut check on whether she is being properly paid for all of this work she’s doing (which I do hope she is).

Reactions: 22
Oh my gosh you all have chased this down so fast — I didn’t get around to following all of the nanny’s replies. I debated whether to post it b/c it’s very likely a huge coincidence, but really how many families with a toddler/nanny are traveling this much? It’s a very specific lifestyle that requires flexible work and money but wouldn’t a family like that be savvy enough to have a contract or go through an agency or have a lawyer to review the hiring? Like a celebrity would have a rock solid nanny contract and NDA. So this family seems either intentionally exploitive or clueless themselves to be exposed to this sort of liability.

And if this isn’t Lynn then maybe at least when Jenn/Tim read this they can do a gut check on whether she is being properly paid for all of this work she’s doing (which I do hope she is).
On one hand, I'm like...it's Cali, I'm not surprised there's families out there bouncing around like that, but it just adds up TOO well hopium overdose, especially the timing of being unwell.

Regardless if it is or isn't Lynn, I hope this nanny sticks to her guns, learns her worth and gets the hell out of there!

You know they aren’t paying proper nanny taxes either. The IRS is gonna come for you Bojos

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.