Themepark Worldwide #4 Shawn's gaining, Charlotte's complaining, is it entertaining?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That school uniform hire thing in the Korean parks, bet Alex Crump will be rushing over there now.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Struggling through the Everland vlog. Bloody hell man, edit this crap down! He's been on about 4 rides and the vlog is 70 minutes long, they repeat themselves so much often in consecutive scenes. There is so much that could be reduced down once he's shown the rides and a bit of the layout.

I was interested in seeing these parks as I know so little about what's on offer in Korea but ended up constantly tapping the +10 sec button every time he panned to shot of the big roller coaster and said he couldn't ride it till after 2pm

Reactions: 6
Referring back to his lack of research.
Didn’t take me too long, but the main issue with this Legoland park is more to do with the missed payments made by the developer causing a bigger issue financially in the country and a impacting credit crunch which evidently ripples to the citizens.
The park then had restrictions on opening times so attendance has been pretty poor.
Giving how impressive the Legoland hotel was, so if you are some big time theme park reviewer why did you not stay in it!?!? £€$¥

Reactions: 3
WHHHYYY are they still putting bloody travel vlogs on the theme park channel? They haven't uploaded to the other in 2 weeks where that content usually goes.

Reactions: 1
WHHHYYY are they still putting bloody travel vlogs on the theme park channel? They haven't uploaded to the other in 2 weeks where that content usually goes.
Wonder if he does not realise he logged into the wrong account? 😂
They do mention the park vlog when at the station in Tokyo but not sure if the channel name is said
Maybe he thinks it best or have just the one channel going forward?
TBH watching his mispronunciation of places, zooming in of train tickets and Charlotte sounding like a four year old as soon as the word Disney is mentioned it’s pretty shite viewing!!

Reactions: 4
I found their delight about Korea Legoland being so quiet more than a little distateful. At the beginning they acknowledged the protests outside the park but appeared to be happy to turn a blind eye to this. They also didn't seem to understand why the protests and boycotts were happening, it really isn't just because it's a picturesque area.

I get that this is a theme park channel and they don't talk about politics but I just felt uneasy with the constant gloating about how quiet it was and their excitement for the plans for extension in a park that has caused so much controversy.

Quick heads-up : avoid the Tokyo Dome City vlog at all costs. There are millions more videos on YouTube you can choose instead.

Reactions: 2
I found their delight about Korea Legoland being so quiet more than a little distateful. At the beginning they acknowledged the protests outside the park but appeared to be happy to turn a blind eye to this. They also didn't seem to understand why the protests and boycotts were happening, it really isn't just because it's a picturesque area.

I get that this is a theme park channel and they don't talk about politics but I just felt uneasy with the constant gloating about how quiet it was and their excitement for the plans for extension in a park that has caused so much controversy.
If you don’t want to talk about it, then why include it?

After watching The Kershaws shanghai disneyland vlog I'm not sure i want to watch Shawn's. Gaz puts so much effort in to editing and his vlogs are so much more enjoyable and easy to watch.

In the running for best quote from this trip has to be when Shawn explains how easy it was to get through Japanese customs because they weren't carrying any fruit into Japan. No tit Sherlock. This is the couple that eat donuts for breakfast.

They're tone deaf, as always. They didn't manage to put two and two together considering the other Korean parks they visited were absolutely heaving. Either that or they just don't care, it's all about the coaster credits.

They're tone deaf, as always. They didn't manage to put two and two together considering the other Korean parks they visited were absolutely heaving. Either that or they just don't care, it's all about the coaster credits.
They're always like that.... I can't remember which park last year but he moaned and moaned about a ride being closed / half torn down due to someone being seriously injured- he was more bothered about the fact that he couldn't ride a dangerous ride. I watched it thinking sorry for the poor person who was injured and to think all he cared about was his experience was ruined because of it.

Reactions: 3
They're always like that.... I can't remember which park last year but he moaned and moaned about a ride being closed / half torn down due to someone being seriously injured- he was more bothered about the fact that he couldn't ride a dangerous ride. I watched it thinking sorry for the poor person who was injured and to think all he cared about was his experience was ruined because of it.
Where most of us would think the experience is being improved by stepping up the safety.

Oh dear, he proper sulked at Tokyo Dome :LOL:
Tried to appear upbeat but was obviously pissed off.

I agree but only to a point. Do we really need to hear his uninformed insight on the history of Bronze Age Korea? When he said he had done a bit of 'research' he just means Wikipedia. And to be fair, the locals need to get a grip a bit because the island was only formed in the 60s when a dam was built. Why aren't they protesting that thousands of archaeological items could be underneath water and damaged? From what I can understand from a few Korean sites, the main issue is a proper building to house the artefacts that were found a decade ago has never been built. That's an issue for the local government surely rather than Merlin.

I agree but only to a point. Do we really need to hear his uninformed insight on the history of Bronze Age Korea? When he said he had done a bit of 'research' he just means Wikipedia. And to be fair, the locals need to get a grip a bit because the island was only formed in the 60s when a dam was built. Why aren't they protesting that thousands of archaeological items could be underneath water and damaged? From what I can understand from a few Korean sites, the main issue is a proper building to house the artefacts that were found a decade ago has never been built. That's an issue for the local government surely rather than Merlin.
The issues around Legoland Korea go far further than this. See https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/11/10/legoland-south-korea-bond-market-crisis/

The issues around Legoland Korea go far further than this. See https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/11/10/legoland-south-korea-bond-market-crisis/
All of the issue with the bond market crisis are from 2022 and I couldn't find anything when I looked the other day from more recent (apart from one that mentioned it in passing on the Financial Times) so I don't get how Shawn was going to explain that to TPW viewers. Be serious, he repeats the same phrases all the time because he left school at 16. His insight is non existent and understandably so.

All of the issue with the bond market crisis are from 2022 and I couldn't find anything when I looked the other day from more recent (apart from one that mentioned it in passing on the Financial Times) so I don't get how Shawn was going to explain that to TPW viewers. Be serious, he repeats the same phrases all the time because he left school at 16. His insight is non existent and understandably so.
Totally agree that this is way above his capacity for critical thinking but what I found distateful was that he continually enthusiastically banged on about how great it was that the park was so quiet and the plans for expansion throughout the vlog. Given the political situation and the strength of local feeling I just thought it would have been more appropriate to acknowledge that the park was extremely divisive locally which resulted in the park being so quiet and then just continue with their day.
---
Oh dear, he proper sulked at Tokyo Dome :LOL:
Tried to appear upbeat but was obviously pissed off.
Typical Shawn, the ride he wanted to get a credit for was down so the whole park was deemed the worst park they've ever been too. Despite it also resulting in their favourite moment ever on TPWW on the big wheel singing karaoke.

Totally agree that this is way above his capacity for critical thinking but what I found distateful was that he continually enthusiastically banged on about how great it was that the park was so quiet and the plans for expansion throughout the vlog. Given the political situation and the strength of local feeling I just thought it would have been more appropriate to acknowledge that the park was extremely divisive locally which resulted in the park being so quiet and then just continue with their day.
---

Typical Shawn, the ride he wanted to get a credit for was down so the whole park was deemed the worst park they've ever been too. Despite it also resulting in their favourite moment ever on TPWW on the big wheel singing karaoke.
Oh, yeah, that's what I agree with you about. The problem he has is he says the same point 20 times in a vlog. Like his theme in the Legoland vlog was how quiet it was. But he only had to say it once or twice, not continuously. He's just a bit simple & so is Charlotte, which is why they're genuinely a perfect match 😂