The Tim Tracker #72 Tattle has them rattled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
100%.

And the difference between us locals and vloggers is we're just quietly blending in to have a nice couple hours out whereas vloggers are being loud and obnoxious with their damn cameras filming everything.
Difference between locals and Vloggers I have found in Orlando.
I hate Vloggers.
Locals make me feel welcome, it’s the locals and their charm and knowledge I find more informative.
They have the secret tips, tricks and recommendations.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That may be the case, but it just astounds me how some people think, “Oh, I’ll go and have a day out at a hotel.” I’d be too embarrassed and feel out of place to visit a hotel I wasn’t staying at. I wouldn’t want to be encroaching on others’ vacations. Perhaps that’s just me.
I'm talking about protecting the personal spaces that are to be kept quiet, not the stores, restaurants, entertainment and other amenities such as the beaches, swings and rentals. Of course keep those open to the public.

But there is no reason why strangers need to be wandering the halls with the rooms. DVC is the one in control of who has access to their hallways. So far the only restricted area is BLT's ToTW Lounge. For that you must be a blue card DVC holder staying on property.

I wouldn't mind seeing similar rules extended to the room hallways of the resorts or to the access points for DVC locations.

The one problem with this is at AKV, Joe Rohde's team specifically created and curated the artwork in those mini-displays throughout the hallways to make people wander the resort. Although I think it's safe to say no livestreamer or vlogger is about to wander the entirety of AKL's Jambo and Kidani to bring us a comprehensive view of the collection.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Did locals use the resort pools before Disney put fences around them?
I never heard of this being a widespread issue, TBH.

However, you're likely never going to 100% stop every instance (or breach) 100% of the time on a property that large with so many pools.

If someone really wanted to do it, they'd likely have an easier time accessing the quiet pool at the edge of Beach Club's property which still doesn't require a MB or keycard (at least as of my current knowledge), than gaining entrance to Stormalong Bay (which does), but I wouldn't recommend ANYONE try.

Reactions: 5
Difference between locals and Vloggers I have found in Orlando.
I hate Vloggers.
Locals make me feel welcome, it’s the locals and their charm and knowledge I find more informative.
They have the secret tips, tricks and recommendations.
I found this too. The people living up up in the area near my mom's house are the best. You just have to put on your patience cap when trying to get around the grocery store as they're in no rush and will block isles as they give out the daily hellos :) ❤ Need to hire a good worker for anything? Word of mouth is 100x better than the yellow pages.

In general, Theme park vloggers tend to be a selfish breed.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm talking about protecting the personal spaces that are to be kept quiet, not the stores, restaurants, entertainment and other amenities such as the beaches, swings and rentals. Of course keep those open to the public.

But there is no reason why strangers need to be wandering the halls with the rooms. DVC is the one in control of who has access to their hallways. So far the only restricted area is BLT's ToTW Lounge. For that you must be a blue card DVC holder staying on property.
Yes. I do agree w/ this.

Unless I'm lost, I NEVER go down the halls of the hotel / resort beyond the common areas and / or lobby if I'm not staying there.

Reactions: 10
The following from https://www.gcu.edu/degree-programs/master-arts-english-education

Grand Canyon University’s Master of Arts in English with an Emphasis in Education prepares graduates for teaching careers at two-year and four-year institutions of higher learning. Including courses in rhetoric, literature and pedagogy, this program provides advanced training in the discipline of English, while satisfying the requirements for ongoing professional development.

Lynn is definitely not qualified or certified to teach any young child. Her masters is not in early childhood education (ECE).

I found this too. The people living up up in the area near my mom's house are the best. You just have to put on your patience cap when trying to get around the grocery store as they're in no rush and will block isles as they give out the daily hellos :) ❤ Need to hire a good worker for anything? Word of mouth is 100x better than the yellow pages.

In general, Theme park vloggers tend to be a selfish breed.
No one here (pretty sure you’ve mentioned Clermont before) is in a rush EVER🤣🤣🤣🤣. I try to be patient but sometimes man…

my husband and I were in lowes yesterday…trying to buy 40 cinder blocks to finish a project and we were checking out in the portion of the store where people (usually) go when they are buying like wood and cinderblock and cement…ya know like the heavy duty tit. An elderly man decided to purchase his paper towels this day and check out in the “pro” section 🙃🙃🙃🙃. Well they rang up the wrong price and he decided to hold up the entire line for nearly 20 minutes complaining about how expensive paper towels have gotten and talking about how they were mislabeled (they weren’t)….omfg we just wanted to get our window sealed up🤣🤣

Not all the Stan’s in stan land are idiots
B1A7ED0D-B3FA-46EF-A8E7-F6BF62AA493D.png

19FA5E2B-5704-46CF-BF1B-29FF4AF8E75B.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I didn’t see this but someone mentioned Tim filming in the lobby of the GF DVC building. This is an entirely separate building from the GF main building which consists of the lobby, shops and restaurants. The DVC building should be exclusive to those staying there.
I agree to a point that DVC at GF (or anywhere) should be private to guests only. However, it’s never going to happen unless something terrible happens.

Part of the appeal and marketing strategy around the hotels is if you aren’t DVC you can freely stroll in, take a look around, be in awe, then chat with a rep in the lobby about DVC. Disney wants to sell you things and accessibility trumps exclusivity in this game for the average buyer. Golden Oaks? You have a very specific subset of people that can tap into that who ENJOY jumping through hoops for the exclusivity of being allowed on property.

If you have to jump through hoops to even get a peak at DVC, less people will buy or even take the time to look. It’s human psychology buying behavior 101. If you can see it, you’ll want to buy it.

At Disney, you’re never going to get privacy unless you’re staying Club Level at a deluxe. Even then, people can follow you into the elevator and ride up with you and no one will really know or question you unless you look suspicious or are breaking rules.

Tim’s so sad he’d probably try and break into a prison to try their food, jealous that inmates might be getting something he’s not!
LOL I am sure he's jealous of something inmates are getting and I'm pretty sure it's not the food!. May involve him being back on the bathroom floor tho.....

• Wow
I’m sure it happened, but from my understanding it was to keep the pools from being overrun with pool-hoppers from other resorts. Not a fun experience to pay the cash to stay at a hotel with a fancy pool and it being overrun with people who aren’t staying at that hotel.

Stormalong Bay at Yacht and Beach Club has people at the pool entrances to scan your magic band to prove you’re a hotel guest before entering. They give you a wristband they can ensure no one hops the fence since it’s such a great pool.

Happy Beltane everyone. This is happening in Edinburgh tonight but it's cold and raining so I'm staying home!
Screenshot_20220430_220140_com.android.chrome_edit_8159972124795.jpg
Screenshot_20220430_220353.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Honestly I don't think hotels even care anymore, it wouldn't take much to put some lock on the doors that enter the hotel room areas that only guests can access, they could easily close off the pool, toilets an room access with ease an give guests who are staying there a card to access those areas, therfore keeping random non guests out

I don't have problems with the shops an restaurants/fast food being open to who ever, when we stay at Disney we use one of the hotels but somtimes it's nice to go to another for somthing different to eat rather than be restricted to the same menu for two weeks, but there's no reason for people not staying in those hotels to be off wandering the halls

Happy Beltane everyone. This is happening in Edinburgh tonight but it's cold and raining so I'm staying home!View attachment 1233633View attachment 1233634
God dang, I'd have jumped in the train if I knew that 😅😅

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I always like Dana's comments. She's an actual voice of reason on TTT FB page. There's so few left! (or allowed on there)
There are a few people on this post in particular that seem grossed out by Tim rushing to suck this sweet down without any thought or care to share with his child. But yeah Dana seems to make a lot of sense and there is another person there who always seems to have valid thoughts and opinions A E Barch?? I think?? If you are here A E I salute you 🤣🤣

• Haha
Don't know that answer but thanks to ole Timmy, I learned you can rent a golfcart at Fort Wilderness without staying there & ride around- all those times we couldn't get one, hmmmm makes me wonder.

Reactions: 4
I’m sure it happened, but from my understanding it was to keep the pools from being overrun with pool-hoppers from other resorts. Not a fun experience to pay the cash to stay at a hotel with a fancy pool and it being overrun with people who aren’t staying at that hotel.

Stormalong Bay at Yacht and Beach Club has people at the pool entrances to scan your magic band to prove you’re a hotel guest before entering. They give you a wristband they can ensure no one hops the fence since it’s such a great pool.
The fences were required to keep down liability in the case of drownings when the pools were left without lifeguards. Unfortunately there have been several both with children and drunk adults and it was past time to address it. I miss having them open 24 hours.

Storm along bay has that unique water park feel to it and was the first to get a fence due to all the people trying to use it who were not staying there.

There is still an issue with outsiders gaining access to the other pools as they simply wait for someone to approach the gate and follow in, and the lifeguards simply don't want to monitor everyone. They hate playing cop.

No one here (pretty sure you’ve mentioned Clermont before) is in a rush EVER🤣🤣🤣🤣. I try to be patient but sometimes man…

my husband and I were in lowes yesterday…trying to buy 40 cinder blocks to finish a project and we were checking out in the portion of the store where people (usually) go when they are buying like wood and cinderblock and cement…ya know like the heavy duty tit. An elderly man decided to purchase his paper towels this day and check out in the “pro” section 🙃🙃🙃🙃. Well they rang up the wrong price and he decided to hold up the entire line for nearly 20 minutes complaining about how expensive paper towels have gotten and talking about how they were mislabeled (they weren’t)….omfg we just wanted to get our window sealed up🤣🤣

Not all the Stan’s in stan land are idiotsView attachment 1233592

View attachment 1233613
Glad you survived your Lowes trip 🤣 I was in that place too often over the past 2 months that I'm sure the employees named me "HelloAgain"

Getting help in that store was interesting.
Then there was the odd dude hanging out near the smoke detectors. I swear he was vlogging them. 🤣 Tim? Is that you?

• Haha
The fences were required to keep down liability in the case of drownings when the pools were left without lifeguards. Unfortunately there have been several both with children and drunk adults and it was past time to address it. I miss having them open 24 hours.

Storm along bay has that unique water park feel to it and was the first to get a fence due to all the people trying to use it who were not staying there.

There is still an issue with outsiders gaining access to the other pools as they simply wait for someone to approach the gate and follow in, and the lifeguards simply don't want to monitor everyone. They hate playing cop.

Glad you survived your Lowes trip 🤣 I was in that place too often over the past 2 months that I'm sure the employees named me "HelloAgain"

Getting help in that store was interesting.
Then there was the odd dude hanging out near the smoke detectors. I swear he was vlogging them. 🤣 Tim? Is that you?
It wouldn’t surprise me if he was inspecting them for USBs??🤣🤣🤣🤣

getting help in lowes is nearly impossible

• Haha
Day cares are literally one of the places that’s taking EXTREME caution when it comes to covid.
Really? Not in PA. Constant COVID infections and exposure from what I hear from friends and family. It’s respiratory and until places focus on hvac, things won’t improve dramatically. How can they take extreme caution? Can’t really always have masks on little kids. At my nephew’s they’ve been maskless blowing bubbles in each other’s faces for years now 😂

I agree with you though. They don’t have him in daycare for other reasons. It’s not due to COVID.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.