The Tim Tracker #72 Tattle has them rattled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I totally agree. My home resort is the Grand Floridian, which is why this particular video bothers me so much.

Yeah, all the vloggers that do monorail and Skyliner crawls are ridiculous! They treat the hotels like their own personal playgrounds- it’s disgusting.

Why do they think they can have the run of the Disney hotels? They wouldn’t lounge around in the lobbies of the local Holiday Inns and Hiltons.

I definitely think Disney needs to crack down on non-guests entering the resorts. It’s also a safety threat that people can just wander into the hotels without any checks. At least if people have reservations, they know exactly who is staying there. Unfortunately, it may take something serious to happen before Disney decides to crack down on this.

Also, I’ve never seen any of these vloggers go to Universal hotels if they aren’t staying there. Do they actually prohibit this?
They probably don’t go to Universal hotels because they charge to park there.

Reactions: 5
To me the biggest question is nanny Lyn's pay. If they are paying her well maybe it is worth it to her. I definitely see her writing a tell all book as others have suggested.

Hey Trackers do you know what an NDA is?

Reactions: 8
They probably don’t go to Universal hotels because they charge to park there.
Ah, thanks.

Maybe Disney should start doing this, since non-DVC hotel guests have to pay for parking each night. It seems strange to me that people already paying to stay in a Disney hotel are also charged for parking. Meanwhile, people going in for a dining reservation, to try a new cupcake, or scour the shops for new merchandise don’t need to pay.

Reactions: 10
Ah, thanks.

Maybe Disney should start doing this, since non-DVC hotel guests have to pay for parking each night. It seems strange to me that people already paying to stay in a Disney hotel are also charged for parking. Meanwhile, people going in for a dining reservation, to try a new cupcake, or scour the shops for new merchandise don’t need to pay.
You can still walk or take a boat or bus from CityWalk to any Universal hotel and not pay parking at the resort to then go eat or walk around. (presuming you have a Universal AP for free CW parking or come after 6 p.m. for free parking). Same with Disney. You can park at Disney Springs and take transportation to any resort.

Having worked in hotels (Disney, specifically), they want you to come and spend your money in their gift shops and restaurants on-site (to then "sell" the experience to you to book a future stay) so they're likely not going to restrict the place to only guests any time soon. It's always been that way at the majority of hotels, save for really exclusive gated resort properties.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
She's looking upwards in the profile pic.

Yes, tons of jobs like Jenn per LinkedIn. Many of them freelance and at the same time.

B.A., English Lit, USF
M.A., English in Education, Grand Canyon U.
Of course OF COURSE the stanny's mAsTeR's dEgReE is in a field unrelated to early childhood education and from an online for-profit school! Because anyone with any real skills or credentials, wouldn't accept a job as some YouTuber's lackey cleaning up their kid's poopy diapers.

But I won't go so far as to say that I feel bad for Lynn because she's taking advantage of Jenn just as much as Jenn is her; they're equally complicit in the two-way con job going on. She's basically doing the job of a 14-year-old babysitter... but because she's a grown-ass woman she can do it full-time.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Of course OF COURSE the stanny's mAsTeR's dEgReE is in a field unrelated to early childhood education and from an online for-profit school! Because anyone with any real skills or credentials, wouldn't accept a job as some YouTuber's lackey cleaning up their kid's poopy diapers.

But I won't go so far as to say that I feel bad for Lynn because she's taking advantage of Jenn just as much as Jenn is her; they're equally complicit in the two-way con job going on. She's basically doing the job of a 14-year-old babysitter... but because she's a grown-ass woman she can do it full-time.
Yeah, it sure is interesting, isn't it? I think I kinda feel both ways now. I feel like she's being taken advantage of for sure. But I also feel she's likely loving how easy this gig is and the perks involved in having it (e.g., brunches at the GF, Disney Cruises, etc.)

Did she really? (not doubting you, just incredulous) My household has been incredibly covid conscious the whole pandemic. But even we have booked three movies for the next month and a half (Doctor Strange, Downton Abbey, and Jurassic World). Granted, we are going at the first showing on Sunday mornings to limit the amount of people, and we'll still wear proper fitting KN95s, but we are ready to go out again and enjoy life with our own precautions. Just say you're lazy, Jennifer, and that you don't want to book a time because you can never be on time for anything.
She did. Towards the beginning she mutters something like “oh really we’ll have to wait until we can stream it because we can’t do theatres”

• Wow
Reactions: 6
You can still walk or take a boat or bus from CityWalk to any Universal hotel and not pay to eat or walk around. Same with Disney. You can park at Disney Springs and take transportation to any resort.

Having worked in hotels (Disney, specifically), they want you to come and spend your money in their gift shops and restaurants on-site (to then "sell" the experience to you to book a future stay) so they're likely not going to restrict the place to only guests any time soon. It's always been that way at the majority of hotels, save for really exclusive gated resort properties.
That may be the case, but it just astounds me how some people think, “Oh, I’ll go and have a day out at a hotel.” I’d be too embarrassed and feel out of place to visit a hotel I wasn’t staying at. I wouldn’t want to be encroaching on others’ vacations. Perhaps that’s just me.

Reactions: 5
I have a feeling their interviews with real private teachers didn’t go well.
Jenn: we are looking for someone to go out to dinner with us in case our son needs a diaper change during the meal.
Tim: my wife doesn’t clean, do laundry or drive. You will take care of that, right?

I wonder how many laughed in their faces?

• Haha
That may be the case, but it just astounds me how some people think, “Oh, I’ll go and have a day out at a hotel.” I’d be too embarrassed and feel out of place to visit a hotel I wasn’t staying at. I wouldn’t want to be encroaching on others’ vacations. Perhaps that’s just me.
I know what you're saying but here in Orlando, it's a bit of a different vibe.

Hotels / resorts are constantly pitching things to locals to come out to the hotels to eat (especially for special holiday meals or Orlando Magical Dining Month annually in the fall) so it's really not out of the ordinary to go to a Disney (or other) resort for a couple hours and eat at a restaurant or stroll the grounds, or see something on display (like the eggs at Easter or trees at Christmas).

It used to be easier to park at the resorts. You'd just show them your DL and they'd see you were local and you'd say you were there to see the Christmas decorations, and they'd let you park there. That changed several years ago because people were taking advantage of it and likely parking there to avoid MK and / or EPCOT parking fees.

But there's still lots of locals who go down to the hotels - whether Universal, Disney, or even I-Drive - to eat, shop, etc. Myself and DH included.

Reactions: 17
She did. Towards the beginning she mutters something like “oh really we’ll have to wait until we can stream it because we can’t do theatres”
She probably also prefers to watch movies at home cause she needs to be on her phone deleting comments and blocking people at the same time.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Tim being confused why some are Tervis tumblers and some are just tumblers.

Anyone want to tell him that Tervis are the company who make Tervis tumblers and not Joe Bloggs tumblers?

E266476E-60E4-4049-8092-0BF2B7E971B4.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When I travel, I sometimes eat dinner in the restaurant of a hotel of which I'm not an overnight guest, and I always feel a bit awkward about it (even when the hotel actively encourages it. I couldn't imagine how these vloggers feel so comfortable traipsing through hotel properties the way they do.

Heck, when I was a kid visiting Disney World with my parents, I felt uncomfortable when we were riding the monorail and it passed through the Contemporary ("You mean it goes right through the hotel??? What if somebody's changing their clothes???").

Ah, thanks.

Yes, Disney. Take a page out of Marriott’s Swan, Dolphin and most likely, Swan Reserve hotels. They charge for parking, period. Parking validation for the larger restaurant patronage is available, though.

I learned this from cry baby, man child Michael Kay back in Aug. 2020. He wanted to dine at Kimonos. He took a page out of Tim’s book and didn’t look up the restaurant’s hours. He and Dave drove over there only to find it closed. He had to pay $10.65 to leave the Marriott parking lot. Then bitched non-stop on his drive to his next destination. Saying the Swan lost his patronage. 😂

FRE was on the case!

Re: non-overnight guests
I don’t pay any mind to people in the common resort areas lobby, shops, restaurants, etc.. Visiting and dining at other resorts is one of my favorite things to do while staying at a DVC resort.

It’s the people filming in the guest room areas that I draw a line at.

I didn’t see this but someone mentioned Tim filming in the lobby of the GF DVC building. This is an entirely separate building from the GF main building which consists of the lobby, shops and restaurants. The DVC building should be exclusive to those staying there.

Last edited:
I know what you're saying but here in Orlando, it's a bit of a different vibe.

Hotels / resorts are constantly pitching things to locals to come out to the hotels to eat (especially for special holiday meals or Orlando Magical Dining Month annually in the fall) so it's really not out of the ordinary to go to a Disney (or other) resort for a couple hours and eat at a restaurant or stroll the grounds, or see something on display (like the eggs at Easter or trees at Christmas).

It used to be easier to park at the resorts. You'd just show them your DL and they'd see you were local and you'd say you were there to see the Christmas decorations, and they'd let you park there. That changed several years ago because people were taking advantage of it and likely parking there to avoid MK and / or EPCOT parking fees.

But there's still lots of locals who go down to the hotels - whether Universal, Disney, or even I-Drive - to eat, shop, etc. Myself and DH included.
That explains why all the hotels are so busy.

Reactions: 6
As much as I LOATHE vloggers I would be even more livid with the scumbags if they ruin resort hopping for the rest of us. We (as Florida residents who are only 30 minutes from the parks) love to pop into a resort for lunch or dinner…also, we have, on occasion made the random decision to stay at said resort at a moments notice. Our son loves “surprise” nights at hotels. So sometimes we’ll pop over to the front desk and inquire about availability and then just whisk him up to the room for an evening. He gets a kick out of it. Doesn’t happen often and was moreso something we did when Covid had hotel prices SUPER cheap

Reactions: 19
As much as I LOATHE vloggers I would be even more livid with the scumbags if they ruin resort hopping for the rest of us. We (as Florida residents who are only 30 minutes from the parks) love to pop into a resort for lunch or dinner…also, we have, on occasion made the random decision to stay at said resort at a moments notice. Our son loves “surprise” nights at hotels. So sometimes we’ll pop over to the front desk and inquire about availability and then just whisk him up to the room for an evening. He gets a kick out of it. Doesn’t happen often and was moreso something we did when Covid had hotel prices SUPER cheap
100%.

And the difference between us locals and vloggers is we're just quietly blending in to have a nice couple hours out whereas vloggers are being loud and obnoxious with their damn cameras filming everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.