The Tim Tracker #57 Kid? What Kid?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the all stars, honestly it's really all we can afford because we want to be on disney property to get the buses to the parks an such an with the price of flights, tickets, hotel etc it all adds up for us so we usually go to the music one, I've never found a problem with it, it's clean enough an we just need a clean bed an clean bathroom with a good shower in it which they provide an normally we end up down the bottom end so closer to the second smaller pool which it's great for us

I can't imagine them ever lowering themselves down to stay there or even go back an do a tour, they see themselves as above all that now, I'd say even the likes of animal Kingdom which I'd love an can't afford would be beneath these two now, I mean why would you lower yourself to such hotels when you can blast 15 an 20k on ridiculous overpriced tacky homes for 50 people 🙄
I have stayed at All Stars as well and had no issues. Looking up that old vlog of them staying there, just to see the look on Jenn's is worth the effort.

Reactions: 6
I have stayed at All Stars as well and had no issues. Looking up that old vlog of them staying there, just to see the look on Jenn's is worth the effort.
I was going to, too! I couldn’t remember when that was. I’m assuming it was pre Trackashian mode? I can’t even imagine them considering staying there now. Especially after how “icky” they acted like Art of Animation was and it’s like 2-2.5 times more expensive than the All Stars!

Saying Trackashian made me think about how the Kardashians always say “bible” to each other when they swear they’re telling the truth. We should put that in a thread title. Like…..

She’s not a “nanny,” bible! 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I mean, with Jen’s reported work experience, she should have no issue finding a job. I’ve lost track of the list of places she’s worked! The outlet mall, Old Navy, a restaurant, on and on and on…
The Tim Tracker #58: I got 99 jobs and a mom ain’t one

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Ok quick question. My family is headed to WDW for 10 days next in mid-March and staying at the Boardwalk. Covid’s got us a little nervous about being around crowds and tourists. How crazy busy have the parks been lately? Have you felt safe while visiting the parks?

We are going to avoid fireworks/Harmonious crowds.

Sorry to take this a smidge off topic, but my anxiety is starting to build. Thanks my fellow “unwell friends!

• Sad
Ok quick question. My family is headed to WDW for 10 days next in mid-March and staying at the Boardwalk. Covid’s got us a little nervous about being around crowds and tourists. How crazy busy have the parks been lately? Have you felt safe while visiting the parks?

Sorry to take this a smidge off topic, but my anxiety is starting to build. Thanks my fellow “unwell friends!
We were supposed to be there this past week and ended up canceling. My son is 4 and can’t be vaccinated yet so it felt too risky for us. We normally pick that week (or another Jan week) because the parks are usually slower, but from what I’ve seen in vlogs and from DFB it looks like they’ve been really busy? Maybe someone local who’s been there more frequently can help with the “safe” questions. I’d love to know too. We’ve canceled 3 times since 2020. We’re headed to the Hilton Head resort soon because we are MISSING Disney!

ETA: @Caligirl123 Your username is making me smile because we’re getting a new puppy and naming her Cali and we keep saying “ooh we’re so excited for Cali girl to come home!”

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

I don’t want to heighten your anxiety but…

the parks have been PACKED and it’s not even spring break…

mid March is prime spring break season so just brace yourself

with that being said, Disney is trying to take precautions but let’s face it, for the most part people do whatever the duck they want

sorry to be a “wet blanket” of sorts but im just being honest

• Heart
Reactions: 18
We were supposed to be there this past week and ended up canceling. My son is 4 and can’t be vaccinated yet so it felt too risky for us. We normally pick that week (or another Jan week) because the parks are usually slower, but from what I’ve seen in vlogs and from DFB it looks like they’ve been really busy? Maybe someone local who’s been there more frequently can help with the “safe” questions. I’d love to know too. We’ve canceled 3 times since 2020. We’re headed to the Hilton Head resort soon because we are MISSING Disney!

ETA: @Caligirl123 Your username is making me smile because we’re getting a new puppy and naming her Cali and we keep saying “ooh we’re so excited for Cali girl to come home!”
Aww - I love my messy little California! ❤ Yay for your new puppy!!!

This is our 3rd time rescheduling since the pandemic - but I’m going to lose a tit ton of DVC points if I don’t use them (thanks Disney!). We are all vaxxed and boosted, but that doesn’t mean we want to catch it either, even in a mild sense.

Reactions: 4
This All Stars Movie one was 2018

This Art of Animation one is much more recent. If anyone watches, let me know how their attitude to value resorts has changed.

with that being said, Disney is trying to take precautions but let’s face it, for the most part people do whatever the duck they want

Ughhhh!!! That’s exactly what I’m afraid of. 😞
I think we might spring for this LL thing to at least minimize how much time we spend in line. We will wear KN95’s indoors and out.

Luckily numbers are drastically starting to drop. Let’s hope that continues ❤

Reactions: 10

To add to what @HereForTheT3a22 said, even with the precautions the parks have added, almost every single person I know who has gone to the parks since end of December (height of omicron) has caught covid very shortly after going to one of the parks. All have been double vaxxed and boosted, so thankfully they all had very light symptoms. Omicron has peaked and everything is going down again, but who knows what would pop up between now and March. I will say, my family masks up basically 100% of the time we're at the parks, unless we're truly well away from others or while eating, and we also don't eat indoors, and we've felt safe enough in the parks.

We went to Universal last weekend and it was insane. I didn't think it'd be quite as busy because it was a non-holiday weekend and it was FREEZING (Florida freezing, at least. In the lower 50s/upper 40s when we were there) and it was so packed we left after one ride. We're going to Epcot this coming Saturday and I'm expecting for it to be insane as well.

There's no less busy time anymore. You just have to plan around it being slammed from here on out.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Ughhhh!!! That’s exactly what I’m afraid of. 😞
I think we might spring for this LL thing to at least minimize how much time we spend in line. We will wear KN95’s indoors and out.

Luckily numbers are drastically starting to drop. Let’s hope that continues ❤
I was going to say, the lines have been pretty crazy. From what I see they take about 20-40 lightning lane parties for every 5 regular guests.

we went on Kilimanjaro Safaris the other day on a Wednesday. The park was PACKED. The attendant let (about) 45 lightning lanes go and then let 2 regular line parties go. I counted because I was bored 🤣🤣

To add to what @HereForTheT3a22 said, even with the precautions the parks have added, almost every single person I know who has gone to the parks since end of December (height of omicron) has caught covid very shortly after going to one of the parks. All have been double vaxxed and boosted, so thankfully they all had very light symptoms. Omicron has peaked and everything is going down again, but who knows what would pop up between now and March. I will say, my family masks up basically 100% of the time we're at the parks, unless we're truly well away from others or while eating, and we also don't eat indoors, and we've felt safe enough in the parks.

We went to Universal last weekend and it was insane. I didn't think it'd be quite as busy because it was a non-holiday weekend and it was FREEZING (Florida freezing, at least. In the lower 50s/upper 40s when we were there) and it was so packed we left after one ride. We're going to Epcot this coming Saturday and I'm expecting for it to be insane as well.

There's no less busy time anymore. You just have to plan around it being slammed from here on out.
Yes I can definitely attest to this statement. February used to be such a slow month you’d have the parks to yourselves…hahahaha those days are LONG gone. So considering that spring break is always notorious for being an insane asylum I would tell you to expect absolute chaos🙈🙈🙈. Sorry to be the bearer of tit news.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I was going to say, the lines have been pretty crazy. From what I see they take about 20-40 lightning lane parties for every 5 regular guests.

we went on Kilimanjaro Safaris the other day on a Wednesday. The park was PACKED. The attendant let (about) 45 lightning lanes go and then let 2 regular line parties go. I counted because I was bored 🤣🤣
Disneyland here is whacko busy too, but I think Californians are better at wearing masks (I’m throwing no shade at Florida). We’re just used to it by now and MOST people don’t fight it - but there will always be the special assholes who believe the rules don’t apply to them.

I think we will just go, buy LL passes (however the hell they work), mask up and not eat indoors. Hopefully we will all be fine. Thanks to you all for your insight!

i agree 100% the parks have been a lot more crowded than I thought they would be. Hollywood Studios was ridiculous on Friday.

Thank you!! I fly in tomorrow morning!! 😁. I’m nervous about covid but we plan on being careful as possible and we’re all vaccinated. We’ve put this trip off for a few years now.

• Heart
Disneyland here is whacko busy too, but I think Californians are better at wearing masks (I’m throwing no shade at Florida). We’re just used to it by now and MOST people don’t fight it - but there will always be the special assholes who believe the rules don’t apply to them.

I think we will just go, buy LL passes (however the hell they work), mask up and not eat indoors. Hopefully we will all be fine. Thanks to you all for your insight!
I don’t know if it’s just Floridians who suck at wearing masks…I heard a guy with a thick Jersey accent flipping out about having to put a mask on to walk to his table the other day. And then I overheard what I think was Portuguese and it was a family all being told they had to wear their masks to come in the giftshop…they were not happy and a slew of Portuguese curse words ensued

• Wow

Disney has done jack squat with precautions since like maybe the fall after the parks reopened.

There are no CMs in the queues so once you get by one CM at the entrance people take their masks off until they get to the loading zone.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Disney has done jack squat with precautions since like maybe the fall after the parks reopened.

There are no CMs in the queues so once you get by one CM at the entrance people take their masks off until they get to the loading zone.
Interesting. We go weekly and still have noticed CMs actively admonishing guests who are ignoring the rules

but everyone has their own observations

• Heart
Every time Tim pronounces Yucca fries as YUCKA fries my Hispanic heart dies

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.