The Tim Tracker #38 They’re out of touch, they’re out of time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will likely be in the minority here but I am an eternal cynic when it comes to these vloggers.

Why now? Why this type of video? Couldn't all of us create a video like this detailing our losses, sad situations in our lives, our struggles, our pain? Why monetize it? And to cite the suicide hotline in the description without explanation.

I wish I didn't think this way but I feel vloggers do everything by design.
(Case in point - Trackers suddenly openly wanting to discuss the loss of media out of the blue last week. )

Judging by the comments under Nate's vlog, I think his video is having its intended effect. I wouldn't be surprised if he gains more patreons and more $$$ (GCs or gifts) and DVC stays too from it. If @apojacks intel comes to fruition, then we'll know a bigger reason was at play in creating that video.

Sorry to think that, but 🤷‍♀️ . I just don't trust any of these vloggers anymore.
To use suicide description seems over dramatic!
Like a call desperate plea for help stand by me because something is coming??
@apojacks intel comes to fruition?

Reactions: 1
Hahaha oh, I’m prepared. I used to live out there and was an AP holder. Haven’t been back to DL since 2013 though. I do remember being quite underwhelmed the first time I saw that castle. Staying at the Grand Californian, which will be a first for me.
I got lucky and stayed at GC my first trip. Fantastic hotel. Roll out of bed and into DCA.

I prefer DL over WDW. I like being able to decide to go to the parks, fly out to LA, find a place to stay and be in the park that evening. Zero planning ... well, before covid. Going to WDW is like planning a moon landing.

I think a lot of the rides are better than the same ones at WDW. The food is MUCH better at DL.

Manicpixiemom
Thanks. I was wondering the same thing.

Reactions: 8
I will likely be in the minority here but I am an eternal cynic when it comes to these vloggers.

Why now? Why this type of video? Couldn't all of us create a video like this detailing our losses, sad situations in our lives, our struggles, our pain? Why monetize it? And to cite the suicide hotline in the description without explanation.

I wish I didn't think this way but I feel vloggers do everything by design.
(Case in point - Trackers suddenly openly wanting to discuss the loss of media out of the blue last week. )

Judging by the comments under Nate's vlog, I think his video is having its intended effect. I wouldn't be surprised if he gains more patreons and more $$$ (GCs or gifts) and DVC stays too from it. If @apojacks intel comes to fruition, then we'll know a bigger reason was at play in creating that video.

Sorry to think that, but 🤷‍♀️ . I just don't trust any of these vloggers anymore.
You are right, he could have some ulterior motive for the video.
I understood him to say that he didn’t want to live anymore after separation from his wife. He moved back to his moms but was still very depressed for awhile.

Reactions: 4
I understood him to say that he didn’t want to live anymore after separation from his wife. He moved back to his moms but was still very depressed for awhile.
I know it may not be easy but he needs to see that the person of his dreams is not there for him in his lowest times of his life even if they aren't together in relationship.

i'm going to be at Disney World the day that Space 220 opens. It opens on my birthday and i'm hoping to get a reservation to it. Keeping my fingers crossed and really glad that they aren't
I got lucky and stayed at GC my first trip. Fantastic hotel. Roll out of bed and into DCA.

I prefer DL over WDW. I like being able to decide to go to the parks, fly out to LA, find a place to stay and be in the park that evening. Zero planning ... well, before covid. Going to WDW is like planning a moon landing.

I think a lot of the rides are better than the same ones at WDW. The food is MUCH better at DL.

Thanks. I was wondering the same thing.
Going for my first trip to DL in a few days, typically when we go to WDW I create a touring plan (been using touring plans for over 12 years and swear by it) for each day, make it into a spreadsheet and all that crazy stuff. When we started to plan for DL, I was like, where are all the touring plans?! My husband said he is glad he finally has a trip where I don't schedule his bathroom breaks, lmao!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I agree! Better POTC, their Astro Blasters is better than the Space Ranger Spin and I LOOOOOVE the Indiana Jones ride in Adventureland (I detest “Dinosaur” in Animal Kingdom). It’s also where “Mr. Holmes” and I fell in love (gag, but it’s true). He went from being totally friend-zoned into the dating zone thanks in large part to many fun-filled trips to Disneyland. I’m super excited to see the Haunted Mansion with the NBC overlay again!

***Edited to add: Mr. Holmes is staying home with the dog on this trip though! ***

• Heart
Reactions: 6
September is national suicide prevention month so he may be highlighting it for that reason possibly?

I agree! Better POTC, their Astro Blasters is better than the Space Ranger Spin and I LOOOOOVE the Indiana Jones ride in Adventureland (I detest “Dinosaur” in Animal Kingdom). It’s also where “Mr. Holmes” and I fell in love (gag, but it’s true). He went from being totally friend-zoned into the dating zone thanks in large part to many fun-filled trips to Disneyland. I’m super excited to see the Haunted Mansion with the NBC overlay again!

***Edited to add: Mr. Holmes is staying home with the dog on this trip though! ***
Getting more and more excited to head out there!

Reactions: 5
This could be. He could have been in a dark place. I'm not discounting that, don't get me wrong. I've been in my own dark places before with dark thoughts, if you will. :(

I guess I just would never dream of making a vlog about it (or even alluding to it), and then monetizing it.
(I'm presuming he's monetizing it - I didn't see anything otherwise).

I guess similar to how when Jenn would get on camera and yap about her Target panic attack right after, YoU GuYZZzzzz.
After one has a real, legit, full-blown panic attack, you are in tears, you feel horrible, like an idiot, you're confused, you're frazzled, you're drained... you don't jump on a camera to chat away like nothing just happened.

Reactions: 15
September is national suicide prevention month so he may be highlighting it for that reason possibly?

Getting more and more excited to head out there!
OMG and Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride! Sorry, I’m getting excited too now that it’s creeping up on me. Moving on to the topics at hand…!

I'm gonna have to take 20 minutes to watch this damn thing now aren't I?
10 minutes, put it on double speed. Vloggers are always more entertaining that way anyway.
I'm sorry, if his video is as serious as what I'm hearing then I shouldn't joke.
Double speed.

Just watched it. I didn't see anything depressing in there at all... he simply talks about some tough times he had, but all is good now. He's happy to make money off doing something he loves.

Last edited:
  • Haha
This could be. He could have been in a dark place. I'm not discounting that, don't get me wrong. I've been in my own dark places before with dark thoughts, if you will. :(

I guess I just would never dream of making a vlog about it (or even alluding to it), and then monetizing it.
(I'm presuming he's monetizing it - I didn't see anything otherwise).

I guess similar to how when Jenn would get on camera and yap about her Target panic attack right after, YoU GuYZZzzzz.
After one has a real, legit, full-blown panic attack, you are in tears, you feel horrible, like an idiot, you're confused, you're frazzled, you're drained... you don't jump on a camera to chat away like nothing just happened.
I actually have diagnosed panic and anxiety. I haven’t said anything up until now but I have seen some people say if she had anxiety she wouldn’t go into crowded parks… that’s not necessarily true. I can go to the parks, I can go to concerts, these things alone are not always triggering for every person that has panic and anxiety. Sometimes I can shop fine in a store and sometimes the fluorescent lights will trigger an attack. So all that can be true. I will say you hit the nail on the head though .. when an attack hits its debilitating and afterwards I am crying, horrible feeling, shaky, wiped out physically and mentally and if it happened in public I’m embarrassed as tit. No way in hell would I jump on camera and be peppy afterwards.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
10 minutes, put it on double speed. Vloggers are always more entertaining that way anyway.
I'm sorry, if his video is as serious as what I'm hearing then I shouldn't joke.
Double speed.
You can judge if it's serious or not by the musical background he so needed to have accompany him. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Nate is also waaay too in to his alcohol too. I think that has probably played a factor in it as well.
I saw him yesterday too. He has gotten so fat. I am not fat shaming, but since I met him just a year ago, huge difference in his size.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I'm sorry, if his video is as serious as that I shouldn't joke.
Double speed.
Ludicrous speed seems to be more my speed for these asshats.

• Haha
We all deal and heal differently. Posting his mental health journey is a way to heal and help raise awareness for suicide prevention. He seems like a gentle soul- the breakup probably dragged him into a deep hole. Unlike Jenn- he is admitting he has demons and is working through them. Jenn will bring up a convenient panic attack just for sympathy and not actually go to a doctor for a dx

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.