The Tim Tracker #158 Will our budget get as tight as our pants?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree 100%.

I just think it's people who -

1. really like Disney and / or
  2. just want to say they did it and / or
  3. just want to add it to the list of other races they've run.
Lol.
Yes, I admit, I run for the bling!
This is a big birthday year for me.
That is why I am “running” in DL next week.
I’m commemorating my special year.

OT - My daughter ran more races, earning three Coast to Coast medals (running at least a half marathon at DL & WDW in one calendar year).

When Wine n Dine was at night there was an after event party where Dopey tried to steal her medal cause he loves shiny things.

At EPCOT there was a group of young adults that were intrigued by the CtoC medal and treated her like a rockstar. Asking to see & touch the medal. And posing for pics with her.

=====

@CMDisney
I know you have special things planned with your mom. I don’t want to interfere with that.
I will post on here the corral I get assigned. If we are the same corral maybe we could meet there and kill the wait time by chit chatting.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
This is a really random question but why did they buy a house this distance from the parks if that’s where their livelihood is. I know it’s not super far but it seems like there are closer neighborhoods too
Not from Orlando but I always assumed it was a cost thing and Lake Nona is a cheaper than the area right by the parks, is an up and coming area, and it's a closer to his family. Not that they really give a tit about family.

Reactions: 10
Normally I wouldn't make fun of someone's run times either. I still congratulate him on actually doing it, but for as many times as he's told us how much he runs, I feel he had a pretty poor showing and he definitely just walked a large portion of it. I realize there are tons of distractions and photo ops during these, but still. And he better not blame his banana knee or his bad hips because he's told everyone that his miracle shoes have cured him from all his ailments.
This is exactly how I feel. I give anyone who tries running a lot of respect, because it's HARD to keep with it, and running any distance race is a big accomplishment! BUT

this is Tim we're talking about. He desperately needs to be the best at everything, so it's funny to mock his race time just because of his boastful attitude about running last year. We all know he gave up on it and didn't bother training at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This is a really random question but why did they buy a house this distance from the parks if that’s where their livelihood is. I know it’s not super far but it seems like there are closer neighborhoods too
Yeah, I don't get why the moved to Nona, TBH. It's not really near anything they always liked to go to and / or businesses, restaurants, etc. they frequented. I think they just liked the idea of moving to an "up and coming" place (which it kinda still was when they moved there 5-6 years ago).

There are closer neighborhoods - just as nice or nicer - way closer to the parks. Like mere minutes. And within the same price range.

Reactions: 16
You figure when they were rolling in the cash, they would've bought something in Celebration to really give the impression of $$$ and Disney fandom.

Reactions: 15
Not from Orlando but I always assumed it was a cost thing and Lake Nona is a cheaper than the area right by the parks, is an up and coming area, and it's a closer to his family. Not that they really give a tit about family.
Nona is not cheaper. You can't even really get a house there for less than $450K. (townhomes / condos = yes; home = no)

There's lots of neighborhoods near both WDW and Universal that are comparable or less cost. If they wanted to move closer to Disney, they could get a place near, for example, where Michael Kay moved, as its newer, similar to what they have (e.g., some parts of Winter Garden or Windermere w/ new developments, etc. and are just down the road from the back entrance to MK). Or, they could even move to Dr. Phillips / Bay Hill, MetroWest, etc. and find a comparably priced place but those neighborhoods are older, well-established, etc.

But yes, Nona was still kinda "up and coming" when they moved there and people would talk about how all these businesses were moving there, restaurants opening, etc. It was all kinda "brand new" then. Probably why they went there rather than for any true functionality. Nona also isn't really that close to Lake Mary and Oviedo where Tim's parents and brother live. Like, no one is saying, "Hey, I'm in Lake Mary, I think I'll swing by Nona today." It just doesn't happen.

Reactions: 10
Yeah, I don't get why the moved to Nona, TBH. It's not really near anything they always liked to go to and / or businesses, restaurants, etc. they frequented. I think they just liked the idea of moving to an "up and coming" place (which it kinda still was when they moved there 5-6 years ago).

There are closer neighborhoods - just as nice or nicer - way closer to the parks. Like mere minutes. And within the same price range.
Yeah, I was wondering about the surrounding area. I know they can't afford Golden Oak prices. Wasn't Lake Nona supposedly going to get some project that Disney cancelled like last year or so? I could imagine they picked that area maybe because they thought it would have long term development but I don't think they really think things through that well so who even knows.

Reactions: 9
I wonder how long it will take for his medal to get lost in the shithole that is Fort Pampers. And I sincerely hope Nick the Dick rubbed some ointment into Dim’s chafed areas. 🤢
Is this what we’re calling his dumpy now??

• Haha
Wasn't Lake Nona supposedly going to get some project that Disney cancelled like last year or so?
Disney was planning on moving Imagineering and several other support divisions to a new Lake Nona campus that they were constructing. They even had a number of Imagineering CM's move out to Florida a year or so ago. Now, they are paying for them to move back to SoCal.

Walt Disney Company cancels relocation of thousands of California workers to Orlando's Lake Nona

Reactions: 8
Yeah, I was wondering about the surrounding area. I know they can't afford Golden Oak prices. Wasn't Lake Nona supposedly going to get some project that Disney cancelled like last year or so? I could imagine they picked that area maybe because they thought it would have long term development but I don't think they really think things through that well so who even knows.
Nah, no one really talks about Golden Oaks. You wouldn't even really know it existed, if you're local...it's never really discussed. :ROFLMAO:

If I could choose between Nona and closer to the parks, I'd choose closer to the parks. Like, Windermere, Dr. Phillips, etc.

I lived in MetroWest before and don't think I'd go back there or near Universal, but Dr. Phillips is close to both (doing backroads) and Whole Foods, Trader Joes, tons of restaurants, shopping, doctors, etc.

Nona is good, IMHO, if you work in the Medical City, near the airport, niche industries, etc. or maybe commute to the East Coast (e.g., work in the space industry or surrounding companies). Or, I guess, maybe downtown (taking the 417 to 408). Or, if you just really want to get away from all that is considered the rest of Orlando.

Cuz you have to really WANT to live out in Nona. At least that's my opinion, living here for 25+ years and BEFORE Lake Nona really existed. :ROFLMAO:

Yes re: the Disney planned campus for a division(s) of the company.

Reactions: 11
So they blew through a sh!t ton of money giving it to Disney in a desperate attempt to get back on their list in 2023. Fail.
So now they are planning on the ATW method of just sliding around town to cheap/free stuff and just posting their boring lives? Including Dimmy growing out his hair Woo style? They reek of desperation.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Please never stop calling it his banana knee because it makes me laugh every time!. You do have a point though. While I walk miles and miles a day I just cant run. He always bragged about his running so I guess he should have done better.
Did someone say banana knee??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
@JssLG317, congratulations to you! You did it! 🥳🎉🫡 I, too, can only do the virtual RunDisney races at the moment and they are fun and I love the swag! 🥰 One day, I shall do the in person races! Again congrats!
Thank you!! And same! I would like to do at least one of these in Disney. I’m signed up for the Princess 5k in February and the Neverland 5k in April (both virtual) Hoping to improve my times even more with each one. I hope you make it in person as well!! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Nah, no one really talks about Golden Oaks. You wouldn't even really know it existed, if you're local...it's never really discussed. :ROFLMAO:

If I could choose between Nona and closer to the parks, I'd choose closer to the parks. Like, Windermere, Dr. Phillips, etc.

I lived in MetroWest before and don't think I'd go back there or near Universal, but Dr. Phillips is close to both (doing backroads) and Whole Foods, Trader Joes, tons of restaurants, shopping, doctors, etc.

Nona is good, IMHO, if you work in the Medical City, near the airport, niche industries, etc. or maybe commute to the East Coast (e.g., work in the space industry or surrounding companies). Or, I guess, maybe downtown (taking the 417 to 408). Or, if you just really want to get away from all that is considered the rest of Orlando.

Cuz you have to really WANT to live out in Nona. At least that's my opinion, living here for 25+ years and BEFORE Lake Nona really existed. :ROFLMAO:

Yes re: the Disney planned campus for a division(s) of the company.
Well, then, I don't think there's any apparent reason they chose Lake Nona then other than it doesn't make sense which is Tracker mantra. To be fair though, I get distance commuting just because I grew up in Houston and everything in that city is a haul. We lived on the north side of town and my dad worked south of town and his average commute was 90 minutes each way. Only thing is there was a reason we lived where we did better schools, family was there, property rates were cheaper, but lord I felt bad for him with that drive every single day.

I used to live in Lake Nona and Disney World was only a 25 minute drive so they aren't that far away from the parks but it also depends on if their is any traffic. I think they may have chosen Lake Nona because it was a newer community it was also an up and coming area.

Well, then, I don't think there's any apparent reason they chose Lake Nona then other than it doesn't make sense which is Tracker mantra. To be fair though, I get distance commuting just because I grew up in Houston and everything in that city is a haul. We lived on the north side of town and my dad worked south of town and his average commute was 90 minutes each way. Only thing is there was a reason we lived where we did better schools, family was there, property rates were cheaper, but lord I felt bad for him with that drive every single day.
Oh yes, I get commuting. Of course, they don't have a real job so they could have moved anywhere.

I think for Nona... you have to want to live over in that neck of the woods. I'm sure that many like the idea of having a new and / or relatively new home in a new(er) neighborhood may be a draw too. (Personally, I prefer established neighborhoods with established green space, mature trees, etc. but that's just me)

You have to like just jumping on toll roads to get anywhere (you can't really do backroads to zip around to various places like from like Dr. Phillips to Millenia to downtown to Winter Park to Seminole County / No. Orlando / Sanford, etc. You're pretty much having to get on the 417, 408, 528... Narcoossee Rd. etc.

Honestly, I wish I knew their reasoning. Maybe they thought it'd be the furthest out from any stalker stans to find them (in the gated community) :ROFLMAO:

We all know they didn't pick Lake Nona for the schools because, in case you didn't know, they can't have children. People just need to stop asking if they are having kids, it's rude and it's NEVER going to happen.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I used to live in Lake Nona and Disney World was only a 25 minute drive so they aren't that far away from the parks but it also depends on if their is any traffic. I think they may have chosen Lake Nona because it was a newer community it was also an up and coming area.
Right, it's not far from Disney on the 417, but, still, it's not anywhere near all the stuff they always did otherwise and / or stores they shopped at or areas they frequented. Like the stuff they'd always go to in Sanford, Tim and Jenn's hair people are downtown, etc.

Reactions: 6
Personally, I prefer established neighborhoods with established green space, mature trees, etc. but that's just me
Same here. When we moved to the Orlando area, we wanted an established neighborhood with lots of actual, mature trees, and houses that were built prior to the late 90s-early 2000s to avoid the poor quality drywall used in that time period. We ended up in the Oviedo area and love it. Our yard has a ton of huge trees, and we're super close to the main things we enjoy doing. We still go to the theme parks often (we're hitting up Disney Springs tonight even) but are far away from the touristy stuff. I love this area and really don't think I'd ever move from it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.