The Tim Tracker #158 Will our budget get as tight as our pants?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How is he so sweaty while walking in cool temperatures with the sun down? He’s doing something wrong and it’s not just the shorts.

Reactions: 14
Glad to see he "ran" also known as walked the 10K. Let me see him do the half and not get swept and I'll be impressed. Even that fatty Mr. Morrow completed the 10K

• Wow
Reactions: 10
How is he so sweaty while walking in cool temperatures with the sun down? He’s doing something wrong and it’s not just the shorts.
I’m sure his cholesterol is through the roof which would contribute to raising his BP, his sweating and frequent urination.

Reactions: 19
I still can't believe this 40 year old man is either too lazy or has no idea how to trim his nasty beard. And I don't care how hard it supposedly is to get an appointment at his in-demand barber, he has such a generic haircut that he could just pop down to his local Supercuts and get the same thing. Why do these two people, whose "jobs" constantly place them on camera, always look so gross?

I'm sure somewhere I could figure out the missing legs, but it looks like he really slowed down starting at Mile 3. And somehow picked it up close to the end.

Start-Mile 1
Mile 1-2
0:12:43​
Mile 2-3
0:13:09​
Mile 3-4
0:15:09​
Mile 4-5
0:15:39​
Mile 5-6
0:13:27​
Mile 6-Finish
Total
1:25:59​

Reactions: 11
Just my 1/2 cents worth here but if Timmy was truly running 3 miles then wouldn't the first 3 have been a 'piece of cake' for him? Or are we caught in another Tracker 'tale' being spun. Just saying......

also, thank you to all the tattlers for posting the pix from the race for those of us who don't have social media. :)
And how did Dim & Dum get identical finish times, with the splits being one second apart plus and minus?

A7E60C9C-28B9-47B9-9996-DE9427B4596A.jpeg
6848CB12-07EE-4004-A9AD-5C8EDD667EFC.jpeg

Reactions: 3
I still can't believe this 40 year old man is either too lazy or has no idea how to trim his nasty beard. And I don't care how hard it supposedly is to get an appointment at his in-demand barber, he has such a generic haircut that he could just pop down to his local Supercuts and get the same thing. Why do these two people, whose "jobs" constantly place them on camera, always look so gross?

I'm sure somewhere I could figure out the missing legs, but it looks like he really slowed down starting at Mile 3. And somehow picked it up close to the end.

Start-Mile 1
Mile 1-2
0:12:43​
Mile 2-3
0:13:09​
Mile 3-4
0:15:09​
Mile 4-5
0:15:39​
Mile 5-6
0:13:27​
Mile 6-Finish
Total
1:25:59​
He was for sure walking. Which there is nothing with if you weren't acting like you running. A small part of me hopes this is a wake up call and he makes some lifestyle choices. Maybe rather than "running" each morning when the kids aren't being kids, he could go on a leisurely placed walk with his wife and kids at night. Some of my early memories involve my parents pushing the stroller around every night and having me in their bike seat. They could easily do that with the kids, but who are we kidding they won't.

Reactions: 15
….. I still think that Nick told him what to do. Tim isn’t someone who has participated in races and he doesn’t research anything ahead of time.
Well, Tim only has one brain cell.
And he shares it with Dejennerate.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
If I'm understanding this Dopey challenge correctly, you are running all the races right? So Nick is getting more medals than Tim? That must chafe more than his pants did.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I admit, I don’t understand RunDisney. Why get up so early when you could do a race somewhere else scenic at a normal starting time of 9 am. Even the NYC marathon starts at 8 am. Yes, you can see the parks, but you can see the parks anytime.
Because all runners and race related materials must be gone from the theme parks (and adjacent roads) prior to that day’s normal Park opening hour. Therefore not impeding on that day’s paying guests’ theme park experience.

Reactions: 8
Because all runners and race related materials must be gone from the theme parks (and adjacent roads) prior to that day’s normal Park opening hour. Therefore not impeding on that day’s paying guests’ theme park experience.
I get that part. I just don’t see the appeal of RunDisney. Specifically waking up in the middle of the night when there are so many other races in equally nice places that start at a normal hour.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I saw the winner of the 10k ran the whole thing in 31 minutes with his average being a little over a 5 minute mile.

I’m not going to sit here and pretend I’m in shape or that I could do better than Tim. In my current state right now, I’d probably get swept.
You and me both. Im not about to make fun of his time, I dont really think I could do much better.

Reactions: 11
I get that part. I just don’t see the appeal of RunDisney. Specifically waking up in the middle of the night when there are so many other races in equally nice places that start at a normal hour.
I agree 100%.

I just think it's people who -

1. really like Disney and / or
  2. just want to say they did it and / or
  3. just want to add it to the list of other races they've run.

Reactions: 18
If I'm understanding this Dopey challenge correctly, you are running all the races right? So Nick is getting more medals than Tim? That must chafe more than his pants did.
Yes.
6 medals:
Half marathon
Full marathon
Goofy race and a half (half & full marathon)
Dopey Challenge (5K, 10K, 1/2 marathon & full marathon - run in four consecutive days)

….to Tim’s one medal.

Reactions: 12
Yes.
6 medals:
Half marathon
Full marathon
Goofy race and a half (half & full marathon)
Dopey Challenge (5K, 10K, 1/2 marathon & full marathon - run in four consecutive days)

….to Tim’s one medal.
That is a lot of running. Honestly, while Nick does seem in slightly better shape than Dim it's a fairly low bar.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This is a really random question but why did they buy a house this distance from the parks if that’s where their livelihood is. I know it’s not super far but it seems like there are closer neighborhoods too

Reactions: 14
I totally get your pov.

Yet, there is nothing like being able to run through, except for your fellow runners, an empty Disney park.
How many chances do I get to run through the castle?
Down Main Street USA with the castle in front of me?
Through Carsland and around Pixar Pier?
Run by some of my favorite world pavilions in EPCOT.
See, meet and/or speak to phenomenal inspirational people. My most poignant memory was in DL, by It’s a Small World. I came upon two military veterans. One a single amputee, the other a double amputee. I stopped to check on them and we chatted. I finished the race and was walking by ESPN in DD where on the jumbo screen they were showing the veterans finishing the race. The cheers and whistles were huge!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
You and me both. Im not about to make fun of his time, I dont really think I could do much better.
Normally I wouldn't make fun of someone's run times either. I still congratulate him on actually doing it, but for as many times as he's told us how much he runs, I feel he had a pretty poor showing and he definitely just walked a large portion of it. I realize there are tons of distractions and photo ops during these, but still. And he better not blame his banana knee or his bad hips because he's told everyone that his miracle shoes have cured him from all his ailments.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Normally I wouldn't make fun of someone's run times either. I still congratulate him on actually doing it, but for as many times as he's told us how much he runs, I feel he had a pretty poor showing and he definitely just walked a large portion of it. I realize there are tons of distractions and photo ops during these, but still. And he better not blame his banana knee or his bad hips because he's told everyone that his miracle shoes have cured him from all his ailments.
Please never stop calling it his banana knee because it makes me laugh every time!. You do have a point though. While I walk miles and miles a day I just cant run. He always bragged about his running so I guess he should have done better.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.