The Tim Tracker #11 two aholes and a baby

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But...by golly $20 for some shorts is a bit much don't you think? 🤣
Well after 3 hotel stays in 14 days, at a cost of at least $2500 just for rooms....and that assumes 1 night in the standard legoland room (add $300+ if they stayed in the family suite - which we know they did without even seeing a video yet and are likely staying 2 nights), then add on all the theme park food and it’s easily well over $3k and likely pushing $4k

So no, new shorts are not in the budget.

So the question now is, did these morons generate $8k+ in revenue from these videos to cover their costs and actually make some money....you know, to pay the mortgage, hydro, property tax, food subscriptions, HOA fees, someone to power wash their driveway and paint the mailbox.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they only break even on the revenue, but bc that cheque comes a few weeks later they think it’s “income”. Likely don’t know the difference between revenue and income being self employed.

Reactions: 7
Well after 3 hotel stays in 14 days, at a cost of at least $2500 just for rooms....and that assumes 1 night in the standard legoland room (add $300+ if they stayed in the family suite - which we know they did without even seeing a video yet and are likely staying 2 nights), then add on all the theme park food and it’s easily well over $3k and likely pushing $4k

So no, new shorts are not in the budget.

So the question now is, did these morons generate $8k+ in revenue from these videos to cover their costs and actually make some money....you know, to pay the mortgage, hydro, property tax, food subscriptions, HOA fees, someone to power wash their driveway and paint the mailbox.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they only break even on the revenue, but bc that cheque comes a few weeks later they think it’s “income”. Likely don’t know the difference between revenue and income being self employed.
TTT doesn’t care.
Speculation is that they write off every hotel stay. Rooms, meals, parking fees and mileage.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Normal people: weekly grocery store trips
The almighty Slackers: weekly vacations w/ hotel stays

At some point, I would say even their fans should find all the trips gratuitous, but these are the same people who attempted to justify the bad videos, so big shrug.

Reactions: 6
TTT doesn’t care.
Speculation is that they write off every hotel stay. Rooms, meals, parking fees and mileage.
From a tax perspective you still need to generate more income then the cost.

If they earned $3k in revenue and spent $4k to earn that revenue, it’s a $1k net loss. Yes they “write off” $3k of the expenses against the $3k income as it would be a business expense, and taxable inclme goes to $0, but businesses don’t stay in business very long if they generate losses or just cover their costs. On a cash basis they are still in the hole $1k as the credit card bill still needs to be paid in full.

If they generated $6k in revenue against the $4k expense it’s $2k of income, which would be taxable. Assuming a 25% tax rate, they net $1500. For two weeks worth of “work”, you could make more with a real job. They could generate similar revenue with minimal costs if Jenn would stay home and Tim just did the parks himself.....just think $500 of costs for food, milage etc... over the two weeks, and they have a net profit $5,500.

I will say, not sure how the IRS works when it comes to food, but CRA (canada revenue) doesn’t allow 100% write off of meals when its just the “employees”. Have to be entertaining a client for full write off. So unlikely they get to write off 100% of their gluttony.

Reactions: 10
From a tax perspective you still need to generate more income then the cost.

If they earned $3k in revenue and spent $4k to earn that revenue, it’s a $1k net loss. Yes they “write off” $3k of the expenses against the $3k income as it would be a business expense, and taxable inclme goes to $0, but businesses don’t stay in business very long if they generate losses or just cover their costs. On a cash basis they are still in the hole $1k as the credit card bill still needs to be paid in full.

If they generated $6k in revenue against the $4k expense it’s $2k of income, which would be taxable. Assuming a 25% tax rate, they net $1500. For two weeks worth of “work”, you could make more with a real job. They could generate similar revenue with minimal costs if Jenn would stay home and Tim just did the parks himself.....just think $500 of costs for food, milage etc... over the two weeks, and they have a net profit $5,500.

I will say, not sure how the IRS works when it comes to food, but CRA (canada revenue) doesn’t allow 100% write off of meals when its just the “employees”. Have to be entertaining a client for full write off. So unlikely they get to write off 100% of their gluttony.
The US also has similar rules regarding writing off meals, there is a limitation and one has to keep receipts and records. However, Tim would be writing off all his food and snack purchases as products purchased for their video business/review, not as meals and as such I believe they would be allowed at 100%.

Reactions: 3

I saw a comment of someone asking where the channel was...There have been quite a few new videos posted over the past two weeks. This is the latest one. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The US also has similar rules regarding writing off meals, there is a limitation and one has to keep receipts and records. However, Tim would be writing off all his food and snack purchases as products purchased for their video business/review, not as meals and as such I believe they would be allowed at 100%.
Until the IRS auditor watches a couple of videos and comes to the logical conclusion that these two are not food critics, but rather just giant bleeping pigs who thought they could get away with it. Going to tax court, “your honour, i present exhibit A...pick any one of their youtube videos”. 5 minutes in, the judge is ruling in favour of the IRS.

If they ordered a reasonable amount, maybe its a valid claim as they were sampling for reviews....but when you order 4 entree’s + apps and an adult meal for your 14 month old, you are trying to scam the system.

Reactions: 7
Just watched the boring vlog. Wondering why Jackson is napping around 1 pm still in his pajamas.
I hate it when they don't eat dinner as a family. It is actually really beneficial for kids to eat with their parents. It helps them learn good eating habits and good nutrition.
Wait a minute- I just realized what I wrote. He will never learn about good habits or nutrition from his parents!!
I also thought it was funny when Tim lamented that he doesn't know how they will plan their outings around Jackson's new nap time. Oh nos! Maybe they shouldn't bring Jackson every time?! Just a thought.

Reactions: 12
Wearing clothes way too small for him as he balloons out larger every day. One of these times his shorts will split down the middle, and I hope Molly catches it on camera. Also, didn't he just get a ton of shorts for Christmas? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.