Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

georgiecait

VIP Member
maybe this sounds nuts, but fuck it, I enjoy vandalising the dogs on the sims with the coat design tool. less crazy thing is I like making doppelgängers of famous people. i once made Jeremy corbyn and Boris Johnson and put them into a bed sit together. I can get the likeness down pretty good. I make people I find annoying as well like Owen Jones 😭 Ive gotten so good at it now I genuinely think I could make a sim for a facial composite!!! I draw the line at getting them to have relationships with people but I’ll usually make them turn up at other sims’ houses and be a nuisance.

when I want to be mean I make mazes for them so they have to traverse like 4 floors in order to get to the fridge.

I always use the spray paint tool to draw “designs” on the dogs or change their faces, like try to make them look like anything other than a dog. Sometimes I spray paint big googly eyes on them so when they’re running around in the world they look like this

sometimes I’ll write something ridiculous on the dogs like a reference to a conspiracy theory.

I often forget who I’ve made so I get a laugh out of it like unexpectedly seeing a dog that looks like Alex turner show up on the lot, or seeing Ed balls rummaging through rubbish outside my active sim’s house. or zooming in over a dog and seeing it say shit like “the earth is flat” or “Philip schofield is a lizard person” written on its side

it is annoying when I’m actually trying to make a family succeed and then the legion of unhinged sims I’ve made turn up.

I’m honestly quite normal otherwise. I find it hilarious but it’s definitely not everyone’s cup of tea
Get it out honey 💗

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
That’s hilarious! I once made a Big Brother house with eight housemates and then locked all the doors so nobody could leave. It was a basic house with only a few toilets and a shower and none of them had any skills so on the few occasions they had food and tried to cook, there would be fires set off 😂 People would get “evicted” which just meant I put them in a small room with no toilet or beds so they went crazy and then go back into the main house as a “secret twist” after a few days 😂😂😂
I totally used to do this the memories came flooding back reading your post🤣

I also used to enjoy making ‘mental asylums’ which is very similar to a big brother house in the Sims world.

When they made it so sims had ‘genetics’ and their kids would actually look like them in sims 2 onwards, I took great delight in making ugly sims with ridiculously large/small features and then breeding them to see what the result was.

• Haha

Sally1993

Chatty Member
Does anyone else love the Sims for the escapism it gives? If I’m having a really stressful time I find the Sims helps to take my mind to another place and it’s such a relief.

Underhiseye

Chatty Member
I’ve found my people. I love the sims, I buy a new expansion pack whenever they’re on offer but I play on console and I think if I get anymore my game will give up on me 😓
I always start my games with a survival of the fittest and leave 8 random sims in a house with loads of hazards.. the last person alive is my new sim 😂

• Haha
I have all the naughty mods: drugs, gangs, violence, strip clubs, etc. My game is like Grand Theft Auto without cars. My fiancé absolutely hates it but it keeps me entertained :D

• Haha
  • Heart
Absolutely love sims 2. Spent all my teen years playing it. I get back into in every couple of month now. My favourite thing to do is make a family then have the dad leave and start as many other families as possible until he has about 20 odd kids and in my head no one knows about all these secret families. Works great until the kids start bringing home their secret siblings from school 🤦‍♀️

I really want to love the sims 4. I like how there’s so much more freedom with decorating and using objects. I’ll watch trailers or videos on YouTube and be really excited about playing it. Then I start and everything is a fecking confusing effort and I can’t be bothered.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

bolimepipi

VIP Member
omg just seeing this thread now!!

klapaucius;!;!;!;!;!;!
rosebud;!;!;!;!;;!;!;!

*checks bank account*

• Haha
  • Heart

rlouisep9

VIP Member
Does anyone else love the Sims for the escapism it gives? If I’m having a really stressful time I find the Sims helps to take my mind to another place and it’s such a relief.
Yeah especially as it's the only place I can afford a house 😂

• Haha

under the ivy

VIP Member
I’ve played it since I was 11! Loved Sims 1 on PC especially Hot Date. Sims 2 was the best! Sims 3 I like the open world but can’t get over the graphics 😬 I do like Sims 4 but haven’t touched it for a few months because it’s got no gameplay even though I have lots of packs and mods for it (I have Wicked Whims mod 😂). Snowy Escape looks good on the YT reviews I’ve watched but I know I’d only play it for a week binge then not touch it again.

Resting Rage Face

I may have spent 60+ quid on The Sims 4 yesterday, and it's ALL Tattle's fault (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). ;)

• Haha

Kaylon8083

Chatty Member
oh I didn’t realise it weren’t out yet! I just googled it and it says you can already buy it on cd keys so I thought it was out! It does look good I will probs but it too. Haven’t treated myself to a new expansion pack for a while 😊
The last one I bought was the wedding game pack, but that was a complete nightmare. Each time my sims got married, various engaged couples would turn up and join the wedding and help themselves to the food 😂. Plus none of the guests turned up in formal wear, just their normal clothes.

Last edited:
  • Haha

mochibean

VIP Member
All I want for the next sims game is customisation options. I wanna create my neighbourhoods and place my own lots. It was so good in sims 2 you could place as many as you could fit. A remake of sims 2 with updated graphics would be amazing. Never gonna happen but that game had so much thought and effort go into it in comparison to sims 4.

Amyx1518

VIP Member
I loved Sims 2, I ended up about 5 generations down from the original starter families. Remember the single mum Brandi who lived in a trailer with Beau and Dustin the teenager. I had him marry one of the ginger twins, and Brandi adopted about 10 kids and I used the cheat to make her rich and live in a big house. Don Lothario got her pregnant again aswell.

There was that aging potion as well that you could drink to make an elder an adult again, so you would have a weird situation where parents were younger than the children 🤣

Loved the University expansion pack, nightlife, and open for business. Game changer was discovering you could make the radio stations play your own music by putting your mp3 files in the programme files, so loads of songs from 2006-2009 remind me of sims 2!!
The Broke family were my favourite. The lore of the Sims 2 is what sets it apart from the other games. The sims 1 is obviously iconic as that’s where it all started, and The sims 3 is probably my all time favourite game play wise, as I spent the longest playing it. The sims 4 build mode is beautiful but game play it’s never held me in the same way as 3. But the sims 2 is the richest, most fulfilling game in the franchise in my opinion. Interested to see how the sims 5 compares, in due course.

Sosig

Chatty Member
Used to be mad on Sims 1 (Ps2 not sure if this happened on PC) but you’d snog your husband and it would come up like “shall we have a baby?” And this creepy cradle used to appear 😂😂😂

• Haha

grumpycat

VIP Member
I haven't played Sims in years! I only every played the first one, and for a few years got obsessed with it. I do recall having kids was a bit hard work and I couldn't be bothered with them, so I'd kill them. Used to do a few other random killings, but I can't remember many now. I know I did the swimming pool with no steps, starving to death, exercising to death. Burning to death was a fun one. I'd create a load of trash and start cooking next to it to start a fire. They build walls around the fire and the sim. I think you could sell the gravestones too.

God, I sound like such an evil and sadistic person. I'm honestly really nice!

I do recall having kids was a bit hard work and I couldn't be bothered with them, so I'd kill them. Used to do a few other random killings, but I can't remember many now.

Crying at this 😂😂😂 it’s like confessions of a serial killer I love it 😂😂

• Haha

thisbiatch

Am I the only one who still plays The Sims 2? I can't with The Sims 4 because it has very little freedom with Neighbourhood customization. The amazing building tools can't make up for the lack of neighborhood tools. I also hate the cartoonish art style. I also love The Sims 3 but it was so laggy on my PC that I couldn't play ot anymore. I also enjoy gameplay of The Sims 2 the most because it's so relaxing with small details and it's also kind of harder than The Sims 4.

• Heart

Ef27

I started a new game on this last week 😂 Don has married Cassandra and got her pregnant but he’s still shagging the sisters and two other random birds he picked up walking past the house 🤣
My sims shagging don too but she’s a stripper and hooker so she’s shagged most of the town, I’m using the wicked whims and hoe it up mod 🤣they’re the best, she also does live streams sort of like only fans 😇 I’m just living my best slutty life through my sim in lockdown 😅

• Haha