Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

grumpycat

VIP Member
I’ve just watched her build with the new pack and it’s made me want it SO bad!! Her Parenting story is probably my fave Sims YT series, I loved Grandma Judy 😅
same here! I haven’t seen much of her other videos but will deffo check them out. Find her humour hilarious😂

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
I found a copy of Sims 2 that my parents had held onto in their attic which I’ve been able to install and play but sadly no luck with the expansions and I’m reluctant to buy them again… I spoke to EA’s customer support and they confirmed it’s now unsupported 😭

Ef27

Anyone know if you can get sims 3 and some bundles cheap anywhere? I spent load on the expansion packs for sims 4 already in lockdown but I’m bored of it now 🤣😅

Koakes

One of my absolute favourite things to do! Cannot wait for the Country Living pack. Can I ask how you all play your games? Every laptop I’ve ever used it on has been SO slow! Would you recommend any particular laptop?
I play on laptop and it's pretty good! I have all the packs and don't have CC. I found when I played with CC it slowed my game down alot. I also have 8GB of ram, I think that's right I'm not computer smart haha, and my husband says that helps 🤷‍♀️

Does anyone know anything about sims 2 being taken off origin? I follow a lot of Twitter stuff about sims and people are showing it’s being taken down. Mines still on there! I’d be so gutted if it went I play it all the time 😭

kittypaws

VIP Member
This thread!! Sims 2 will forever hold a special place in my heart. It was the first Sims game I was ever given. Only recently have I found out that there's such a thing called custom content on Sims 4???!! I only ever used motherlode and kaching in Sims 2 I didn't even know there were other cheat codes back then 😂
Custom content and mods are absolute game changers

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
So far the wants are a huge improvement over whims. They aren’t as in depth as say wants and wishes from the previous games though. They only added wants to the base game and I presume the new HS pack. Some of the wants repeat a lot. For example, I have a sim who likes New Age music. Several times a day she rolls a want to listen to that music. Unlike sims 3 wishes though you can’t click the wish away. I believe there is an aspiration reward that lets you wipe it. I found out the hard way she has to fulfill this want by listening to the stereo only. So ear buds don’t count. My Sim gets the wish daily to spend at least 8 hours outdoors as she has the loves outdoors trait. Which makes sense but sometimes it not possible to fulfill as she’s a university student. She did get a want to be friendly to a roommate, I fulfilled that and because they had been mean to each other as the roommate was a pain in the butt, she then got a want to be disliked by the roommate. This made me happy. A sim day later she rolled a want to be friends with him.

The problem with the above in particular the roommate scenario is if you don’t fulfill your sims wants they get a fear of unfulfilled dreams. I’ve had this three times now as I haven’t fulfilled all her wants In any given day. I think the wants are an improvement over whims as they were awful and whilst I feel this gives sims a wee bit more personality it feels kinda rail roading. I see people complain sims 2 wants and fears were restricting but I don’t agree. Yes there were consequences if long term they were fulfilling too many fears and not enough wants but their wants made sense as did their fears. Their fears were logical and related to that sim. I can see all my sims having the same fear of unfulfilled dreams in case I don’t achieve their wants every day. And I know I can turn it off but I don’t want to. I like wants and fears to guide my sim. It’s just right now they are very repetitive.
I just read if you turn wants/fears on and off it’ll reset them, don’t know how easy it is to do that though

Jovie

I couldn’t find much on it- what is it They’re promising to make it seem better? Is it more to do with building?
Not much has been said but the customisation level is meant to be really good, height etc, and even different fronts of kitchens cupboards haha random I know but still really good! They have a few videos on their website :)