Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DigiDuino

I'm terrible for never playing it properly! I just like building nice houses then never move any sims in 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 39

kittypaws

VIP Member
I am so buzzing for Cottage Living especially as it’s inspired from the cotswolds which I love and only live an hour from 😭

I got excited and made an England style holiday cottage today, I’ll post a few screenshots below. But you just know when the pack comes out with cottage themed items I’ll end up changing it all. Or just building a new one 🤣

Excuse the last photo lol it’s a pic I took of my computer screen not an actual screenshot. Still more landscaping to do but happy with it so far!

17BADBA5-B298-46C8-B497-DDDF92A6E034.jpeg

FBC7D65E-407C-46FB-9C17-D3D29399C5BA.jpeg

4ED8B413-EA47-4486-8E7B-E26322D56968.jpeg

8197A75F-8384-43C5-8A05-21DD37C332E8.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Cupcakeapple

VIP Member
My sims always have to cheat and have affairs 😂😂 the only thing that annoyed me is that you can’t get a teen pregnant

• Haha
Reactions: 22

kittypaws

VIP Member
I’ve started playing cottage living now and decided to start from scratch with no money and make it more of a challenge for myself. I’ve always just played with loads of money and just acted out storylines and never actually done much game play with the sims if that makes sense. So myself and my sim are learning all about fishing, gardening and cooking and my god there’s so much to learn and remember 🤣

My story is my sim is a young adult; her parents died and left her some money so she bought a house in the countryside because she’s always dreamed of living that life. But she has no money left over and has to make her own way now. She has a part time job as a barista to bring a small amount of money in and at the moment is growing flowers and fishing then selling it to the grocery shop whilst educating herself (and myself) along the way. It’s sort of gonna be a rags to riches and she will end up with a daughter and a massive farm with animals, living her best farm life.
Just quoting myself here as my storyline mentioned above has gone tits up already 🤣 My sim was doing really well, she’d learnt a lot about gardening and fishing and had 2 chickens. She was catching and selling fish, making jams and selling them and completing village errands. Her dream of owning her own farm didn’t seem such a long way off now. She had no interest in romance but hoped one day when she was settled down she’d meet a nice man and have a child, but was a very reserved, innocent sim.

Then she got invited to a pool party in Sulani, had too many drinks, decided to stay over night but had nowhere to sleep, wee or wash. So she befriended an elderly man who lives on the beach and had to flirt her way into his house to use his facilities. Next thing they’re having sex and she’s returning to Henford on Bagley carrying his baby 🤣🤣🤣

I was having a tough enough time keeping the plants healthy and the chickens fed and happy, now I’ve got a bloody baby to look after 😭😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21

stewpot

Chatty Member
Yesss love it! All though I’ve got children so can only play for a bit in the evenings. I can’t play without cheating though, I need alll the money 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

LittleMy

VIP Member
Have played since I was 12. I’m 31 now and will still have a cheeky game of it when kids are asleep (if I’m not too tired that is). I’ll never tire of it.

Tell me all the inventive ways you would kill off your Sims? When I was younger, a favourite of mine was buying fireworks and taking away the doors, getting them to set them off inside the doorless room and cause a fire. 😬🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

NP

VIP Member
I always play rags to riches. My Sim is a single woman, cooking, gardening and cross-stitching, living off the land. She’s just had a baby with her neighbour Simon Scott, who always pranks my toilet every time he comes to my house. He’s married to Sara Scott, owner of the pub, who my Sim is also friends with. My Sim is obviously not a good friend.

• Haha

mozzarellagirl

VIP Member
i'm dating this guy (still relatively new) and he's at mine rn and i just want him to piss off so i can order takeaway and play sims in peace 😭😭😭

• Haha
  • Heart

rlouisep9

VIP Member
Me waiting for Cottage Living to be on sale rather than paying full price because I'm currently buying an actual real life house and can't use motherlode for it

• Haha
Reactions: 17

georgiecait

VIP Member
I loved the little montages in Sims 2 when you’d go to Uni, get married, first kiss that sort of thing!
Also the tiny details when cooking food. They nailed it.
Such nostalgia with the music too.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
This thread has made me smile. I have never played The Sims but my daughter has been playing it since she was about 10. She's 24 now and still playing.

She threw a sickie from school one day when one of The Sims came out. She said she was poorly in the morning but felt well enough to go to Game that afternoon to get the game. Stupid me took her to cheer her up because she'd felt ill. (This all came out about 4 years ago when she confessed 😆 )

• Haha
  • Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I loved the storyline. With Bella disappearing after she had been shagging Don, even though he was with Cassandra, but he was shagging Nina & Dina. Even though they were sisters! And one of them was married to Mortimer? Think it was Dina 🤣 it was quality. If I werent exhausted due to my baby I'd probs play it all of lockdown 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

greenvelvet

VIP Member
maybe this sounds nuts, but fuck it, I enjoy vandalising the dogs on the sims with the coat design tool. less crazy thing is I like making doppelgängers of famous people. i once made Jeremy corbyn and Boris Johnson and put them into a bed sit together. I can get the likeness down pretty good. I make people I find annoying as well like Owen Jones 😭 Ive gotten so good at it now I genuinely think I could make a sim for a facial composite!!! I draw the line at getting them to have relationships with people but I’ll usually make them turn up at other sims’ houses and be a nuisance.

when I want to be mean I make mazes for them so they have to traverse like 4 floors in order to get to the fridge.

I always use the spray paint tool to draw “designs” on the dogs or change their faces, like try to make them look like anything other than a dog. Sometimes I spray paint big googly eyes on them so when they’re running around in the world they look like this

sometimes I’ll write something ridiculous on the dogs like a reference to a conspiracy theory.

I often forget who I’ve made so I get a laugh out of it like unexpectedly seeing a dog that looks like Alex turner show up on the lot, or seeing Ed balls rummaging through rubbish outside my active sim’s house. or zooming in over a dog and seeing it say shit like “the earth is flat” or “Philip schofield is a lizard person” written on its side

it is annoying when I’m actually trying to make a family succeed and then the legion of unhinged sims I’ve made turn up.

I’m honestly quite normal otherwise. I find it hilarious but it’s definitely not everyone’s cup of tea

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
I'm in my 30s and I still play it. I love to make swimming pools, watch them get in, go to build mode and take the steps away 🤣

I also liked making them use the vibrating bed too much.

An other one I play alot still is Theme park and Theme Hospital or the new updated version of it called 2 point hospital. I will never get bored of these games.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

HelloStereo

VIP Member
I find my pregnant Sims get hungrier more often so they eat more during that time which doesn’t help with their weight. I’ve been getting my Sims to do a daily workout on the treadmill to try and keep it under control but some of them hate fitness so it makes them miserable😅
Yeah they get hungry and tired quicker. My pregnant sims basically can't function for three days. They just eat cereal and then pass out and wet themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

The King in the North

Did anyone hate in Sims 2, when Mortimer would storm into people's houses, insult people, argue with them, make them cry and suddenly leave. Then, they wouldn't do anything because they were upset.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

MrsGrealish

VIP Member
I'm 38 and still play The Sims 3

My towns are normally full of illegitimate children because the townies cant help themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 12