The Sims

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well after reading this thread all day, all I wanna do is play sims.. but my bf is hogging the laptop watching footy transfers deadline day 🙄 piss off mate 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
the leaked pack refresh looks really good!
I agree though at the same time I’m just so conditioned into seeing the Sims 4 as shallow that I feel like this is another feature that will excite people for the shortest time before they get bored

I’ve been watching a lot of Plumbella and she makes me want to play the game 😭

Reactions: 5
It‘s not normal how excited I am for my sims to be getting mani-pedis 😂

Reactions: 1
I agree though at the same time I’m just so conditioned into seeing the Sims 4 as shallow that I feel like this is another feature that will excite people for the shortest time before they get bored

I’ve been watching a lot of Plumbella and she makes me want to play the game 😭
i feel like sims lovers have such low expectations now that something as simple as nails is groundbreaking 😂 just shows how much the sims 4 lacks.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I hope they update all of the old packs and more of the basegame. Some of the early hair looks terrible, and not just the afro textures. I wonder if this is the build up to Sims 5 in a way, starting to tie up all the loose ends in Sims 4, adding content that they originally didn't have time for. At least it's free and not the ~Naughty Nail Kit~ ($4.99)

Reactions: 9
What laptop are you all using to play the sims? I need to play this was my childhood/teen years 😂

What laptop are you all using to play the sims? I need to play this was my childhood/teen years 😂
I use a MacBook Air and it runs fine, the fans just get a bit loud! I don’t have a ton of packs though, and no mods/CC

I run mine on an acer aspire laptop that is about 8 years old. It actually runs fine with all the packs installed. Only lags occasionally or if I have a lot going on on a lot. The graphics settings are set to medium so it doesn’t even look that bad.

Sims 4 seems quite good in the sense that it will run decently on older computers.

Totally agree about the original hairstyles looking awful. Same with some of the original clothes.

I'm 38 and still play The Sims 3

My towns are normally full of illegitimate children because the townies cant help themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I find that most laptops can run Sims 4 pretty well (subject to some graphics changes) but the problem can be how buggy the game is

Last I played the game became really buggy the longer I played with one family. There’s that bug where the Sims just freeze completely and stop responding so you have to reset them. It kept happening so frequently I would just let them stand there for a couple of in game hours

I think the Finchwich fair is rigged. I entered the giant crop competition with a perfect oversized pumpkin. No one else submitted an a perfect over sized crop and yet I came third! Bollocks…

Baked an excellent raspberry pie, the other entrants only had ‘normal’ level pies and all I got was a participation prize!

Next time I’m bribing the mayor.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I have caved and redownloaded everything again 😭

I don't have an awful lot of hope for Cottage Living tbh (imagine it gets repetitive quickly) but I'm rather excited to play with it

I hope they update all of the old packs and more of the basegame. Some of the early hair looks terrible, and not just the afro textures. I wonder if this is the build up to Sims 5 in a way, starting to tie up all the loose ends in Sims 4, adding content that they originally didn't have time for. At least it's free and not the ~Naughty Nail Kit~ ($4.99)
ok this got me really excited, bc i think you might be right about them building up to ts5. if they want the sales they’re going to have sims 4 end on a high for those sales. i could see a new year’s announcement tbh

Reactions: 2
I really want to know who thought that the dust kit was a good idea in general tbh

It's £5 but there's honestly not a whole lot to the gameplay and I really don't think it even adds a 'realistic' factor to the Sims or anything of the like. The dust bunnies are cute and all but they also don't do an awful lot. But still, for £5 I'd sort of expect something that I could be bothered/encouraged to keep on during the game

Was this ever requested by the community? Is this just the team's way of showing why some ideas may be a bit bad?

I love the Sims and have played Sims 1, 2, 3 and 4 over the years. When I was a teenager, I made one of my Sims make some Jam for her husband and the ungrateful man stamped on it.

I would like to buy Cottage Living and I'm looking forward to the updated Spa Day as it's definitely quite weak ATM. I've got to wait for my internet to be installed before I can play again as I need to repair my game.

With Sims 4, I've created a mixture of family and favourite book characters so it's quite a mix in my towns. Although my sims do like using the rocket ship for pleasure trips at Geekcon.

I do find that Sims 4 does get quite buggy at times. I had a lot of trouble with the Eco Pack and my sims including the ones with good traits nicking all the furniture in my restaurants.

I really want to know who thought that the dust kit was a good idea in general tbh

It's £5 but there's honestly not a whole lot to the gameplay and I really don't think it even adds a 'realistic' factor to the Sims or anything of the like. The dust bunnies are cute and all but they also don't do an awful lot. But still, for £5 I'd sort of expect something that I could be bothered/encouraged to keep on during the game

Was this ever requested by the community? Is this just the team's way of showing why some ideas may be a bit bad?
I bought it thinking “it’s only a fiver” and it’s fun for about a minute before it’s annoying. Mad that it’s provided two new personality traits when we hardly ever get them 😂

I bought it thinking “it’s only a fiver” and it’s fun for about a minute before it’s annoying. Mad that it’s provided two new personality traits when we hardly ever get them 😂
i’ve noticed many people end up turning the dust feature off. it really is such a waste of a kit. very pointless, i would preferred an entire household chores (for kids too) kit instead.

i’ve noticed many people end up turning the dust feature off. it really is such a waste of a kit. very pointless, i would preferred an entire household chores (for kids too) kit instead.
That would have been great! Maybe have a general tidy room X, empty dishwasher, take the bins out etc

I end up turning off most features tbh. Especially eco lifestyle! There was a time when every sims week my water or power would get shut down due to some plan. Was super annoying.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.