The Sims

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah it's not the best birthday they've ever had is it 😂. I think you can adjust how many days each life stage on the game options menu if you think it goes too quickly!
Ooooh thank you!

I was sad because he was my lothario character and I was trying to get him to get every woman he met pregnant 🤣 I only managed 8 pregnancies

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Does anyone else find the Sims lifespan is so short on Sims 4? They die so quickly!
You can extend their lifespans

Ive tried it before but honestly the game is so shallow that I didn’t find it very worth it. I’d start hoping that Sims would age up just so I had something new to do

Reactions: 3
Ooooh thank you!

I was sad because he was my lothario character and I was trying to get him to get every woman he met pregnant 🤣 I only managed 8 pregnancies
Haha you should try again but extend his young adult and adult life stages!

Reactions: 1
Does anyone else find the Sims lifespan is so short on Sims 4? They die so quickly!
Yes! Although after the first generation if they maintain some level of fitness skill then I get the opposite issue and they hang around for aaaaaages when really you need them to shuffle off and make room.

Pregnancy also seems to make female Sims age slower, which feels counter intuitive 😅 I had a couple who had the same days left to age up when I started and after 3 kids she ended up being something like 11 days behind her husband in age

Reactions: 2
Yes! Although after the first generation if they maintain some level of fitness skill then I get the opposite issue and they hang around for aaaaaages when really you need them to shuffle off and make room.

Pregnancy also seems to make female Sims age slower, which feels counter intuitive 😅 I had a couple who had the same days left to age up when I started and after 3 kids she ended up being something like 11 days behind her husband in age
In the Sims 3 if I remember rightly, the length of the elder life stage was dependent on how many aspirations and wishes you managed to fulfil throughout the other stages? Is Sims 4 different then, and things like fitness affect it instead?

In the Sims 3 if I remember rightly, the length of the elder life stage was dependent on how many aspirations and wishes you managed to fulfil throughout the other stages? Is Sims 4 different then, and things like fitness affect it instead?
I think it’s similar, living a happy/comfortable life extends the elder phase and achieving the top of the fitness aspiration thingy gives them a ‘long lived’ trait that definitely extends it

I think if you’re sim is fat (as mine usually end up even eating just salad🙄) then that causes them to die earlier too.

In Sims 4 do the women always get bigger after having babies? Or am I just over feeding mine lol

Reactions: 8
In Sims 4 do the women always get bigger after having babies? Or am I just over feeding mine lol
i’m currently doing the 100 baby challenge and my sim has had about 20 kids so far. she was quite slim when i started and just a little curvy. but now after all these kids she has become huge 😅🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I find my pregnant Sims get hungrier more often so they eat more during that time which doesn’t help with their weight. I’ve been getting my Sims to do a daily workout on the treadmill to try and keep it under control but some of them hate fitness so it makes them miserable😅

I find my pregnant Sims get hungrier more often so they eat more during that time which doesn’t help with their weight. I’ve been getting my Sims to do a daily workout on the treadmill to try and keep it under control but some of them hate fitness so it makes them miserable😅
Yeah they get hungry and tired quicker. My pregnant sims basically can't function for three days. They just eat cereal and then pass out and wet themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Anyone else feel like playing Cottage Living is making them feel guilty about eating meat? I keep thinking of my cow and chickens. Maybe it will turn me vegetarian.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Anyone else feel like playing Cottage Living is making them feel guilty about eating meat? I keep thinking of my cow and chickens. Maybe it will turn me vegetarian.
Nope. I have sent several roosters off for dinner ingredients.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think I’m doing it wrong 🤣 mine all died of old age 🤣 maybe I should have sold them!

I’ve started a new family now, im seeing how many babies I can have before I drive myself crazy, im up 4 now and she’s pregnant with her 5th 🙈

• Haha
Thank you! I had a quick google and saw people talking about Mac's melting, which concerned me a bit. Gonna check it out now.

Edit: It's coming up with a subscription but it says PC only? I am turning into such a boomer... 😒
Sims killed my Mac 😭 just died on me half way through a game and wouldn’t switch back on 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Sims killed my Mac 😭 just died on me half way through a game and wouldn’t switch back on 😞
It’s funny you say that - I got as far as downloading origin - decided to finally upgrade to Big Sur before I got the Sims and my laptop has been in an endless loop since Friday 😔 Solidarity

• Sad
It’s funny you say that - I got as far as downloading origin - decided to finally upgrade to Big Sur before I got the Sims and my laptop has been in an endless loop since Friday 😔 Solidarity
Ohh no hopefully your laptop survives 😞

been playing loads today after weeks of not opening my laptop. i’m on gen 6 of my legacy save and i’m shocked i haven’t got bored yet. i play on short lifespan when i feel myself getting fed up.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.