Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
2354936F-932D-4616-9BD1-76E9030BA5F2.jpeg
Over the moon with this for my first run in over a month. It was SO cold and SO windy though I didn’t feel like I was actually moving at one point 😂 now to try and keep it up 🙈 just can’t wait for some half decent weather!

• Heart
Reactions: 8

BashmentLady

VIP Member
Just did my longest yet - 7.88K. I'm slow, and over weight. But pretty pleased with this. My mental health has been pretty bad the last few weeks [not helped by me drinking myself into oblivion] so I want to keep this up least it help.

Well done @jjhv! What an achievement!

• Heart

theghosttown

VIP Member
Oh my godddd I am so proud of myself. I managed to nail 2.25 miles in 30 mins. That’s the longest and quickest I have managed to run. Feel on course to smashing a 5k.

• Heart

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
I only ran 3 times last week but I did a 10k again on Saturday and got 1:00:57 😄 gonna try and get out at least 4 times this week but I’m trying to remind myself of the importance of rest days too so I don’t end up with an injury. 5 months today until my half marathon if it goes ahead 🏃‍♀️

• Heart

kadykal95

Chatty Member
I started running in 2017. I never thought i'd be able to do it. I'm not fast at all. My normal 5k is around 32-33 mins and 10k in around 1hr 4mins. But it makes me feel amazing. I always feel physically and mentally better after a run. I'd love to run more often but I only manage once a week when I'm working and around 3 times a week when I'm off. Back in may I ran over 70k, the most i've ever run in a month.

The furthest I've run is around 11k and i really have no desire to run anymore than that, i don't care about time or pace, i just run because i enjoy it.

• Heart

whatktdid

Ran the furthest I ever have yesterday ☺ Lately I've been doing 2x a 2.5km loop from my house, either going slowly while listening to an audiobook or quicker listening to music, depending on the day. But yesterday I decided to keep it nice and slow, but to do a 3rd loop and run 7.5km instead of 5km.

Thinking about starting a 6 week 10k training plan and signing up for a virtual one to do in early January, perhaps...

• Heart
I went for a run yesterday - week 6 run 2. Consisted of 2 10 min runs with a 3 min walk in between - I was very impressed with myself.only my 2nd run since August and wasn’t too bad - no more little walk breaks anymore which worries me a little !

• Heart
Reactions: 7

veryfondoftea

VIP Member
This is a great thread! I’ve just started running again, never done it for more than a few weeks at a time so never seen any real improvement. I want to try and stick to it this time! I currently run 5k in 38 minutes and would love to get to under 30 minutes e.g. 29 minutes 59 seconds 😂

• Haha

kazizzle

VIP Member
I lost the motivation to run over winter but I’m really hoping now with spring in the air I’ll be able to get back in to it. Just upgraded my Garmin so hopefully that will also help motivate me to get out there more.

frustrated

Hello am i alright to join this thread please? I love running and go about four or five times a week

• Heart

stopthescams

Chatty Member
I completed couch 2 5k today I’m so proud of myself! Especially since I took the pressure of weight loss off it, I ran to move my body instead of thinking about calories etc

• Heart

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
This post from trackclubbabe about inclusivity is fantastic 😊 I was reading the Runners World forum the other day about what is considered a good 10K time after I was mega happy for getting just over an hour and 30 seconds and it made me feel like crap cos people were saying stuff like ‘anyone who’s serious about running should be able to do a sub 45’ and I was like I literally couldn’t do that if my life depended on it! Made me feel rubbish. Love how this post is all about how running is for everyone and there shouldn’t be such elitism!
2978D04D-089A-4A78-8EB3-27A0604CBB00.jpeg

• Heart

jjhv

Thanks for the mention!

I’ve always been a terrible runner. When I was younger I couldn't even run between two lamp posts! However the other year I decided to train to run to 5k without stopping and actually did it. I loved how it made me feel and being able to accomplish a fitness goal that felt so out of reach was incredible. Unfortunately, I haven't really improved too much since then but still regularly run.

My goals are:
- run 5k in under half an hour
- run a 10k without stopping

Does anyone have any tips to reach either of these goals?

I’m so glad this was made!

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I did my first post Christmas just now. Chose a slightly different route to mix it up a bit. Was hard though due to all the crap I’ve eaten and drunk over the last few days. Diet definitely affects how well I run.

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
I am absolutely loving running at the moment. I have never liked it and felt full of dread when I got a place in the half marathon I applied to on a whim. But now I am loving it - today I even tackled running up a hill!

• Heart

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
I ran 4 miles in 35 mins today and I still can’t quite believe it! I couldn’t run longer than 10 mins this time six months ago!

Love hearing people’s running stories on this thread ❤

• Heart