The Running Thread 🏃‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Too hungover :sick:

Aiming for Dry Jan (never done it before) and, hopefully, lots of running. I have a lot of weight to shift.
I'm doing Dry Jan too and also never done it before! Trying to ignore the half full bottle of Prosecco in the fridge and my waste not want not mentality 😂

Reactions: 3
I went and did 3 miles, my stomach is a bit off now does anyone else get like that after a run? 💩 🤣

Reactions: 4
I'm doing Dry Jan too and also never done it before! Trying to ignore the half full bottle of Prosecco in the fridge and my waste not want not mentality 😂
We have SO much booze in the house it is ridiculous! My drinking really ramped up this year so I desperately want to get it under control.

Good luck @SpiceWeasel - we can do it!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I went and did 3 miles, my stomach is a bit off now does anyone else get like that after a run? 💩 🤣
I have IBS so I struggle to determine sometimes what is actually the cause :ROFLMAO:

PS Well done you!
We have SO much booze in the house it is ridiculous! My drinking really ramped up this year so I desperately want to get it under control.

Good luck @SpiceWeasel - we can do it!
Good luck to you too :giggle:

Reactions: 1
Glad I’ve found this thread! I ran my first sub-30 5k the other day and I was so excited about it. Does anyone else really struggle with running on their own though? Like I find myself getting bored even with music or a podcast? 😂

Since starting this thread I've basically abandoned running. It's making my chest hurt and I cannot get past week 3 of couch to 5k. Debating giving it another try but honestly...I feel like maybe I need to give up on running and find a new exercise. Anyone else ever experienced this feeling?
im doing couch to 10K and I found week 3 absolutely tit. I don’t know why but it was brutal. I’m now at the end of week 6 (15 minutes of non stop running whatttt) and finding it much easier end almost getting frustrated with the app stopping and starting running. Maybe try just going at your own pace without the app and running and walking as and when your body feels it - or keep trying with the app.

Good luck to both of you! @SpiceWeasel xx

I’m going to have to make a doctors appointment because this happens regularly it’s putting me off running longer distances tbh 🥴
Def get it checked out but remember that exercise (particularly running) really gets the digestive system going so it could just be that! Also, if you are anxious, that will go straight to your stomach xx

Today I did my longest run period in almost a year 15 solid minutes of running followed by a 3 minute walk and then a 5 minute run. Doesn’t seem much but I was struggling so much at the beginning of this couch to 10K experience and now I look forward to it and enjoy the longer chunks than the shorter bits. I will say however my pacing is a hot bloody mess and I need to figure out a more stable pace as I start to go further - so does anyone have tips?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I completed couch 2 5k today I’m so proud of myself! Especially since I took the pressure of weight loss off it, I ran to move my body instead of thinking about calories etc

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yes - but I’d liken it almost to really bad period type pain and it happens mainly in the week or so before my period, or when when sprinting. It’s sometimes worse than period pain itself but subsides after a few minutes if I stop. It’s hard to tell if it’s period pain or digestive pain as it’s so low down, if that makes sense?

Any advice for a newbie? I'm tier 4 and usually do 4 spin classes a week so looking for something I can do to get me nice and sweaty! I've downloaded coach to 5k but it's a bit slow. Any other running apps you would recommend? Or am I best to start with c25k?

Any advice for a newbie? I'm tier 4 and usually do 4 spin classes a week so looking for something I can do to get me nice and sweaty! I've downloaded coach to 5k but it's a bit slow. Any other running apps you would recommend? Or am I best to start with c25k?
Maybe skip ahead a few weeks if you’re comfortable doing so? Maybe start on week 3!

Tomorrow I’m going to start again with couch to 5k - I’ve committed to moving my body for at least 30 mins a day every day in January, whether that’s yoga (which I’m terrible at), a walk, or a run session. Excited for a challenge and hoping I won’t just get to a weekend and not be bothered!

Hi guys, I read all of the posts in this thread and felt so motivated to run today! Thank you for sharing all your tips!

I usually need to stop running (more like a slow jog) after 18 mins, but after taking on board all your suggestions (as well as not constantly checking my watch), I somehow managed to run for 34 mins today!

Really looking forward to running more in January and hope to quicken my pace ☺

• Heart
Hi guys, I read all of the posts in this thread and felt so motivated to run today! Thank you for sharing all your tips!

I usually need to stop running (more like a slow jog) after 18 mins, but after taking on board all your suggestions (as well as not constantly checking my watch), I somehow managed to run for 34 mins today!

Really looking forward to running more in January and hope to quicken my pace ☺
this is great well done! What were the suggestions if you don’t mind me asking?

This is sad but yesterday I ordered one of those little stepper machines 🤣 apart from my run or if I go shopping I just don’t get any steps in cos I’m not going out as normal for work. I was just thinking I can go on it while I’m watching TV rather than just sitting here. Tier 4 here now, I’m gutted about the gym being closed as it is absolutely freezing out. Going to try and get out for a run tomorrow morning.

@Blair-Waldorf you and your 3 mile run shamed me into going out for a walk for an hour at least this afternoon 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.