The Running Thread 🏃‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need some running gear advice please!!! As it’s getting a lot colder I don’t really know what to wear whilst running. I get hot VERY, VERY quickly. I usually go out in running leggings and a tshirt but I can feel the effects of this in my chest with it being quite sore post run. Not to mention people look at me as though I’m insane haha. I’m concerned about wearing a sweater and getting far too hot and having to take it off and getting out of stride. Does anyone have advice. Is it on to go out in just a tshirt due to the fact I heat up quickly or can anyone recommend a good long sleeve that I won’t over heat in?
I wear shorts and three layers on top, vest, long sleeve, and zip hoodie. Usually take the zip off once I'm warmer. Always wear 2 fleece buffs over my ears cos I get ear ache.

I seen to run better in shorts from some reason 🤷

Really struggling at the moment. Want to run, but the ground is so hard with frost and pavements icy I'm terrified of injuring myself!

Reactions: 2
I wear shorts and three layers on top, vest, long sleeve, and zip hoodie. Usually take the zip off once I'm warmer. Always wear 2 fleece buffs over my ears cos I get ear ache.

I seen to run better in shorts from some reason 🤷

Really struggling at the moment. Want to run, but the ground is so hard with frost and pavements icy I'm terrified of injuring myself!
100% with you on this 🥴 I’ve not ran since 31st December 😔 i don’t want to get hurt or any injuries that could possibly keep me away from running for some time. I know feel I’m going down a dark hole my mood and energy are low, I need to give myself a good shake and just get out there 😔

Also if you're cold starting out but warm up quickly get a light plastic shell jacket that you can tie around your waist 😊

I‘m in the same boat with all the icy/slippery roads right now. I try to use this time for longer but slower runs, so that I can really concentrate on where I‘m going and keep prepared in case I do slip.
Definitely want better shoes for this sort of weather but all the shops are closed so nothing I can do about it right now

Ice is the worst - there are some roads and pavements here which have been covered in it for about 2 weeks! Second the suggestion about getting some trail shoes or grippier ones - also generally non-paved surfaces are a bit easier to run on (although hard grass has a different sort of ankle twisting danger...)

Slightly running related question but I am considering upgrading my phone from an iPhone 8 (fits in my shorts waistband pocket) to an 11 or 12 (which probably won’t). Any of you runners run with your phones and have any good suggestions about carrying a massive phone? If I’m only doing a short run I don’t bother taking it but longer ones I like to! I don’t like bum bags or arm bands but would consider a flip belt or something very slimline maybe...?!

Reactions: 1
Ice is the worst - there are some roads and pavements here which have been covered in it for about 2 weeks! Second the suggestion about getting some trail shoes or grippier ones - also generally non-paved surfaces are a bit easier to run on (although hard grass has a different sort of ankle twisting danger...)

Slightly running related question but I am considering upgrading my phone from an iPhone 8 (fits in my shorts waistband pocket) to an 11 or 12 (which probably won’t). Any of you runners run with your phones and have any good suggestions about carrying a massive phone? If I’m only doing a short run I don’t bother taking it but longer ones I like to! I don’t like bum bags or arm bands but would consider a flip belt or something very slimline maybe...?!
Hey I’ve got the 12 pro max, I actually put it down the front of my sports bra (put phone it in a food bag) makes your boobs look a bit funny 🥴 but it works for me 👍🏻

I am absolutely loving running at the moment. I have never liked it and felt full of dread when I got a place in the half marathon I applied to on a whim. But now I am loving it - today I even tackled running up a hill!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hey I’ve got the 12 pro max, I actually put it down the front of my sports bra (put phone it in a food bag) makes your boobs look a bit funny 🥴 but it works for me 👍🏻
Ooh this is a good idea thanks! I actually have a very old lululemon bra with a pocket in the front - not sure why more bras don’t have that.

Yep I put mine in my bra as well.

100% with you on this 🥴 I’ve not ran since 31st December 😔 i don’t want to get hurt or any injuries that could possibly keep me away from running for some time. I know feel I’m going down a dark hole my mood and energy are low, I need to give myself a good shake and just get out there 😔
I've slipped on my bum today just walking the dog 🙄 did a Chloe Ting workout instead 👍

I am absolutely loving running at the moment. I have never liked it and felt full of dread when I got a place in the half marathon I applied to on a whim. But now I am loving it - today I even tackled running up a hill!
There were lots of hills on my run today.

I hate hills. Hills are not my friend 😰

Yep I put mine in my bra as well.

I've slipped on my bum today just walking the dog 🙄 did a Chloe Ting workout instead 👍
Oh no 🤦‍♀️ hope your ok, yeah I’ve been doing some home workouts to, you should have a look on YT I’ve been following Caroline girvans epic 2, she’s brilliant

There were lots of hills on my run today.

I hate hills. Hills are not my friend 😰
I live in such a flat area so there are not many hills without driving to them - so I must confess this was more of a bridge crossing a road than a hill BUT it was an incline so it counts right?

I would like to run more hills so I can hate them too - but I cant justify driving to some given the lockdown situation!

I live in such a flat area so there are not many hills without driving to them - so I must confess this was more of a bridge crossing a road than a hill BUT it was an incline so it counts right?

I would like to run more hills so I can hate them too - but I cant justify driving to some given the lockdown situation!
Gimme flat any day 😆

Ooh this is a good idea thanks! I actually have a very old lululemon bra with a pocket in the front - not sure why more bras don’t have that.
Look into a running belt. I use a flip belt and because it's stretchy it can fit just about any phone.

I recommend free train to hold your phone, it’s so good 😊

I've got an arm running band for my phone and take a single house key. About £3 on ebay 🤭

Nike do an amazing pocket sports bra. I bought one last year, and have since bought it in every colour.

Also if you're cold starting out but warm up quickly get a light plastic shell jacket that you can tie around your waist 😊
Think I’m going to get a lightweight high via jacket. Although from how red I got I look like a bloody Belisha beacon

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The ice is really pissing me off tbh once I don’t run for more than 2 days I struggle on the first run back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.