Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hey I’ve got the 12 pro max, I actually put it down the front of my sports bra (put phone it in a food bag) makes your boobs look a bit funny 🥴 but it works for me 👍🏻
Ooh this is a good idea thanks! I actually have a very old lululemon bra with a pocket in the front - not sure why more bras don’t have that.

TheGlossy

VIP Member
Anyone has good running shoes to recommend?

I recently bought some Reebok (Energylux 2) which were supposedly tailored for running, but they really hurt my feet/sole. I don't think they're appropriate for running or perhaps it's because they're new. I just find the sole to be rather thick for a running shoe.

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Hmm whenever I’ve had unusual blisters it’s usually been in really hot weather where my feet have swelled up loads! Have you changed anything else eg mileage, run frequency? If you look on YouTube there are tons of good videos on how to re-lace your shoes so maybe it’s not that the shoes are too old but maybe the laces have got too tight over time...?
I’ve been doing couch to 10K but been doing the same distances for a good few weeks now and I run the same amount most weeks (sometimes one extra run depending on how rest days fall!). Ooh no I’ll have a look at that that could be it, have you found taping up the area has made a difference when this has happened to you? Thanks!

Shep

Yeah I would never bother drinking on a run, only when it’s hot and I’m running for over 90 mins, but I’d defo advise getting a camelbak or running vest or belt with small bottles as carrying a hand held water bottle is so annoying (and can affect your posture and all sorts when you’re running!)

digestion wise, god I went through an awful phase (after having terrible food poisoning in Morocco 🤢) of having to cut my runs short and dash home 😳 keep an eye on what you’re eating a few hours before running, eg fibre and caffeine intake!
That might be the secret to increasing pace!

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
I love running. I’ve done long distance running for as long as I can remember however I’ve managed to end up injury if my knee (I think it’s from the treadmill) so I’m having to take up more swimming for the time being! I’m itching to get going again but I know I am no where near ready.

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Side question does anyone know good sports-bras for running? I’m mostly running in some high impact ones from VS but anything more than 30mins and the straps get really uncomfortable.
I’m quite big, so most I’ve tried so far haven’t been very good. They need to offer A LOT of support 😅
I have just got some my protein velocity sculpt support bras which are quite good (and on sale atm!) but I'm not that big so not sure how much support they would offer if you really need it.

Reflected view

VIP Member
Haha, I maybe can't blame running the same route for not progressing then 😂😂

I've lost my interest for some reason. I'm going through see how I feel tomorrow and if I'm still not feeling it, going to give myself Christmas off
Take some time for yourself, recharge your batteries then see how you feel

Reflected view

VIP Member
What are your feet like?

Ran for years and my feet are just a mess of callouses and blisters no matter what shoes - it is just the volume of running I do. Bit sick of it now and softening them up even if it makes running harder lol. Surely I'm not the only one with bad feet?!
Horrible 😞

Tea4u

VIP Member
I have had the same problem. Rest seems to ease it but it comes back now and then. Ran 5k this morning with no reaction. I have been doing some core strengthening exercises and walked a lot to try and help
Hope it stays that way for you 😌

KawaiiSloth

Chatty Member
I'm glad there is an active running thread ☺. I started running in 2018 with the Couch to 5k app and have maintained my running/fitness since then. I did start training for 10k in January this year and managed to do a 9k run, but then injured my calves somehow 🙁. I don't know what I did, but I have a lot of muscle pain now. I warm up, cool down and do stretches afterwards. I stopped running for a few months and maintained my stamina by doing low-impact cardio like cross-training and cycling.
Even though the low-impact cardio keeps me fit, it doesn't give me the same mood-boosting feeling as running does, so i've re-started the couch to 5k programme. I'm now about to start week 6, exciting! I do still have muscle pain in my calves, which I don't remember having before. I'm hoping it will go away as I get used to running more. In the new year, i'm going to get gait analysis and some proper running shoes. My feet are quite arched, so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm hoping to be back to running 5k again by the end of January!

I have a couple of questions because i'm nosy...

1) What kind of music do you listen to whilst running? I have just made a playlist of all the upbeat songs on my phone, but i'm always looking out for new music to listen to!

2) Where do you buy your running clothes from? I want some more long sleeve running tops for this cold winter. I used to buy them from Karrimor/Sports direct but they have such a tiny selection available now.

birdiefly246

VIP Member
The strong core will really help you out! If you want to maintain your upper body strength then just add in some other exercises. I'm a big fan of push ups as they're so straightforward but an absolute killer. Doing the 100 push up challenge for lockdown (RIP my arms)
My hope is that running will motivate me to do the other workouts. I've tried but I think not being in a gym environment just isn't the same and then I just get lazy and unmotivated. My plan is to run and then come home and do the workouts which I think will work.

a push up challenge sounds horrendous but go you. I should probably do one cause I have chopstick arms 😂

VomitCulture

I think they are too narrow for you. I had that with my first pair of brooks and I swapped for wide fit and it stopped completely.

ETA there are lots of Facebook selling sites you could sell them on. Also, if you know anyone with vitality health care they get something like 50% off trainers from runners need!
they are the wider fit version:( ooh thanks for the heads up, I think I have a friend with Vitality!

rebremm99

Chatty Member
I’m loving this thread! I took up running about 2 months ago and love it so much but in the last few weeks I’m suffering REALLY badly with shin splints. It’s been ongoing on my right leg for 3 weeks now, the pain is bad like all day long and I miss running so much! I’ve been to the doctor a few times and have had X-ray and an MRI but nothing wrong so they said to keep icing it and resting but I’m getting so impatient 😭 does anybody have any tips for preventing them reoccurring when I can eventually run again?