The Running Thread 🏃‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone know how important it is to mix up your run route? I think this may be what's stopping me progressing.
Iv ran the same route since I took up running in March, when I go my run I’ll turn left but sometimes I’ll spice it up and turn right 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Iv ran the same route since I took up running in March, when I go my run I’ll turn left but sometimes I’ll spice it up and turn right 😂
I’m like that, I run the same lap of where I live but I’m like ooh which way round will I go today, this could change everything 🤣

Reactions: 2
Anyone know how important it is to mix up your run route? I think this may be what's stopping me progressing.
I try to change mine up. Some days I’ll run on grass, some on road, some days I’ll do a hilly route, other days a super flat one.

I find that if I make things hard for myself, when I come to do an easy route in training or a race it feel even easier.

Haha, I maybe can't blame running the same route for not progressing then 😂😂

I've lost my interest for some reason. I'm going through see how I feel tomorrow and if I'm still not feeling it, going to give myself Christmas off

I've lost my interest for some reason. I'm going through see how I feel tomorrow and if I'm still not feeling it, going to give myself Christmas off
Take some time for yourself, recharge your batteries then see how you feel

I lost interest in November and haven’t been for a proper run in about four weeks. So I told myself there was no pressure and I’ll start again in January - not to lose weight (although that would be nice) but for the mental health benefits. I never get much from running if it’s for weight loss, but if I look at it for the real benefits it’s actually easier to keep up with ☺

Having avoided running all week, I'm just back from a 5K 😅

Partially to escape how sad Christmas makes me feel, partially for the mental benefits, but mostly to prove to myself that I could.

Hope ye are all doing well and if a poster here hadn't mentioned going on Christmas day last week - it never would have even occurred to me. Cheers for being a nice wee running community :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Now that gyms are closing here I'm planning to get on top of running again and back up to running 5k at least. After Christmas though 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Having avoided running all week, I'm just back from a 5K 😅

Partially to escape how sad Christmas makes me feel, partially for the mental benefits, but mostly to prove to myself that I could.

Hope ye are all doing well and if a poster here hadn't mentioned going on Christmas day last week - it never would have even occurred to me. Cheers for being a nice wee running community :)
This is so lovely to read 🥰 well done on getting out there. I hope you are feeling a bit better now!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi everyone . I want to start running but I’m unsure what I should wear ? How do you know how many layers to put on ? Thanks for any advice !

Hi everyone . I want to start running but I’m unsure what I should wear ? How do you know how many layers to put on ? Thanks for any advice !
I think the general rule of thumb is that you should dress for running as if it were 10 degrees Celsius warmer, so if it’s 5c outside wear a similar amount of layers that you would if you were going outside in 15c (not running). Have a look at this article! https://www.runnersneed.com/expert-advice/gear-guides/winter-run-layering-guide.html

Obviously it varies lots depending on how hot or cold you run and how windy it is etc. I often overdress and end up having to tie a jacket round my waist which is quite annoying! Gloves and headbands are good as they keep you warm at the beginning of a run until you warm up.

Hey 👋 For me personally I wear a long sleeve top long leg tights (but that’s because I can’t be bothered doing a fake tan and I’m that white almost blue in colour 😂) baseball cap and running jacket that I take off 5-10mins into running and tie round my waist

Quoting myself, but felt so urgh yesterday, I got up this morning determined to go out. I did a Chloe Ting Ab workout first and then ran 2.8km (I wanted to do 3, but didn't work that way with my route). Was pretty difficult, but I've done it and hopefully I'll feel better for it later 🎉

Reactions: 3
I did my first post Christmas just now. Chose a slightly different route to mix it up a bit. Was hard though due to all the crap I’ve eaten and drunk over the last few days. Diet definitely affects how well I run.

Reactions: 7
I did my first post Christmas just now. Chose a slightly different route to mix it up a bit. Was hard though due to all the crap I’ve eaten and drunk over the last few days. Diet definitely affects how well I run.
Totally agree! Also think because I've had a week off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.