The Running Thread 🏃‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s really helpful thank you. I’m trying to do a very slow jog rather than the proper run I was doing before but need to find something in the middle as I think I’m a bit bunched up and tight (if that makes sense). I’ll definitely try and move on to week 2.
Pace is EVERYTHING! Although I'm on 5 minute runs, I definitely wouldn't call them runs! It does get easier and it's quite amazing how quickly your body adapts - 4 weeks ago I was out of puff going up the stairs 😳

25 minutes is my next run. I have done 20 so hopefully I can make the next step.

Trainer wise I use ASICS. They are sturdy and comfortable but to be honest as long as they are a running trainer they should be fine whatever brand. Just a shame you can’t try them on in lockdown.
Thanks - I have spent a lot of today browsing and kept coming back to Asics - just taken the plunge and ordered some that are suitable for outdoor running. Hope to have them by the weekend and ready for week 5 🤪

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
no I have never ran before! I always thought I’m too slow, I get sore shins, my calves hurt, I get a stitch etc. I always think the first run of each new week is a bit daunting but your body and mind can do powerful things with a little bit of a push! It’s a great feeling once you’ve completed a run isn’t it?! Best of luck to you too. I enjoy checking in here and following everyone’s updates😊
I still prefer swimming to running but that feeling when you have finished is incredible. I used to get back my lungs still sore but this hot surge coursing through me thinking you’ve done it. Never experienced anything like it.

just finished week 6 with a 25 minute run. Wasn’t too bad apart from a head wind both ways. As it’s so flat here there’s nothing to block it. Flagged a little from 15-20 minutes but kept going and could have done more.
Week7 is 3 25 minute runs so I intend to try and up my pace

Reactions: 4
Determined to get myself out there tomorrow, even if it’s just for 15 mins 🙈 can’t believe how well I was doing and now it’s been a month since I last ran! 🤦‍♀️

Determined to get myself out there tomorrow, even if it’s just for 15 mins 🙈 can’t believe how well I was doing and now it’s been a month since I last ran! 🤦‍♀️
Do it. I’m still not a huge fan of running but drag myself out and feel good when I finish. It’s worth the effort

• Heart
Do it. I’m still not a huge fan of running but drag myself out and feel good when I finish. It’s worth the effort
Agreed - I'm very good at making excuses not to exercise but now that I've been doing some for a few weeks, I recognise that I feel really good afterwards and that pushes me to go. Definitely worth the effort!

Reactions: 1
It’s the dragging myself out part I struggle with! We’ve been walking an hour every day but I miss the solitude of being outdoors on my own. I live in the countryside and I feel very ‘at one’ with my surroundings when I run as it’s so quiet. I have Raynaud’s so really struggle with the cold, picked up a pair of running gloves in Tesco today though so now I have no excuse!!

It’s the dragging myself out part I struggle with! We’ve been walking an hour every day but I miss the solitude of being outdoors on my own. I live in the countryside and I feel very ‘at one’ with my surroundings when I run as it’s so quiet. I have Raynaud’s so really struggle with the cold, picked up a pair of running gloves in Tesco today though so now I have no excuse!!
Get your gear on and get out the door - once you start it's fine 😬 (at least that's what I tell myself 😝)

• Heart
Motivators tell you the step out of the door is the hardest one. I beg to differ and think the hardest is when I have just turned at halfway but I get what they mean. Getting started is half the battle. If you have to stop then stop. The important thing is to go consistently and go further each time if you can.

I've ordered a habit tracker so I'll have a visual display of if I've been running Wenlock - hoping that'll provide enough accountability to make me stick with it!

2354936F-932D-4616-9BD1-76E9030BA5F2.jpeg
Over the moon with this for my first run in over a month. It was SO cold and SO windy though I didn’t feel like I was actually moving at one point 😂 now to try and keep it up 🙈 just can’t wait for some half decent weather!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Well done everyone!!!

I did W4R3 today and my boyfriend tagged along - it was quite nice to have company and we were a fairly matched pace (which is also annoying as he hasn't done any exercise for months 😡).

My new Asics arrived today and they TRANSFORMED my run - my legs don't feel like death so thank you very much for the recommendations :D

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Well done everyone!!!

I did W4R3 today and my boyfriend tagged along - it was quite nice to have company and we were a fairly matched pace (which is also annoying as he hasn't done any exercise for months 😡).

My new Asics arrived today and they TRANSFORMED my run - my legs don't feel like death so thank you very much for the recommendations :D
I love my Asics they’re a total game changer! My boyfriend is banned from coming running with me because he pisses me off for the same reason 🤣🤣

• Haha
A girl whose parents live up the road from me was back at Xmas and wants to run with me. I am a bit nervous about it as I think she is quicker and fitter than me.
Was going to start week 7 today but felt a little stiff after two runs in two days so walked for a couple of miles instead and will try and get out tomorrow. And boy was it cold!
it’s definitely harder to motivate myself when I know it’s all running.

Had a really good steady pace on this morning then as I was passing a horse rider she asked me to move this big long piece of tarpaulin out of the road for her, was like ffs 🤣 did it as quickly as possible but struggled to maintain a pace after that and knew my time was gonna be off. I saw the bit of plastic flailing off the back of a truck when it passed me and nearly whipped me going round a corner. Should have known that was a bad sign and gone the other way! The joys of country living 😂 oh well at least I made life easier for the horse 🤣

I had to stop the other day because my ear pod came out. Only stopped for a few seconds to pick it up and it wasn’t the same after. My running route is a road cut in half by a bypass so there is hardly any traffic but lots of runners and dog walkers. When I get to the bypass if I cant cross straight away I still keep moving to avoid the constraints of stopping. Fortunately there are former petrol stations on both sides so there is plenty of room to keep running safely.
Starting week 7 today. Feel more motivated than yesterday which I will put down to having a crap night on Friday/Saturday. Think I will change my route too. I’ve said before that I like to do the same so I can compare runs. I don’t take a watch as I know I will be constantly looking at it but doing the same route I know roughly where I am in what time so it defeats the object

Starting Run 50 in Feb tomorrow. Really hoping I can start off well, am aiming for 6km 😑

Got about 3/4 of a mile into and Achilles tighten up. Still sore now 9 hours later. It didn’t feel right before I started. Sad as I was well motivated today. Week 7 will start as soon as I can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.