The Royal Family #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh his granny! Lol. I thought his nanny as in the paid childminder.

I was wondering why he would care what his old nanny had to do with anything! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Part of me feels bad for Meghan because the more this drags on the more I think Harry was the big problem here and he has used her as revenge. Her brought her in to the family and country without teaching her basic things so she embarrassed herself, got bad press and it gave him the chance he’s always wanted to explode. I don’t know how she puts up with him as a husband, I can see why the others left.

What does a beautiful 30 year old blonde see in a 62 year old billionaire old enough to be her dad?
I suspect there are some daddy issues involved

I partly agree with you @hannah123 It’s always easier to blame the newcomer than blame the family member who knows the score. Saying this, she’s more than poked the fires (like her Oprah interview)

• Haha
Reactions: 5

What does a beautiful 30 year old blonde see in a 62 year old billionaire old enough to be her dad?
Pretty poor reporting - they correctly state that Charles Spencer is her father but then in the next sentence they state it’s unsure if her Uncle Earl Spencer attended the wedding! :rolleyes:
I wonder why William didn’t attend his cousins wedding?

Reactions: 1
Pretty poor reporting - they correctly state that Charles Spencer is her father but then in the next sentence they state it’s unsure if her Uncle Earl Spencer attended the wedding! :rolleyes:
Looks like a bit of a sponsored wedding with everyone in D&G, might have looked a bit suss if they turned up and were thought to be advertising it.

Everything Earl Spencer has goes to his son when he dies. She’s setting herself up for her future. As depressing as that is to type

Reactions: 10
And they missed that Emma Thynne and her husband are actually the Marquess and Marchioness of Bath since his father died.

Maybe Kitty's parents aren't happy with her choice?

Reactions: 3
Looking at the photos in the DM, they all look so vacuous and shallow. Prince William was better off not attending.

Also, it’s interesting that her brothers walked her down the aisle and not Earl Spencer. I wonder if he objected to the marriage or their relationship is strained?

Reactions: 3
Could be because of restrictions and not being able to take time out with work commitments?

Looks like a bit of a sponsored wedding with everyone in D&G
If your wedding is going to get sponsored, you can do far worse than Dolce and Gabbana. I wonder if they will sponsor my nuptials…

Reactions: 6
It seems that W and K stopped going to weddings a few years ago - maybe because of security or they simply don't enjoy them....

Kitty's wedding looked incredibly tacky - too much money that had been thrown around in my view.
Given that she got married in an old Italian castle a vintage wedding dress would have been nice (given her family history she probably had access to some), but wearing five designer dresses is over the top in my view.

I would really like to know why Charles was absent - did she fall out with her father? I haven't read anything anywhere.

Could be because of restrictions and not being able to take time out with work commitments?
Probably not work commitments given that W and K are on holiday on the Isle of Scilly....

Reactions: 8
I read that Earl Spencer was present but did not walk her down the aisle.

I also read William and Catherine did not want to take the spotlight away from the Bride.

Who knows if either is true.

This wedding clearly involved some promotion of the D&G brand and it could be deemed inappropriate for William and Catherine to be seen there because it would look like they were advertising it.

Reactions: 6
I don’t think Kate or any other attending royal lady has ever stolen the spotlight of the bride.
I doubt she is very close to her royal cousins. She stayed with her mother in SA after the divorce and only moved to London in 2012.
Kate and Wiliam not going to many weddings is indeed a bit sad. As much as I like Sophie, I think it’s time for the heir to the throne and his wife to attend those plushy glitzy events- especially with the other royals. The BRF is always a bit on the outside which is sad. Charles rarely goes and the Wessex always feel a bit like an excuse. Monacco, Luxembourg, Sweden I + II, Hannover, (not counting the several out of Europe and another dozen of Monaco ones) would have been nice occasions to mingle. Especially as many have taken or will take the throne soon. They will still be monarchs when Wiliam takes over, so it would have been nice to see them together. And maybe Kate could have gotten some secret tips regarding evening wear and bringing out the big guns.
* pretty sure H&M could have been the new wedding attendees if they wanted too. Bad luck I say

Last edited:
I don’t think Kate or any other attending royal lady has ever stolen the spotlight of the bride.
I doubt she is very close to her royal cousins. She stayed with her mother in SA after the divorce and only moved to London in 2012.
Kate and Wiliam not going to many weddings is indeed a bit sad. As much as I like Sophie, I think it’s time for the heir to the throne and his wife to attend those plushy glitzy events- especially with the other royals. The BRF is always a bit on the outside which is sad. Monacco, Luxembourg, Sweden I + II, Hannover, (not counting the several out of Europe and another dozen of Monaco ones) would have been nice occasions to mingle. Especially as many have taken or will take the throne soon. They will still be monarchs when Wiliam takes over, so it would have been nice to see them together. And maybe Kate could have
gotten some secret tips regarding evening wear and bringing out the big guns.

I dont think they'd take the spotlight away either.
It was just a suggestion I had read.

And maybe they will start to attend more stuff once covid restrictions get fully lifted.

Reactions: 1
I find the kitty wedding sickening. Yes they have money and are free to spend it to celebrate their wedding, but as with all the rich people in this pandemic, I find it vulgar and crass that there is such a divide in society. The rich & famous (and z lists) continue holidaying on yachts, grand weddings, have celebrated in mass gatherings, in and out of countries whilst regular people and their families can't afford to go because of tests/quarantining and other govt restrictions, and are struggling financially in life.

And I think her wedding dress is ghastly but the blue dress stunning.

Reactions: 11
I find the kitty wedding sickening. Yes they have money and are free to spend it to celebrate their wedding, but as with all the rich people in this pandemic, I find it vulgar and crass that there is such a divide in society. The rich & famous (and z lists) continue holidaying on yachts, grand weddings, have celebrated in mass gatherings, in and out of countries whilst regular people and their families can't afford to go because of tests/quarantining and other govt restrictions, and are struggling financially in life.

And I think her wedding dress is ghastly but the blue dress stunning.
The wedding dress is very high fashion. She can pull it off because she's like a model but it would look horrendous on a normal person. The blue dress is fab and the white one with the flowers. I think w and k mauve didn't want to be associated with it because of the issues you outlined re. vulgarity and the gap between the rich and the rest of us.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.